HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

National Anthem in Corel Centre

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2004, 09:50 AM
MacDaddy TLC*

vCash: 500
They should try and find the old organ and get the guy outta the mothballs that used to play it from the Maple Leaf Gardens.

Old
04-20-2004, 09:58 AM
StanleyCH25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck Bunny79
The DJ at the ACC constantly plays the music at the wrong time and the music to get everyone pumped is from 1972. This is just one of the many reasons why I think the fans are always so quiet there.
Maybe he's doing it to remind the crowd the last time the Leafs won the Cup?

Old
04-20-2004, 10:33 AM
joecool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy Version 1.3
They should try and find the old organ and get the guy outta the mothballs that used to play it from the Maple Leaf Gardens.
Yes ! I remember that from the old gardens (on tv), when I was a kid, and I thought he was pretty entertaining. seriously, how hard is it to hook up a digital organ to the sound system ? ( I understand the old pipe organ took up valuable seating space ... ) I'm sure there are a ton of keyboardists that would be far better at crowd interaction then the "button pushing dj monkey"

Old
04-20-2004, 04:58 PM
wasting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComrieFanatic
me and my freind were having a discussion about the anthem being played at the Corel Centre. We both feel that that guy who sings it shouldnt be waving the flag at the end and rooting for the Sens simply because it is Canada's National Anthem and there should be no bias or that type of celebrating during its play

what do you think?
I like that Cop guy. I think he is one of the best guys in the entire league to sing the anthem. That wink, salute, blow a kiss thing is cool.

Closed Thread