HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Sundin's must learn leadership lesson?

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2004, 06:28 PM
Stephen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander the Great
Frustration set in on me man I just want so badly for them to win
I hear ya, it's just I'm sure everyone in that locker room wants it as much as we do.

Old
04-19-2004, 06:31 PM
Stephen

By the way, I haven't slept since the OT loss, (caffeine and just being so wound up).

We have to win tomorrow!

Old
04-19-2004, 11:09 PM
richardn

Quote:
I know he's injured but after watching Steve Yzerman play on one leg for the wings two years ago that is a measuring stick to me suck it up.If he doesn't play in game 7 he doesn't deserve the "C".He needs to show some heart like Yzerman

Did you ever think that the The Leafs were resting him until the next series. Mark my workds now that the Leafs did not rap up the series in game 6 Sundin will dress tomorow. Quinn will play it like a game time decision with the media and All of a sudden Sundin will be in the lineup. We won game 5 without him I think it was smart to sit him game 6. If the Leafs had of won last night without Sundin think what it would have done to the rest of the teams confidence for the rest of the playoffs.

Old
04-20-2004, 12:41 AM
nordique

vCash:
Quote:
Sign a waiver.Forcing the player to play and the player wanting to play through an injury.You were around in 67 so can he truthfully say that doug gilmour wouldn't play through it?
Remember Yushkevich? Insurance liability (yay law student!) prohibits such a thing from realistically happening.

Old
04-20-2004, 07:08 AM
Augustus
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I know he's injured but after watching Steve Yzerman play on one leg for the wings two years ago that is a measuring stick to me suck it up.If he doesn't play in game 7 he doesn't deserve the "C".He needs to show some heart like Yzerman

Just when you think it's safe to go onto these boards....

After over ten years of Sundin's consistently excellent play, class, leadership, playing hurt, and being our best player, still we get nonsense like this.

Sad.

Closed Thread