Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

If & when there is hockey again

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2004, 09:45 PM
drubaca

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to drubaca Send a message via AIM to drubaca Send a message via MSN to drubaca
If & when there is hockey again

Who do you see not wearing a Bruins jersey in the next season. Here's my list.

Murray - gone
Rolston - gone
McGillis - gone
Axellson - tough call(but not for some on this board)
Potvin - not really sure, will make a good safety net if Raycroft has the typical 'sophmore slump' & if Hannu isn't ready for the NHL yet.
Thornton - verdict is still out. I need to know what his injury is, but he is still one of the best regular season players in the NHL. Keeping the 700lb line intact for 6 games didn't help him either.

Needless to say, I am EXTREMELY disappointed in the team as a whole. I expected 3rd round in the playoffs with this bunch, yet here I am typing this post. I never gave up hope until the puck landed in the empty net. I think this might rank in the top 5 of the most disappointing Bruins moments in my life.

Old
04-19-2004, 09:55 PM
mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by drubaca
Thornton - verdict is still out. I need to know what his injury is,
Corey Masse was talking to Sullivan after the game, and came right out and asked what the injury was. No surprise, it was his ribs.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Bruinaholic

Send a message via AIM to Bruinaholic
What about Green,Zamuner,Moran,O'donnel,Nylander,DOnato,Slegr ,Zamuner?
I say we keep Mcgillis over O'donnel,Tired Ted is nice 4th line Center,Green could be our #3 center depending on if Boyes is ready....hopefully 1 of Jurcina,Stuart,ALberts can take O'donnels spot.
Depending on the CBA id try and keep ROlston and put him in Knubles spot on 1st line LW.
Sign Nylander to a 3 year deal.
SIgn Mcgillis to a 2 year deal at a lower rate then his current 3$
sign Potvin for 1 year to give TOivunnan 1 whole year to start in P-town.
sign Green to 1 year deal.
re-sign Axellson for 2 years.
re-sign GOnchar for 2 years
The toughest call IMO is Murray, is 30-35 regular season goals worth big $'s, he is so 1 dimensional its not even funny.
id like to see who else we can put on Joes Right side.
Let Slegr,O'donnel,Zamuner,Knuble,Moran walk
My Lineup if there is a season next year

ROlston-Thronton-Murray/someone else
Samsonov-Nylander-BErgeron
Axellson-Boyes/Green-LApointe
Enforcer-DOnato-HIlbert

Gonchar-?
Boynton-Gill
Mcgillis-Stuart/Alberts/Jurcian
Girard or Delmore as 7th Dmen
wait n see on Samuellson,Jonnson

Old
04-19-2004, 10:12 PM
BruinsCupNow

I don't see any chance of Thornton going anywhere. Yes, this should have been his year. But given his injury...there's no way management can conclude that he'll never be the leader they want him to be (even though that may be the right conclusion).

My list of those who are gone:

Rolston
Murray
McGillis
Slegr

and I have a feeling that Gill and Axelsson could be traded.

As for Potvin...I think it's his call whether he comes back. Depends on whether he can stomach being backup again.

A LOT of tough signings, though....O'Connell has his work cut out for him...whatever the new labour agreement brings.

Oh well....one night to say :mad: and then a lot of days to build up the belief that next season's team will win the Cup!

--BCN

Old
04-19-2004, 10:20 PM
HockeyGoddess

Rolston, McGillis, Murray, Zamuner, Moran, MacDonald, Grosek... buh-bye.

Keep Gonchar, Nylander, Donato, Green, Samsonov, Axelsson, Thornton, Raycroft, Boynton, Donato, Hilbert, Doull...

The rest I either don't care about one way or the other, or am still too pissed off to think of who I've left out.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
04-19-2004, 10:21 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
too early for me to think about...

I find that when I'm revved up , I make poor decisions...

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
04-19-2004, 10:27 PM
THORNTON19

If they get rid of Gill I'll die a happy man.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:28 PM
Rumpy

I agree with HG's list exactly with the exception of Murray....I really think Murray loves it here and will stay here for less $$$$ depends on how low he is willing to go ....maybe 4.5-5.0...... at 4 something I'd definately think about keeping him.... Gonchar is going to be the toughest sign hopefully he goes arbitration and gets 5.5-6.0 but that is wishful thinking.....Rumpy

Old
04-19-2004, 10:31 PM
Duguay

Rolston can not come back and play for this team. End of story.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:33 PM
JimmyV

Send a message via AIM to JimmyV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
too early for me to think about...

I find that when I'm revved up , I make poor decisions...
I know they had 104 points, but doesn't seem like it was a long season?

Many of you are as bad as me, you watch everygame and watch it as though it is the 7th game of a playoff series....then a 7th game comes along and we can't even breathe. But, I'm devistated, absolutely heart-broken over this defeat....I'm gonna take a couple of days off as a Bruins fan, but by the weekend I'll be looking forward to the draft and the CBA getting solved.

Remeber...the day will come. I haven't seen the Bruins win a cup , BORN IN 73', but the journey will be most remembered when it happens and this was a road on the journey.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:38 PM
Black Eye

vCash:
That's the spirit JimmyV. I was lucky enough to move to Boston in 1968 when I was 7. Saw both Cups and remember them well. I am pretty surprised with the outcome this year, but there's not much point in letting it tear you apart. I have had my share of heart break with this team and it never gets easy, especially when it's the Canadiens. I'm pretty down about it and frustrated that it had to be this way, but what can we do except wait and see what happens. We'll just have to start over again in October - hopefully.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:40 PM
Bruinaholic

Send a message via AIM to Bruinaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duguay
Rolston can not come back and play for this team. End of story.
I dont expect Rolston back,but he was playing out of postion for along time....and i think he was very responsible for Zednick getting that loose puck to score the GW which is inexcuseable.
He is an awesome player,he definitly does it all(most of the time) hell be a nice fit for NYR or SJ or LAK

Old
04-19-2004, 10:41 PM
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
Rolston, McGillis, Murray, Zamuner, Moran, MacDonald, Grosek... buh-bye.

Keep Gonchar, Nylander, Donato, Green, Samsonov, Axelsson, Thornton, Raycroft, Boynton, Donato, Hilbert, Doull...

The rest I either don't care about one way or the other, or am still too pissed off to think of who I've left out.
2 things disappoint me about this series. a) I made a post about breaking up the Thornton line or putting a checking line against koivu after game 3 and Sully did very little until the end of game 6. WTF was he thinking? b) We outplayed the Habs tonight for the most part and dominated them physically. Where the hell was that effort in games 5 & 6?. Everytime someone tries to analize something there's always some smarta$$ that says 'Oh yeah-why put the blame on -fill in the blank-'. However I really believe that a rookie is what killed us and that it was'nt anyone on the ice in particular. I hope Sullivan improves better then this or he wont be coaching a contender ever again. Give the Habs credit-They wanted it more then us-we got too many floaters and between that and coaching-not good. Axe was useless, Rolston was useless, Murray, Thornton cause of injuries but still...you cant win many games when your "alleged" best arent playing that way. Rolly-heck, he lost us a game all on his very own. I hope I never see him in a Bruins Uni again-ditto Murray-score or not, without passion and defense, you're useless in the playoffs.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:43 PM
Tim O'Reilly

Rolston cost us this game with his lack of backchekcing on Zednik.

Good bye Rollie - you freakin heartless stiff! What an ABSOLUTE disgrace that he wears the same number as Wayne Cashman - a true cornerman that played with HEART!

Murray? Should have dumped him in the off season - no way he could have another year like last - again, he couldn't REALLY turn it up when we needed it. Goodbye. This time you won't be back as a Bruin.

O'Donnell is a 2nd cousin of mine. No joke, he is. I like his heart and leadership. But that is where it ends. Too slow. He made me feel like I was watching 2002 all over again. Gone

Gill? O'C needs to end this experiment already. He doesn't score. He can't play against teams that can skate, he tries to stick check ALL the time. No more. Gone.

Zaumner? Nope. He played his last for us.

I guess I could really tear apart a lot of guys but that is my list.

Man, I can't believe we lost after winning the first two and being up 3-1.

O'C we need some KILLER INSTINCT. Is there room in JJ's budget for that?

Old
04-19-2004, 10:46 PM
JimmyV

Send a message via AIM to JimmyV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye
That's the spirit JimmyV. I was lucky enough to move to Boston in 1968 when I was 7. Saw both Cups and remember them well. I am pretty surprised with the outcome this year, but there's not much point in letting it tear you apart. I have had my share of heart break with this team and it never gets easy, especially when it's the Canadiens. I'm pretty down about it and frustrated that it had to be this way, but what can we do except wait and see what happens. We'll just have to start over again in October - hopefully.
GOOD STUFF, I love hearing that you got to see those parades and remember it well....my fondiest memory when I was 10 was Brad Park's OT winner. I dream of going to a parade in Boston, with my family, friends, etc....to see a parade one day...ah!!! . I think about it often and even when I'm in the dentist chair... I got a little baby on the way...my wife is due in 2 weeks...I don't know if its gonna be a boy or girl, but maybe I'll got to the Stanley Cup Parade with my kid in a couple of years.....All we can do as fans is root w/ all our hearts....! I at least think this organization is headed in the right direction, it seems they thirst for success.... it hasn't felt that way since Oates and Moog were brought to town...better days await...I'm sure of that!!!

Old
04-19-2004, 10:47 PM
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim O'Reilly
Rolston cost us this game with his lack of backchekcing on Zednik.

Good bye Rollie - you freakin heartless stiff! What an ABSOLUTE disgrace that he wears the same number as Wayne Cashman - a true cornerman that played with HEART!

Murray? Should have dumped him in the off season - no way he could have another year like last - again, he couldn't REALLY turn it up when we needed it. Goodbye. This time you won't be back as a Bruin.

O'Donnell is a 2nd cousin of mine. No joke, he is. I like his heart and leadership. But that is where it ends. Too slow. He made me feel like I was watching 2002 all over again. Gone

Gill? O'C needs to end this experiment already. He doesn't score. He can't play against teams that can skate, he tries to stick check ALL the time. No more. Gone.

Zaumner? Nope. He played his last for us.

I guess I could really tear apart a lot of guys but that is my list.

Man, I can't believe we lost after winning the first two and being up 3-1.

O'C we need some KILLER INSTINCT. Is there room in JJ's budget for that?
Well the good news is that it's pretty obvious which guys arent willing to put it on the line now and all of them are UFA's. If MOC plays his cards right and we keep the core intact we could be ALOT better next year-if there is a year

Closed Thread