HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Newb need help picking out final gear

Old
01-07-2010, 07:38 AM
Johan Santana

vCash: 500
Newb need help picking out final gear

So I have gotten everything else setup, pads, pants, sticks, skates sorted out. Everything fits pretty well and now I just need a few more things to hit stick&puck.

Bag, Socks, Jock/atheltic shorts, and a practice jersey.

here is what I have in mind right now:
Bag:
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/mission-...eam-carry.html

Jock (I am guessing this INCLUDES the Cup?):
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/itech-ho...-short-sr.html

Socks:
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/ccmsolcolhoc1.html

Jersey:
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/ccmpracjer.html

What do most people get interms of Socks of Jerseys? Just one color or like two-tones? Thanks Guys!

Johan Santana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 07:36 PM
SouthpawTRK

Everything that you have listed will definitely work if you are looking to get some gear for good prices. The only things that I will add to your list (just options) are the following:

Jersey: You might want to get a white one and a black one. This will make it easier if you decide that you want to play pick up. If you want to get two tone jerseys, it's up to you.

Bag: Some players will prefer gear bags that have wheels. Makes it easier to transport your gear; but it's all a personal preference.

One thing that you might want to stock up on are pucks. Sometimes I'll go to my local stick/puck sessions and no one will bring any pucks. Or sometimes there will be like 10 players and one person might have 1 or 2 pucks; just make sure you collect your pucks at the end of the session.

SouthpawTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Johan Santana

thanks alot man, i'll definitely have to get the two jerseys, i totally overlooked that haha.

I was also wondering if not having a should-strap on a hockey-bag is a significant problem? Thanks

Johan Santana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 08:52 PM
SouthpawTRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan Santana View Post
thanks alot man, i'll definitely have to get the two jerseys, i totally overlooked that haha.

I was also wondering if not having a should-strap on a hockey-bag is a significant problem? Thanks
I'm glad that I was able to help out a bit To me we should all strive to help out each other being HF members; to me it's like a big family.

I would say not having a shoulder strap on an equipment bag, may be a bit cumbersome, but I would not say that it's a deal breaker. You could also check out sites like HockeyGiant or Icewarehouse for good deals.

Last edited by SouthpawTRK: 01-07-2010 at 10:48 PM.
SouthpawTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Nigelbilt
#SavetheGoons

vCash: 164
Im not saying you should or should not get a wheelie bag. BUT alot of dudes think that unless you are a child/girl/goalie there should be no wheels on your bag.

People do get chirped for it, just giving you a heads up.

Once again i am in no way saying you should or should not get a wheelie bag.

Nigelbilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 10:01 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 450
If you do decide to carry your bag, a shoulder strap is a very nice thing to have if the handle loops are small. If they're large, you can hold them together and use them as a strap.

As for jerseys and socks, a black and white is best for jerseys. Stay away from yellow or gray. A lot of people have them so they can use them as dark or light, but doing that pisses people off. Don't.

Socks, solids work, but patterns look better IMO. Get ones you like the look of if you aren't on a team yet.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Nigelbilt
#SavetheGoons

vCash: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
If you do decide to carry your bag, a shoulder strap is a very nice thing to have if the handle loops are small. If they're large, you can hold them together and use them as a strap.

As for jerseys and socks, a black and white is best for jerseys. Stay away from yellow or gray. A lot of people have them so they can use them as dark or light, but doing that pisses people off. Don't.

Socks, solids work, but patterns look better IMO. Get ones you like the look of if you aren't on a team yet.
Around my area, it is usually white v colours, but red is considered white. Yellow just confuses everyone.

Nigelbilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 11:26 PM
CuteHockeyBunny

Yea. Red can be either or.

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote