HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anaheim - Buffalo

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-04-2010, 06:59 PM
  #1
gearharb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA!!!
Country: United States
Posts: 122
vCash: 500
Anaheim - Buffalo

To BUF:

Saku Koivu (3.2m)
Joffrey Lupul (4.25m)

To ANA:

Drew Stafford (1.9m)
Andrej Sekera (1.0m)
Zack Kassian
1st Round (2010)

As Anaheim falls further out of the playoff race out West, is this a trade that could realistically work at the deadline? While they would be shipping out Lupul, who has played well when healthy they would be receiving immediate help from Sekera on the back end and Stafford up front. The key to the deal is how interested are the Ducks in Kassian and the pick. Is Anaheim looking for a total rebuild or to just retool and compete with their current team in the short run?

gearharb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 07:05 PM
  #2
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearharb View Post
To BUF:

Saku Koivu (3.2m)
Joffrey Lupul (4.25m)

To ANA:

Drew Stafford (1.9m)
Andrej Sekera (1.0m)
Zack Kassian
1st Round (2010)

As Anaheim falls further out of the playoff race out West, is this a trade that could realistically work at the deadline? While they would be shipping out Lupul, who has played well when healthy they would be receiving immediate help from Sekera on the back end and Stafford up front. The key to the deal is how interested are the Ducks in Kassian and the pick. Is Anaheim looking for a total rebuild or to just retool and compete with their current team in the short run?
this deal is awful for Buffalo... absolutely awful.

I'd trade a 2nd for Koivu as a rental.

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 07:05 PM
  #3
Crowdy
Co-founder, Crowdy
 
Crowdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,638
vCash: 500

Crowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 07:12 PM
  #4
Sabreality
Registered User
 
Sabreality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,874
vCash: 500
wait.....what?

no way from Buffalo. a 2nd at most for Koivu and i wouldnt trade any one of those pieces straight up for Lupol.

Sabreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 07:34 PM
  #5
sammyp
Registered User
 
sammyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,271
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sammyp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
wait.....what?

no way from Buffalo. a 2nd at most for Koivu and i wouldnt trade any one of those pieces straight up for Lupol.
If Koivu is moved he'll fetch much more than a late 2nd -- come on.

And Lupul has been Anaheim's best forward when healthy. He's worth more than any of the pieces coming from Buffalo in the proposed deal.

Still, I don't think this is a good trade for Buffalo to make. Maybe something like Koivu for a 1st could work, but I doubt Bob Murray will start moving players anytime soon (although he probably should).

sammyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 07:35 PM
  #6
R0bert0 Lu0ng0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,465
vCash: 500
I could see Lupul and Koivu netting a 1st and Kassian.. maybe. I wouldn't make the trade if I was Buffalo.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 07:36 PM
  #7
Vipers31
Moderator
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyp View Post
If Koivu is moved he'll fetch much more than a 2nd.
I'm not sure about that, to be honest. Nik Antropov fetched a 2nd rounder and I have my doubts all great intangibles make up for the difference in production.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 07:37 PM
  #8
BeastMode2326
Registered User
 
BeastMode2326's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
this deal is awful for Buffalo... absolutely awful.

I'd trade a 2nd for Koivu as a rental.
No to mention that is way too much salary coming Buffalo's way.

BeastMode2326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 07:44 PM
  #9
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres
 
ImpressedDAHagent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 7,686
vCash: 500
lol no way.

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 07:48 PM
  #10
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
New Jersey phones in and offers...

Andrew Peters
2nd Round Pick

for:

Saku Koivu

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 07:50 PM
  #11
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid
 
pooleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 5,870
vCash: 500
Buffalo says no. You cant just dump Salaray (Lupul) for 1st round picks IMO

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 07:56 PM
  #12
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000
 
c4rcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: OC, California
Country: United States
Posts: 2,439
vCash: 500
First
Then sign dotted line
Then

c4rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 08:02 PM
  #13
Crispy Crust
Registered User
 
Crispy Crust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Land of 13 Cups
Posts: 15,478
vCash: 500
Highway robbery for Anaheim.

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 08:11 PM
  #14
GrierIsGod123
Registered User
 
GrierIsGod123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rochester
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Figures the OP is from Cheektovegas, there's something in the water in that town.

GrierIsGod123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 08:12 PM
  #15
jlr
\m/o.o\m/
 
jlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,095
vCash: 500

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 08:16 PM
  #16
Crowdy
Co-founder, Crowdy
 
Crowdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyp View Post
If Koivu is moved he'll fetch much more than a late 2nd -- come on.

