HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kevin Lowe on Oilers Lunch Today

Old
01-04-2010, 03:21 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I agree, we were told the samething last year and then in the off-season promised a good season. Not that I am complaining about how things are going, but you lie to us and expect us to cheer our butts off for one of the worse teams in the league?

I'm telling you it is all alcohol related. The weekend games people are louder and the liquor lines are longer. Maybe they need to drop liquor prices and noise volume will go up.
Maybe they should give the fans bottle service?

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:23 PM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
I couldn't give two craps about what anybody in management has to say, too many false promises especially after this debacle of an offseason.........
Actions speak louder than words, i'm just waiting patiently to see what they will do about this mess.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Julio18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
Bottom 3, no better than that. If we lose the next few...the sell-off has to be coming here doesn't it??? At least Moreau and Staios. Staios should be mercy traded to a playoff team.
I think Staios has been trying to showcase what he has to offer over the last few games - more so than usual. The same argument could be made for Struds too.

Moreau has got nothing.

Julio18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:28 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 6000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentuckycowboy View Post
Anybody else hearing this crap?

He says that the teams plan is to not finish in the bottom 5, C'mon Kevin wake up man, Your team stinks and you guys are asleep at the switch, also Bob should have been a bit more tougher on him when he said that.

well

as I stated before--unless they trade a few players away--my prediction is a pick between 10 and 15 again--just a feeling

the oilers just hit rock bottom in my opinion and things can not get worse

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntOilFan View Post
He also said the fans need to be more supportive of the team on home ice.
So it's the fans fault again eh...

Among the league's highest ticket prices.

Among the league's oldest/ugliest/most uncomfortable arenas.

Among the league's worst and least exciting teams.

Someone should link KLOWE to the ticket exchange threads over the last few seasons, so he can see what this seasons demand is like in comparison. I can't even give tickets away this year. I'm sure it will eventually come out that the organization has been eating the extra tickets like Minnesota was, and that the sell-out streak was just a farce.

Mowzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:32 PM
frag2

comes back to this **** begins and ends with lowe. if narnia is in this thread, she'll post the same excuses about slats following my post

tambo is on thin ice as well. if he follows through with the tank, i'll give him one more season. if he fails on that, then he should get the boot as well. granted lowe should be out before he does.

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Gusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
Someone should link KLOWE to the ticket exchange threads over the last few seasons, so he can see what this seasons demand is like in comparison. I can't even give tickets away this year. I'm sure it will eventually come out that the organization has been eating the extra tickets like Minnesota was, and that the sell-out streak was just a farce.
I've been suspicious of this exact thing for over a month now. I'm convinced they've been padding the ticket numbers.

Gusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Gusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
tambo is on thin ice as well. if he follows through with the tank, i'll give him one more season. if he fails on that, then he should get the boot as well. granted lowe should be out before he does.
But if the Oilers do end up tanking, on purpose or not, this season, they aren't going to be an automatic Cup or even Playoff contender next season.

It won't happen that quick.

It will take at least 2 years before a noticeable difference by drafting someone like Hall, IMO.

Giving Tambellini only 1 more year wouldn't prove his worth or prove his unworthiness.

Gusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Digger12

Somebody should inform Mr. Lowe that even if this team *could* win 7 in a row, as long as the teams between them and 8th place play around .500 hockey all it would accomplish is the Oilers gaining from 15th to maybe 12th, and they'd be still around 9-10 points out of a playoff spot.

They truly are done, barring an out and out miracle.

Digger12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:36 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
If they were going to try and salvage the season we would have signed a goaltender by now.

Honestly, they could probably coax Weekes out of retirement if they really wanted to improve. Yes, begin the Weekes sucks comments, but he's better than what we have now.

Nobody "wants" to finish in the toilet. It is destiny at this point however. The Oilers often treat their fans like children.
How often has goaltending hurt us though? Almost half our games we only score 2 or less goals, so right there is half our games we probably don't deserve to win.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:46 PM
SlowFreshOil*

Quote:

What does Lowe care? Lowe's got a cushy job as long as Katz is enjoying the smell of his jock from the glory days.

The comment about the fans made me want to puke. I spend a lot of money on Oilers stuff (season tickets, merchandise, charities, etc.) and I get told I have to cheer louder for a substandard product? A product I've been promised would be better for the past two seasons?

I have two words for you Mr. Lowe, and they rhyme with Yuck Foo.

Last edited by SlowFreshOil*: 01-04-2010 at 03:52 PM.
SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Temaire

I never thought I'd see the day when the Oilers sucked so bad that Evil Oilers had to remove his sig.

Temaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:48 PM
DangerMan
@danlizee

I guess I'm in the minority, I thought KLowe's thoughts were well played out. He isn't going to come out and say that this team is going to tank, but he knows that the FFH is well within reason and a definite possibility. He also acknowledged that this team is going to be buyers, so its along the same guidelines that I have been thinking about.

DangerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:50 PM
SlowFreshOil*

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyah83 View Post
I guess I'm in the minority, I thought KLowe's thoughts were well played out. He isn't going to come out and say that this team is going to tank, but he knows that the FFH is well within reason and a definite possibility. He also acknowledged that this team is going to be buyers, so its along the same guidelines that I have been thinking about.
For sure, but you don't come out and tell the fans they need to cheer louder. That was a stupid response.

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:51 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:

of course it is the fans fault=== never the players fault, certainly not the gm's fault and of course lowe is in the free

the fans are the ones getting millions of dollars a year to skate around on ice rinks all over the world, it is the fans fault that the players arent scoring---the players are these poor under feed creatures that live the forest that do harm-- it is not like a bunch of them live the high life, eat at fancy places and drink expensive champagne--the fane do--not the players

it is about accountability and lowe is right--the fans are to blame for the crappy play on the ice

the last thing Kclown will admitt is that he built a bad team, over paid people that would be on the fourth line on other teams

blame the fans--it always works out in the end

Old
01-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Everest

Quote:
I agree, we were told the samething last year and then in the off-season promised a good season. Not that I am complaining about how things are going, but you lie to us and expect us to cheer our butts off for one of the worse teams in the league?

I'm telling you it is all alcohol related. The weekend games people are louder and the liquor lines are longer. Maybe they need to drop liquor prices and noise volume will go up.
They could do that. I think Lowe should be in the crowd, doing his own cheering, if he wants the building to be louder.

Everest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:54 PM
DangerMan
@danlizee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowFreshOil View Post
For sure, but you don't come out and tell the fans they need to cheer louder. That was a stupid response.
For sure that was a backhanded, dumb comment. He needs to realize that most of his aren't 8 years old and watch Barney all day. But for the first time, in a long time I feel like he has some foresight.

Old
01-04-2010, 03:56 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
of course it is the fans fault=== never the players fault, certainly not the gm's fault and of course lowe is in the free

the fans are the ones getting millions of dollars a year to skate around on ice rinks all over the world, it is the fans fault that the players arent scoring---the players are these poor under feed creatures that live the forest that do harm-- it is not like a bunch of them live the high life, eat at fancy places and drink expensive champagne--the fane do--not the players

it is about accountability and lowe is right--the fans are to blame for the crappy play on the ice

the last thing Kclown will admitt is that he built a bad team, over paid people that would be on the fourth line on other teams

Well the fans should be louder, but really that shouldn't be a concern for Lowe or the players. What the hell are they going to do the other 41 games away from Rexall?

John Short was pretty accurate with his article about how the vets threw the coaching staff under the bus and now it is time for them to take all the blame.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Oilers View Post
Lowe said he would see in the next 20 games what happens. If it becomes evident that they are too far out of the playoff race, they will try to go in the rebuild mode (not exact words) but otherwise, they will not trade they're picks for emergency help (aka. Kotalik last year) so they aren't gonna do anything stupid.
Impossible.

Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 04:01 PM
DangerMan
@danlizee

Quote:
Well the fans should be louder, but really that shouldn't be a concern for Lowe or the players. What the hell are they going to do the other 41 games away from Rexall?

John Short was pretty accurate with his article about how the vets threw the coaching staff under the bus and now it is time for them to take all the blame.
He does deserve kudos for this. I thought it the time as well, but wanted a longer look, mostly because we can't replace Moreau right now, but now for me, it doesn't matter, its just time for him to go. I like Staois' heart and determination, but we're not winning anything now, he is diminshing returns, if our team is going to be bad, we my as well figure out which young players can play. Horcoff is untradable, all we can do is and pray he can pull a Penner.

Old
01-04-2010, 04:03 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:

the ones that need to get tossed under the bus make too much money and the oilers are stuck with them--

trading Ethen or sending him down is easy

but the top end guys are almost impossible to move

Old
01-04-2010, 04:07 PM
oiler-dude

There's videos on the Oilers site where Eberle talks about the proposition of playing with Hall, and they've got an interview with Hall even. I think they know they're going to suck.

oiler-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 04:10 PM
OILW30

Is there a link to the Lowe interview?

OILW30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Oiler Crude
3rd rate fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post

Me thinks thou art pissed off?

Oiler Crude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiler-dude View Post
There's videos on the Oilers site where Eberle talks about the proposition of playing with Hall, and they've got an interview with Hall even. I think they know they're going to suck.
That's kinda funny actually. They're not even trying to hide the obvious.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote