HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Congratulations

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2004, 11:07 PM
Natural Habs Fan

vCash: 500
I'm totally impressed at some of you Bruins fans!

Great series!

Old
04-19-2004, 11:11 PM
mcphee

Mayhem, as I said on your board there are no other boards that we can talk hockey with like you guys. It's a rivalry,sure, but at least we can discuss and have a few laughs.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:14 PM
stungun

i was dreading the last few games of the regulare season knowing we would end up meeting our dreaded northern foe.... good win, your team beat us and that is that... good luck to you in the next round.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:15 PM
Guy!

It's all downhill from here, Wally. I think you knew, as well as we did, that this series was the cream of the '04 crop and anything else, short of a Cup win, is anti-climactic. Your class is much appreciated and speaks highly (as usual) of Bruins fans.

I'd say there's plenty of room on the bandwagon, but I have a feeling that you'd rather amputate your leg than join us here so, in that vein, I can only hope that the B's come back better than ever next season. I really thought they had what it took to make it to the final four.

A (Somewhat Less Than) Concerned Fan

Old
04-19-2004, 11:17 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
We were beat fair and square.

The Habs fought back all series long and deserved to be victors.

Good Luck against Tampa.
Fun series to watch.. as it should be, and thanks for the sportsmanship.

Question:

Watching the game, I felt the ice conditions took away several Boston scoring chances. It was impossible to hold the puck in the offensive zone, for the Bruins, because of the poor ice.

Has this been a problem all year, and has management made any statement over these poor conditions?

Old
04-19-2004, 11:26 PM
Mayhem

Send a message via AIM to Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Fun series to watch.. as it should be, and thanks for the sportsmanship.

Question:

Watching the game, I felt the ice conditions took away several Boston scoring chances. It was impossible to hold the puck in the offensive zone, for the Bruins, because of the poor ice.

Has this been a problem all year, and has management made any statement over these poor conditions?
This was the first time I really noticed the bad ice conditions. Just conjecture here but I am guessing it has something to do with the cumulative effects of having the Frozen Four, The Bruins playoffs, the Celtics playoffs, and most of all the drastic change in temperature these last two days(it went from around 50 degrees to around 80 degrees). I'd imagine the building needs more than a couple days to adjust to the change in temperature.

Old
04-20-2004, 12:02 AM
Mackee

Many thanks to the comments of Gee Wally and the rest of the B's fans in this thread, they are very much appreciated. Was a great series, and has indeed renewed this great rivalry.

Old
04-20-2004, 12:23 AM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Thanks Wally. HFBoards wouldn't be half as good without you.

Old
04-20-2004, 12:49 AM
stungun

"Watching the game, I felt the ice conditions took away several Boston scoring chances. It was impossible to hold the puck in the offensive zone, for the Bruins, because of the poor ice.Has this been a problem all year, and has management made any statement over these poor conditions?"

thanx for asking and yes management has blamed the bad ice on the fact that jeremy jacobs was more concerned about making money on the circus and a milli vanilli concert than his "playoff ready" team. on a side note good luck in the 2nd round.

Old
04-20-2004, 06:29 AM
Mike The Wall

Thanks to the Bruins and Habs for providing us the fans one of the best series to watch in a very long time. The knowlagable Bruins fans always fun to discuss hockey with you guys.

Old
04-20-2004, 07:46 AM
Wgrandall

Also wanted to pass along a "great job" to Montreal.

We were outplayed and outcoached, and if not for Raycroft this series should have been over very early.

You played with much more heart and deserve, very much deserve, to move on to the second round. You guys have my respect.

Although I don't post a lot, I do read a lot of these boards daily. I would also like to say thanks to the fans of Montreal on these boards for showing class during this series. Of course, a few bad apples on both sides of the fence, but for the most part everyone was very classy and nice to each other and that needs to be said. It's just a game, and these are just internet message boards in the end, after all.

Good luck on the next round, but not TOO much luck

Old
04-20-2004, 08:28 AM
PrairieHabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
This thread reads like the HFBoards version of the teams shaking hands at centre ice after the game.