And Lupul has been Anaheim's best forward when healthy. He's worth more than any of the pieces coming from Buffalo in the proposed deal.

Still, I don't think this is a good trade for Buffalo to make. Maybe something like Koivu for a 1st could work, but I doubt Bob Murray will start moving players anytime soon (although he probably should).
- Lupul has not been Anaheim's best forward when healthy. Getzlaf, Perry, and Ryan are all ahead of him and you could make an argument for Koivu.

- Koivu will not fetch more than a 2nd round pick.

Crowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 08:18 PM
  #17
sammyp
Registered User
 
sammyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,271
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sammyp
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
Buffalo says no. You cant just dump Salaray (Lupul) for 1st round picks IMO
Who is this "Salaray" character you speak of?

sammyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 08:26 PM
  #18
sammyp
Registered User
 
sammyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,271
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sammyp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
- Lupul has not been Anaheim's best forward when healthy. Getzlaf, Perry, and Ryan are all ahead of him and you could make an argument for Koivu.
Perry was phenomenal in the early going but he has been absolutely invisible without Getzlaf centering him.

Getzlaf has looked flat for most of the season. He finally started puting the puck on net a few weeks ago, but I don't think he's been all that impressive. He certainly hasn't carried this team like he has in past years.

I'll admit that Ryan probably has been Anaheim's best forward to date. BUT, as far as all-around game goes, I'll take Lupul. He has improved so much since his last stint with the Ducks and I just love his work ethic out on the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
- Koivu will not fetch more than a 2nd round pick.
Bull.

You say that Koivu has been better than Lupul and you rate him as Anaheim's fourth best forward, but he wouldn't net more than a late second round pick in a trade? Yeah, okay.

sammyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 08:44 PM
  #19
Vipers31
Moderator
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyp View Post
Bull.

You say that Koivu has been better than Lupul and you rate him as Anaheim's fourth best forward, but he wouldn't net more than a late second round pick in a trade? Yeah, okay.


Being the fourth best forward on a bad team doesn't magically increase your value to a first rounder.

Neither Lupul nor Koivu are worth a 1st round pick right now. There's nothing to suggest otherwise.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 08:47 PM
  #20
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000
 
c4rcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: OC, California
Country: United States
Posts: 2,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post


Being the fourth best forward on a bad team doesn't magically increase your value to a first rounder.

Neither Lupul nor Koivu are worth a 1st round pick right now. There's nothing to suggest otherwise.
Koivu has like 18 points in his last 25 games or something close to that. Most likely a late 1st. I could see a Chicago trade happening with Versteeg/Barker/picks.

c4rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 08:48 PM
  #21
quesosauce
Registered User
 
quesosauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 2,949
vCash: 500

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 08:51 PM
  #22
sammyp
Registered User
 
sammyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,271
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sammyp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post


Being the fourth best forward on a bad team doesn't magically increase your value to a first rounder.

Neither Lupul nor Koivu are worth a 1st round pick right now. There's nothing to suggest otherwise.
Do you actually watch any Ducks games? I'm not sure what kind of players you think Lupul and Koivu have been for the Ducks this year, but they have been very impressive. The only thing that has hurt Lupul is his injury problems (no pun intended). Koivu started off slow and seemed to just be snake-bit on a number of occasions, but he's been phenomenal as of late.

sammyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 08:51 PM
  #23
Vipers31
Moderator
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
Koivu has like 25 points in his last 30 games or something close to that.
He has 23 (8 goals) in 37 and is a 35 year old UFA after the year. That is not getting you a 1st round pick. That might have worked a couple of years back, but not any more.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 08:55 PM
  #24
Tyler Myers
Registered User
 
Tyler Myers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
Koivu has like 18 points in his last 25 games or something close to that. Most likely a late 1st. I could see a Chicago trade happening with Versteeg/Barker/picks.
those numbers are not worth a 1st rounder

Tyler Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 08:56 PM
  #25
Vipers31
Moderator
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyp View Post
Do you actually watch any Ducks games? I'm not sure what kind of players you think Lupul and Koivu have been for the Ducks this year, but they have been very impressive. The only thing that has hurt Lupul is his injury problems (no pun intended). Koivu started off slow and seemed to just be snake-bit on a number of occasions, but he's been phenomenal as of late.
Yes, I have actually watched many Ducks games. I'm not saying they are playing badly at all. But playing well for a while doesn't alter trade value so quickly and so dramatically. I have absolutely no problem with their performances and therefore am not keen to see them in a trade.

I am just voicing my opinion that your expectations of a return are unrealistic.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.