Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Corey Perry-without Ryan Getzlaf

Old
01-04-2010, 07:38 AM
albertabound

vCash: 500
Corey Perry-without Ryan Getzlaf

Has anyone else out there notice that Perry is actually nothing with out Getzlaf. This guy is lazy, he can count his lucky stars that he has had Ryan to make him the player he is today. Hurry back Ryan we need back asap. totally diappointed with Perry in the last 15 games Ryan does all the work and you can sure notice it without him in the line up cause Perry sure sucks!!

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifi View Post
Has anyone else out there notice that Perry is actually nothing with out Getzlaf. This guy is lazy, he can count his lucky stars that he has had Ryan to make him the player he is today. Hurry back Ryan we need back asap. totally diappointed with Perry in the last 15 games Ryan does all the work and you can sure notice it without him in the line up cause Perry sure sucks!!
Go away troll...

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 12:52 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 50
From what I can tell, he/she's not a troll, just a Montreal fan who is here to check up on Chipchura. Possibly hasn't seen Perry a lot in the beginning of the season, before we got Chipchura. When Perry was carrying the team offensively while Getzlaf and Ryan sucked it up.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifi View Post
Perry has always been streaky, without Getzlaf, Lupul, Selanne it is just much more apparent.

Pretty simple and if you have watched Perry throughout his career you would know that. Also Perry has never been a huge "creator" with the puck. Always more of a finisher. That is why Perry/Getzlaf have worked so well together in the past.

Professor John Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 05:26 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
just take a look at who hes playing with.... what are you supposed to do with belesky and chipchura.. hes a finisher and none of those guys can dish him the puck... perry was lights out earlier on in the season with minimal/moderate help from getzy n ryan, and to top it all off hes a streaky player in the first place so now he looks even worse without getzy.... if you put koivu n ryan on his line i doubt he'd be this unproductive.. i'm not saying he needs great linemates in order to succeed but a player has got to have some linemates...

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Elvs

Perry was falling into a slump even prior to Getzlaf's injury. He carried this team early in the season. Perry hasn't done much lately, but Getzlaf wouldn't have done much better with Chipchura and Carter/Beleskey on his line.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
i lolled hard

Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 03:12 AM
calvin0416*

This is what hockey is all about.....complimenting one another's strengths and weaknesses.

Hull without Oates: one could argue Hull was lazy and does nothing unless someone skilled can pass him the puck.

Getzlaf makes everyone better around him. Perry is goal scorer was tied for 2nd on Team Canada in Goals with 4 (tied with the living Legend and Heaters, Iginla had 5).

More importantly, their chemistry together with Morrow was amazing. Ducks should trade to get Morrow on their team after that performance. Dominant cycle and pressure game scoring 7 of Canada's last 13 goals. That's 60% of the offense came from Getzlaf's line.

Finally I agree that Getzlaf>Carter injured or not. After suffering an ankle injury and coming back to score 2G 2A 4pts just shows what a gamer he is. It's not just how many points you score but WHEN you do it. When it comes to the BIG GAME, there are few who are better than Getzlaf and Perry.

calvin0416* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 04:09 PM
SonOfBraincramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin0416 View Post

Getzlaf makes everyone better around him.

When it comes to the BIG GAME, there are few who are better than Getzlaf and Perry.
Yeah, Getz make all the forwards for the other team look GREAT! Stoooopid no look passes, no hustle, lazy play.

Made the Canadians look like Superstars last night. Cost us 2 goals and then the game.

Trade him, he is worth a ton and he just doesn't want to try and win. He is trying to be the Magic Johnson of Hockey but looks like he belongs on the team that loses to the Harlem Globetrotters every night.

That is about the 5th game he has single-handedly lost for the team by messing around and not playing smart hockey.

SonOfBraincramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 04:56 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfBraincramp View Post
Yeah, Getz make all the forwards for the other team look GREAT! Stoooopid no look passes, no hustle, lazy play.

Made the Canadians look like Superstars last night. Cost us 2 goals and then the game.

