HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sundin's must learn leadership lesson?

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2004, 05:27 PM
ATG

vCash: 500
Sundin must learn leadership lesson?

I know he's injured but after watching Steve Yzerman play on one leg for the wings two years ago that is a measuring stick to me suck it up.If he doesn't play in game 7 he doesn't deserve the "C".He needs to show some heart like Yzerman

Last edited by ATG: 04-19-2004 at 05:32 PM.
Old
04-19-2004, 05:28 PM
nordique

vCash:
Uh, you don't think Sundin wants to play...?

Old
04-19-2004, 05:31 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique
Uh, you don't think Sundin wants to play...?
I know he does but Steve Yzerman wouldn't allow himself to be scratched he was n their on one leg.That's heart

Old
04-19-2004, 05:33 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander the Great
I know he's injured but after watching Steve Yzerman play on one leg for the wings two years ago.If he doesn't play in game 7 he doesn't deserve the "C".He needs to show some heart like Yzerman
just about the stupidest thing thats been said in some time on this site.

Old
04-19-2004, 05:35 PM
Kemosabe

yeah, let's risk further injury to one of the few valuable players on this team who isn't a year or two from retirement...

Old
04-19-2004, 05:35 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Around in 67
just about the stupidest thing thats been said in some time on this site.
Why is this stupid?.Stevie Y played with a torn quad and Sundin was moving around better in practice than Yzerman was in the Blues series

Old
04-19-2004, 05:37 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemosabe
yeah, let's risk further injury to one of the few valuable players on this team who isn't a year or two from retirement...
Just put it this way would doug gilmour play in his prime?.And let's not kid ourselves the leafs will go into a rebuilding stage after this year is complete.No eddy,niewy,moginly,francis,reichel,renberg,Calle.W ith the CBA negotations going on free wheeling free agent spending might come to an end.

Last edited by ATG: 04-19-2004 at 05:40 PM.
Old
04-19-2004, 05:37 PM
BlueAndWhite

Quote:
Why is this stupid?.Stevie Y played with a torn quad and Sundin was moving around better in practice than Yzerman was in the Blues series
Sundin's played with injury in the playoffs before, on multiple occasions.

And Game 7 has YET to be played....

Old
04-19-2004, 05:41 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
For one, doctors have too much to say now when I player can go and when he can't. Since that case last year where the Philly player suied because he felt he was forced back too soon, doctors are erroring on the side of caution. If the guy isn't comfortable out there he isn't going to be any good to them anyway. Lets take his C away because he got hurt. That's not a stupid comment, that's genius.

Old
04-19-2004, 05:42 PM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
I agree Sundin has to prove he can play when it matters... If his Quad is torn then there's not a hell of alot more damage he can do there.... Like I said in another post a hurt Sundin at 50% is better then half the players in the league at 100%.

Old
04-19-2004, 05:43 PM
ATG

Quote:
For one, doctors have too much to say now when I player can go and when he can't. Since that case last year where the Philly player suied because he felt he was forced back too soon, doctors are erroring on the side of caution. If the guy isn't comfortable out there he isn't going to be any good to them anyway. Lets take his C away because he got hurt. That's not a stupid comment, that's genius.
Sign a waiver.Forcing the player to play and the player wanting to play through an injury.You were around in 67 so can he truthfully say that doug gilmour wouldn't play through it?

Old
04-19-2004, 05:45 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24
I agree Sundin has to prove he can play when it matters... If his Quad is torn then there's not a hell of alot more damage he can do there.... Like I said in another post a hurt Sundin at 50% is better then half the players in the league at 100%.
If it's a torn quad fine he shouldn't play but their is no limp.How can a person walk around fine with a torn quad.Where's the brace

Old
Stephen

Quote:
Yzerman also missed like 90% of the following season and incurred huge personal injury. Hockey players aren't cattle, and I wouldn't expect anyone, or want anyone to risk long term health problems for a lousy hockey game.

