HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kevin Lowe on Oilers Lunch Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-04-2010, 06:23 PM
  #76
Fiddie
Registered User
 
Fiddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
If anyone supports their team it is the oilers fans. The team has had one decent run in a long time and terrible drafting/signings and this blame can all be laid at the feet of the management. If it was nashville or phoenix he might have a leg to stand on but his comments are downright laughable the way he has sewered the team.

That is a misnomer.

Fiddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 06:32 PM
  #77
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddie View Post
That is a misnomer.
I figured this would be disputed, I wanted to exclude the last 3 years or so. Before that the oilers have had a dismal time drafting anyone.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 06:42 PM
  #78
Beerfish
Registered User
 
Beerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowFreshOil View Post
Let's hope he sticks to that mindset.
6 months after he tried to trade Smid, Cogs and penner for Heatley. Oilers management is Bi-polar with no real plan. They plan on according to how the team has done after each 20 games.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 06:49 PM
  #79
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowstorm View Post
remember when people liked Kevin Lowe?
That all went out the window when Lowe tendered the OS. I don't understand all this Lowe hatred. It's going overboard already.

__________________
"He just ate up Robyn Regehr for dinner, a spectacular play by Hemsky, and Robyn Regehr has got doo doo all over his face" - Rod Phillips call on Hemsky's goal vs the Flames
Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 06:49 PM
  #80
Heavy Dee
Registered User
 
Heavy Dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
6 months after he tried to trade Smid, Cogs and penner for Heatley. Oilers management is Bi-polar with no real plan. They plan on according to how the team has done after each 20 games.



its Lowe's m.o. \not sure what Tambellini's is tho.

Heavy Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 06:55 PM
  #81
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet View Post
I swear to God this board gets crazier every day.

Didn't anyone actually listen to the entire interview before commenting on it?

Lowe was primarily on there to talk about the Olympics and WJC. Stauffer also threw some questions at him about the Oilers. No matter what he says or what the players do, you guys are just not going to be happy. Why torture yourselves?
The Lowe hatred on here is going overboard.

Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 06:58 PM
  #82
frag2
Registered User
 
frag2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
That all went out the window when Lowe tendered the OS. I don't understand all this Lowe hatred. It's going overboard already.
I don't really care much about the OS, it's his inactivity and blank promises that piss me off. Seems like that facet of GM'ing from Lowe has rubbed onto Tambo now as well.

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 07:00 PM
  #83
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oiler-dude View Post
There's videos on the Oilers site where Eberle talks about the proposition of playing with Hall, and they've got an interview with Hall even. I think they know they're going to suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
That's kinda funny actually. They're not even trying to hide the obvious.
Let's hope so, because that's what most of us truly want, an elite talent like Hall.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 07:04 PM
  #84
ThePresent83
Registered User
 
ThePresent83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sherwood Park
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,854
vCash: 500
I actually do wish the crowds at the oilers games were a bit better....

its like a ghost town in there for most of the game. Now i know everyone wants the Oilers to give them a reason to cheer.. which is understandable... the team is pretty aweful right now. But when its so hard to get tickets now a days you think there would be some general excitment just to be at the game.

I find it much more enjoyable to sit in the nosebleeds with people who feel lucky to be their and cheer their drunken lungs out. When i sit lower bowl... a shout of "Lets go Oiler!" might get you a funny look from the guy beside you...

sweeeeeet

ThePresent83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 07:06 PM
  #85
SlowFreshOil*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
The Lowe hatred on here is going overboard.
I don't hate Lowe. However, I'm not happy with his last two seasons as GM and how he completely screwed this organization over.

This isn't about that though. For me it's about his attitude that everything's OK, when clearly it isn't. It's not OK with the Oilers, it's not OK with Springfield, and it's not getting any better with the Oil Kings. He's the President of Hockey Operations for Christ's sake.

Maybe he should have turned down the Team Canada gig and concentrated on his day job.

I thank him for his service, but it's seriously time for Lowe to leave this organization. That's the kind of change this team needs.

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 07:08 PM
  #86
SlowFreshOil*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePresent83 View Post
I actually do wish the crowds at the oilers games were a bit better....

its like a ghost town in there for most of the game. Now i know everyone wants the Oilers to give them a reason to cheer.. which is understandable... the team is pretty aweful right now. But when its so hard to get tickets now a days you think there would be some general excitment just to be at the game.

I find it much more enjoyable to sit in the nosebleeds with people who feel lucky to be their and cheer their drunken lungs out. When i sit lower bowl... a shout of "Lets go Oiler!" might get you a funny look from the guy beside you...

sweeeeeet
Have you ever cheered when witnessing a car wreck?

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 07:15 PM
  #87
ThePresent83
Registered User
 
ThePresent83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sherwood Park
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowFreshOil View Post
Have you ever cheered when witnessing a car wreck?
cute.

i cheer at oilers games because i enjoy oilers games, i dont get to go to very many.
i get enjoyment out of watching live hockey, its too bad you dont

ThePresent83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 07:29 PM
  #88
SlowFreshOil*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePresent83 View Post
cute.

i cheer at oilers games because i enjoy oilers games, i dont get to go to very many.
i get enjoyment out of watching live hockey, its too bad you dont
I've been going to games since '76. I cheered loud an proud through the 90's (probably the darkest time to be an Oilers fan). Do you want to know what the difference is between those brutal teams in the 90's and this sad sack? Heart and effort. When I see those, I'll cheer louder. I still cheer at the games, but I'm not going to go overboard for nothing. Especially when it seems like we, the fans, get little in return from the players playing in front of us.

