HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Florida - Detroit

Old
01-06-2010, 06:06 AM
wej20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post
I agree that Horton is individually the best player out of the bunch but will the package of Fil, Abs and a third be worth more in two to three years. Nobody really knows right now but the package does help the Panthers with skilled depth.
I doubt it will be Horton is finally playing like a first line winger and Filppula is a 2nd line centre and Abdelkader a 3rd/4th line winger right now and hopefully a 2nd/3rd line winger in the future and the third could easily amount to nothing.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 06:40 PM
solo16

vCash: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
I doubt it will be Horton is finally playing like a first line winger and Filppula is a 2nd line centre and Abdelkader a 3rd/4th line winger right now and hopefully a 2nd/3rd line winger in the future and the third could easily amount to nothing.
To be clear. Once we talk about 2-3 years down the road the equation changes.

Filppula is a 2nd line center today. In 2-3 years he has 1st line center upside which he may never reach.

Abdelkader is a 3rd/4th line Center right now who can play wing. In 2-3 years he will be may be a 2nd or 3rd line center/ winger. With some top line upside as a power forward. We wont see Abs ceiling till he hits 25 or 26. He is actually still really young.

Those are two pretty solid player prospects. Horton is finally playing like a first line winger but in 2-3 years may still be or may no longer be.

Are 2 top 9 forwards possibly top 6 forwards = to 1 top 3 forward?

It is hard to tell. I will say it again the value is there but each GM would have their own reason to do it or not do it based on their team plan.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 06:56 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post
To be clear. Once we talk about 2-3 years down the road the equation changes.

Filppula is a 2nd line center today. In 2-3 years he has 1st line center upside which he may never reach.

Abdelkader is a 3rd/4th line Center right now who can play wing. In 2-3 years he will be may be a 2nd or 3rd line center/ winger. With some top line upside as a power forward. We wont see Abs ceiling till he hits 25 or 26. He is actually still really young.

Those are two pretty solid player prospects. Horton is finally playing like a first line winger but in 2-3 years may still be or may no longer be.

Are 2 top 9 forwards possibly top 6 forwards = to 1 top 3 forward?

It is hard to tell. I will say it again the value is there but each GM would have their own reason to do it or not do it based on their team plan.
that's all well and good but Horton is playing like a Gamebreaker right now so no need to trade him just to gain a mid round pick and decent prospect.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 07:54 PM
lawless and lulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFLFan79 View Post
Mr. DamonDRW, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
i read these forums a nice bit...but this is the best movie reference i have even ready( billy madison ). it suits the situation perfectly......well done

lawless and lulu is offline   Reply With Quote