Old
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Sign a waiver.Forcing the player to play and the player wanting to play through an injury.You were around in 67 so can he truthfully say that doug gilmour wouldn't play through it?
not today he wouldn't.

Old
04-19-2004, 05:47 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Yzerman also missed like 90% of the following season and incurred huge personal injury. Hockey players aren't cattle, and I wouldn't expect anyone, or want anyone to risk long term health problems for a lousy hockey game.
It just proved how much Yzerman wanted to win.After watching their captain play through that injury how could they not be inspired.I have a Sundin jersey with the C on it but I will be really upset if he isn't out their giving it his all.Heart is the most important thing

Old
04-19-2004, 05:49 PM
ATG

Quote:
not today he wouldn't.
Back in 93 common doug was as tough as they came.He was our Yzerman.What about Thornton he is playing injured without a doubt he hasn't been very effective but his presence helps out his linemates

Old
04-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
If it's a torn quad fine he shouldn't play but their is no limp.How can a person walk around fine with a torn quad.Where's the brace
Hey man I'm with you... I already have a post will sundin play in game 7...
All the points you are making I made.

Old
04-19-2004, 05:56 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24
Hey man I'm with you... I already have a post will sundin play in game 7...
All the points you are making I made.
I know man your the only one.

Old
04-19-2004, 06:05 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
I know man your the only one.
doesn't that tell you something?

Old
04-19-2004, 06:05 PM
Stephen

Quote:
It just proved how much Yzerman wanted to win.After watching their captain play through that injury how could they not be inspired.I have a Sundin jersey with the C on it but I will be really upset if he isn't out their giving it his all.Heart is the most important thing
Give me a break.

We have seen Sundin play with a broken jaw, a cracked ankle, a lacerated face. I'm sure if he could play he would. I doubt he's just ducking out because he doesn't feel like it, just like I doubt Nieuwendyk was ducking out of game 4 and Nolan has been ducking out of the series..

Old
04-19-2004, 06:13 PM
GoM

Holy **** is it possible for a fickle Leaf fan to be happy with anyone? Sundin takes so much flak for being Captain, it's not even funny. I swear to ****ing god, if he was playing like **** with his undisclosed injury, you'd be on his ass for taking a roster spot. For ****'s sake, leave the guy a****inglone, he's more than proven his heart, dedication and desire.

I'm getting ****ing sick of this ****

Old
04-19-2004, 06:18 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoM
Holy **** is it possible for a fickle Leaf fan to be happy with anyone? Sundin takes so much flak for being Captain, it's not even funny. I swear to ****ing god, if he was playing like **** with his undisclosed injury, you'd be on his ass for taking a roster spot. For ****'s sake, leave the guy a****inglone, he's more than proven his heart, dedication and desire.

I'm getting ****ing sick of this ****
If Sundin was out their not producing because of his injury I would understand.I mean if he's doing everything he can to play then I would be the first to praise him,im just so nervous about tommorow and if he was playing I think we would have a much and I ean much better chance of winning

Old
04-19-2004, 06:20 PM
GoM

Who knows, he may play. Unless you're Mats yourself, how in hell do you know he's not trying his hardest to get back?

I apologize for coming off so damn angry, but topics like this really piss me off, because they lack almost all credibility

Old
04-19-2004, 06:22 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoM
Who knows, he may play. Unless you're Mats yourself, how in hell do you know he's not trying his hardest to get back?

I apologize for coming off so damn angry, but topics like this really piss me off, because they lack almost all credibility
Just a nervous Leaf fan I almost had a coronary in game 6 and couldn't sleep knowing it could be another year of frustration

Old
04-19-2004, 06:23 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Give me a break.

We have seen Sundin play with a broken jaw, a cracked ankle, a lacerated face. I'm sure if he could play he would. I doubt he's just ducking out because he doesn't feel like it, just like I doubt Nieuwendyk was ducking out of game 4 and Nolan has been ducking out of the series..
Frustration set in on me man I just want so badly for them to win

Closed Thread