Trade him, he is worth a ton and he just doesn't want to try and win. He is trying to be the Magic Johnson of Hockey but looks like he belongs on the team that loses to the Harlem Globetrotters every night.

That is about the 5th game he has single-handedly lost for the team by messing around and not playing smart hockey.
are you being serious.. you want us to trade our franchise centerman who has shown up in every playoff run we've had and has brought it for us in the most important games... been bad after the olympic break.. definitely.. but you dont just trade someone because hes been mediocre this season.. heck even at mediocre hes a hell of a hockey player..

Old
03-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Paul4587

Getzlaf has the talent to be our franchise centre but he sure as hell doesn't act like he wants to be. He only tries when he's pissed off, has something to prove or against the Red Wings. What's the point in having his dominating performances in the playoffs when we're not even going to make the playoffs?

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Benny Lava

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertabound View Post
This guy is lazy, he can count his lucky stars that he has had Ryan to make him the player he is today.
Wait, Perry's the lazy one?

Benny Lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 06:47 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Getzlaf has the talent to be our franchise centre but he sure as hell doesn't act like he wants to be. He only tries when he's pissed off, has something to prove or against the Red Wings. What's the point in having his dominating performances in the playoffs when we're not even going to make the playoffs?
true but i dont think he was that lazy last night.. dumb mistaskes for sure but he backchecked hard... donno if the blind backhand passes were "lazy" but they sure as hell werent smart

Old
03-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:

Yeah, let's have a team of Mike Browns instead! If Getzlaf was a consistent hard worker, he'd be challenging for the Art Ross every year, but that's not who he is.

Getzlaf helps this team win far more games then he helps lose and he elevates his game when it matters most, you don't trade that type of player just because he's not perfect.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 06:54 PM
hockeydemon05

Send a message via AIM to hockeydemon05
Quote:

I agree with the fact that he has played like absolute horse **** and no hustle a lot this season. If I hadn't witnessed what he's done in the playoffs, I'd agree with you 110%.

hockeydemon05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2010, 08:22 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 50
I think it might be worth noting that "Getzlaf not trying all the time" was part of the reason he fell to us, and also a big part of why he only had a soso final season in junior.

It's kind of part of the package.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 02:51 AM
Paul4587

He got stripped of his C in his last year of junior because he was lazy and had a bad attitude too. If Nieds retires I sure as hell hope we re sign Koivu because Getzlaf is nowhere near ready to wear a C on his chest.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2010, 04:13 PM
SonOfBraincramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Naked View Post
Yeah, let's have a team of Mike Browns instead! If Getzlaf was a consistent hard worker, he'd be challenging for the Art Ross every year, but that's not who he is.

Getzlaf helps this team win far more games then he helps lose and he elevates his game when it matters most, you don't trade that type of player just because he's not perfect.
Never said I want a team of Mike Browns, Marchants and the like. We would be all over the place but never score. I just cant stand lazy players. And beyond that, players that make idiot choices and it still doesn't fire them up. So he backchecked one time. whoooopie. He is a Center, he should be back EVERY shift.

I am sorry if I expect a first line player, 'the franchise' to be better than 50/50 on if he helps or hurts the team. Someone making 5 mil should be helping the team 75%, with 20% being indifferent and only 5% of the time HURTING the team, which right now he is 40/40/20% - no better. He is SO far way from 'not perfect' it is sick. I would say he makes 4-5 bad choices a GAME. Lazy passes, not shooting, bad hustle, bad penalties in the offensive zone, etc.

It is his attitude is what sucks. Why I say trade, is that I do not want 4 years of seeing him waltz around the ice anymore. And we could get ALOT for him. What do you think his VALUE is? Another First Line Center, a 2nd line D plus picks? Might send a message to other players that no one is safe.

Sorry I have never been Google-eyed about him ever. So yes, my opinion is to trade him. But that wont happen till the season is over or trade deadline next year, so he has to nut up and play like he cares. And if not, bye bye.

SonOfBraincramp is offline   Reply With Quote