Very true. Good point. A lot of class is being shown by the Bruins fans.

Old
04-20-2004, 08:32 AM
Darz

A big thanks to you Bruins fan for the show of class (Gee Wally had been the HF definition of class for years now!! You DA man!).

It really nice to have a rivarly, when after it is all over, we can put our differences aside and shake hands.

Good job guys!!

Old
04-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Legolas

Definitely think the quality of the ice affected both teams. It had to be obvious because even Glenn Healy remarked about it!

Great series and although it must hurt now, Bruins had a great season and still have a good young team going forward. Everyone knew the East was wide open this year. The quality of hockey is fantastic this year. Try and follow the rest of the playoffs...this may be the last hockey we see for a while.

Old
04-20-2004, 12:02 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgrandall
I would also like to say thanks to the fans of Montreal on these boards for showing class during this series. Of course, a few bad apples on both sides of the fence, but for the most part everyone was very classy and nice to each other and that needs to be said. It's just a game, and these are just internet message boards in the end, after all.
Yeah alot of classy Bruins fans have won my respect during this series for their great sportsmanship. Great fan base on these boards. Hating a team is one thing but I think we should all be mature enough to respect one another as hockey fans. Meh I'm starting to sound like Jesus all of a sudden. Screw you punks!

Good luck for next year.

Old
04-20-2004, 12:09 PM
mcphee

The best thing I could say about the Bruins fans over the last 2 weeks is that quite a few have joined my "people I'd like to have a beerwith" list.

Old
04-20-2004, 12:09 PM
chriss_co

Congrats to the Habs... i never expected they could do it...

Good luck in Round 2!!

Old
04-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriss_co

Good luck in Round 2!!
Could say the same thing 'bout your team.

Hope ya guys keep it going!!!!

Old
04-20-2004, 01:51 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriss_co

Good luck in Round 2!!

Now wouldn't it be sweet to see an old Stanley Cup final between the Flames and Habs ?? ~dreaming of Lanny Mac vs BG ~ hehe.

GO HABS GO!

Great class and sportsmanship Wally, thank you!

Old
04-20-2004, 01:52 PM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
We were beat fair and square.

The Habs fought back all series long and deserved to be victors.

Good Luck against Tampa.
Thanks Gee!

Old
04-20-2004, 05:09 PM
BLONG7

Bruins fans led by Gee Wally, a very classy bunch... more than we can say for some other fans... Thanks guys!

Old
04-20-2004, 06:34 PM
habs_24x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
Bruins fans led by Gee Wally, a very classy bunch... more than we can say for some other fans... Thanks guys!

i thought Neelynugs would be here congratulating us also?

Old
04-20-2004, 06:42 PM
Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
The best thing I could say about the Bruins fans over the last 2 weeks is that quite a few have joined my "people I'd like to have a beerwith" list.
Agreed. There's some good people out there and the Bruins seemed to have acquired a large percentage of them for fans. On behalf of McPhee, I'd like to invite all the B's fans to his place to have a beer on him and check out his goats. (I'd invite them up here to me but I'm farther and I have no wildlife worthy of showing except the odd bewildered Sens fan).

Plus, if I invite everyone there it means I have an excuse to go and check out his goats...hubba hubba.

ACF

Old
04-20-2004, 07:39 PM
theo6060

I'm very impressed with the class in this thread. I know that I would have been real choked if we had lost, but all in all it was an unpredictable and most all entertaining series. Perhaps we'll meet again soon, one thing is certain, we these teams do meet, it is some of the best hockey of the playoffs.

Old
04-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Perry91502

I also want to extend congratulations to the Habs...It was a hard fought series, and your boys just plain old destroyed the Bruins, and beat us fair and square. the refs were awful to BOTH teams in the series, many calls on the Habs AND the Bruins that went uncalled, but again, it is Playoff hockey!

Goodluck against Tampa Bay though, that will be a fun one to watch

See ya nexy year boys!

-Perry

Closed Thread