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 07:41 PM
  #89
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,272
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
6 months after he tried to trade Smid, Cogs and penner for Heatley. Oilers management is Bi-polar with no real plan. They plan on according to how the team has done after each 20 games.
That is it in a nutshell really.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 07:49 PM
  #90
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusher View Post
I've been suspicious of this exact thing for over a month now. I'm convinced they've been padding the ticket numbers.
Not sure about that. Seasons tickets are waitlisted and there are lotteries for minipacs. Doesn't sound like a need to pad numbers.

Theres approximately 250 unsold tickets/game that usually are onsale. On actual game days theres around a 100 unsold tickets swept up and with them being molson half price single seat sales.

Its easy to see now whats happening to ticket sales and this is as full disclosure as it gets: You can see itemized individual seats for sale. For instance just over 100 seats available for tomorrow nights dog of a game.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/110...4&minorcatid=9

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 08:42 PM
  #91
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
That is it in a nutshell really.
Yup, that is why we have this cluster**** of a club. Pick a direction and stick to it ffs!

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 08:54 PM
  #92
Hockey Fan #751
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Not sure about that. Seasons tickets are waitlisted and there are lotteries for minipacs. Doesn't sound like a need to pad numbers.

Theres approximately 250 unsold tickets/game that usually are onsale. On actual game days theres around a 100 unsold tickets swept up and with them being molson half price single seat sales.

Its easy to see now whats happening to ticket sales and this is as full disclosure as it gets: You can see itemized individual seats for sale. For instance just over 100 seats available for tomorrow nights dog of a game.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/110...4&minorcatid=9
They might be in trouble on Jan. 12 though. Lots of seats available - mostly in the cheap section.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/110...4&minorcatid=9

Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 09:03 PM
  #93
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan #751 View Post
They might be in trouble on Jan. 12 though. Lots of seats available - mostly in the cheap section.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/110...4&minorcatid=9
Right you are. That game must not be part of many minipacs.

Better in any case to be able to actually select tickets where you want. For what ticketmaster charges this should be done for all events and venues. not sure if they are just trying it out but I like the select seats feature instead of it spitting out "best seat"

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 09:12 PM
  #94
Fiddie
Registered User
 
Fiddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I figured this would be disputed, I wanted to exclude the last 3 years or so. Before that the oilers have had a dismal time drafting anyone.
From 1994-2006
Team # drafted NHL % Rnk NHL >200 % Rnk Total GP GP/ drafted Rnk Total Pts Pts/ drafted Rnk
Edmonton 135 50 37.0% 20 13 9.6% 24 8568 63 17 3449 26 14

Nothing special, average at best, but when the Oilers and drafting is brought up it is always about how horrible they are. That is a misnomer.

Fiddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 10:10 PM
  #95
ThePresent83
Registered User
 
ThePresent83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sherwood Park
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowFreshOil View Post
I've been going to games since '76. I cheered loud an proud through the 90's (probably the darkest time to be an Oilers fan). Do you want to know what the difference is between those brutal teams in the 90's and this sad sack? Heart and effort. When I see those, I'll cheer louder. I still cheer at the games, but I'm not going to go overboard for nothing. Especially when it seems like we, the fans, get little in return from the players playing in front of us.
Im aware that the effort this year and last year is absolutly brutal compared to the 90s... and im not saying go overboard, im saying it would be nice for their to be a bit of a buzz in the building, it generates energy for the players to. Like i said, i may just appreciate being at the games enought to get excited for... the same isnt true for you... and thats fine

ThePresent83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 10:15 PM
  #96
TowMater14
Registered User
 
TowMater14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: OIL COUNTRY
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 50
Antidepressants for everyone!!!!!!!

TowMater14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 10:25 PM
  #97
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan
 
Paralyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforce33 View Post
Antidepressants for everyone!!!!!!!
YAY CANDY!!!!

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 10:45 PM
  #98
oilers4cup
No More Koolade
 
oilers4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Last place
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,261
vCash: 50
No More Oiler Kool-aid Pleeze

Little late to the party but All I gotta say is


oilers4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 11:29 PM
  #99
Sammy*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
6 months after he tried to trade Smid, Cogs and penner for Heatley. Oilers management is Bi-polar with no real plan. They plan on according to how the team has done after each 20 games.
Were you in favor of that trade. If you (or anybody else) was, would this seasons disaster altered your plan to apparently try & compete immediatly?
Cause thats what the Oilers are likely doing, & I really dont get why the org could be crtisized for altering their plan. Many other things, but not that.

Sammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 11:30 PM
  #100
JustinCider
Registered User
 
JustinCider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,169
vCash: 500
I hope this is Lowe just being politically correct. I hope that management's actions say a completely different thing. We will know after the trade deadline passes what the team's real plan is.

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.