Notices

My sincerist apologies to WBC8 and Black eye

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2004, 11:09 PM
The-Godfather

vCash: 500
My sincerist apologies to WBC8 and Black eye

The only Bruins I care if I even see the next time we play hockey is Sergei Samsonov, Michael Nylander, Patrice Bergeron, Martin Lapointe and Andrew Raycroft. Any other forward I don't care if I ever see again in a Bruins uniform....Mike Sullivan I hope you are gone by the next season played....you finally did what you had to do in game seven....you should have thought about doing this three games ago.....Thornton you played a good game 1 and it appears that you at least tried in game 7 but if you had put through this effort in the games in between we would have beaten these damn canadiens. To say the least I am pissed. Joe you want to be captain thats great prove it Jaromir...I mean Joe.....to little to late....you obviously could have played better in the in between games...I know you were hurt, but you played the best you could tonight, but where were you before tonight. Sullivan...WTF took you so long....Yeay ...you finally mixed up the lines....you think you could of thought of this a few games ago? I had the faith in this team in game 7 and they played hard tonight, but don't you think we could have had this same effort before this game. I have been a Boston Bruins fan for years and I will be forever, management did their part but where were the players...yes you played good tonight but got a bad break ........don't you think you could have done this a few games ago....and as for Sullivan, if not for Raycroft keeping you in games you would have been fired along time ago!! Sorry for the venting but damn it we should have won this series and there is just no excuse for losing it!!
I just want to thank Wham Bam Cam 8 and Black eye for the continued positive posts, and I hope that I can stay as positive as you guys.....but right now I am just pissed....I watched 80 of the 82 game regular season and all of the playoff games....and to see this 3-1 series turn into a loss is just unacceptable.
Peace and love to all you Bruins fans...we deserved better, but this time it wasn't managements fault.......Michael O'Connell please resign Michael Nylander...and to all you Boston Bruins fans God Bless us all!!
Sincerely,
Michael

Old
04-19-2004, 11:38 PM
Duguay

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Irish Godfather
The only Bruins I care if I even see the next time we play hockey is Sergei Samsonov, Michael Nylander, Patrice Bergeron, Martin Lapointe and Andrew Raycroft. Any other forward I don't care if I ever see again in a Bruins uniform....Mike Sullivan I hope you are gone by the next season played....you finally did what you had to do in game seven....you should have thought about doing this three games ago.....Thornton you played a good game 1 and it appears that you at least tried in game 7 but if you had put through this effort in the games in between we would have beaten these damn canadiens. To say the least I am pissed. Joe you want to be captain thats great prove it Jaromir...I mean Joe.....to little to late....you obviously could have played better in the in between games...I know you were hurt, but you played the best you could tonight, but where were you before tonight. Sullivan...WTF took you so long....Yeay ...you finally mixed up the lines....you think you could of thought of this a few games ago? I had the faith in this team in game 7 and they played hard tonight, but don't you think we could have had this same effort before this game. I have been a Boston Bruins fan for years and I will be forever, management did their part but where were the players...yes you played good tonight but got a bad break ........don't you think you could have done this a few games ago....and as for Sullivan, if not for Raycroft keeping you in games you would have been fired along time ago!! Sorry for the venting but damn it we should have won this series and there is just no excuse for losing it!!
I just want to thank Wham Bam Cam 8 and Black eye for the continued positive posts, and I hope that I can stay as positive as you guys.....but right now I am just pissed....I watched 80 of the 82 game regular season and all of the playoff games....and to see this 3-1 series turn into a loss is just unacceptable.
Peace and love to all you Bruins fans...we deserved better, but this time it wasn't managements fault.......Michael O'Connell please resign Michael Nylander...and to all you Boston Bruins fans God Bless us all!!
Sincerely,
Michael

Joe played so very hurt, that I think it would be unfair to chastise him too, too much. He shouldn't have been playing, period. We needed another Center to step up, and beyond Nylander - it didn't happen. Lay the blame there.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:43 PM
Black Eye

vCash:
It's one of those things now where you can't change peoples' minds. Some people look at Joe and see a guy playing through pain, one of the best young players in the league, and an untradeable cornerstone of this team for years to come. Other people see an happy go lucky underachiever who does not come through in the clutch. They see Drew Bledsoe and they want Tom Brady. The problem is, no one is going to change their minds until Joe gets it done at crunch time. He frustrates me, but in this series I see extenuating circumstances. After the emotions fade, I can't imagine a trade or different player scenario that would be worth parting with Joe. Give me Luongo and Jokinen, okay - but that's not ever happening. The challenge of proving he is as good as his potential and as his supporters believe remains in Joe's hands and the delivery of that proof is unfortunately still in the future.

Old
04-20-2004, 08:22 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
IG,

No apologies necessary. I'm still to numb to really read the board, but you have every right to feel the way you do.

Old
04-20-2004, 09:16 AM
Perry91502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duguay
Joe played so very hurt, that I think it would be unfair to chastise him too, too much. He shouldn't have been playing, period. We needed another Center to step up, and beyond Nylander - it didn't happen. Lay the blame there.
I agree, Im sick of people crapping on Thornton. The guy played with torn rib muscles...If this is the regular season, he doesnt play at all. He sucked it up like a captain should...get off his back. Without him on this team this year, we dont make the PO...

Old
04-20-2004, 12:45 PM
Stock Rocks

According to a valued source- it was worse than torn "rib muscles"

But that's neither here nor there. The Bruins lost. End of story.

And I'm very sad about it.

Old
04-20-2004, 12:45 PM
The-Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry91502
I agree, Im sick of people crapping on Thornton. The guy played with torn rib muscles...If this is the regular season, he doesnt play at all. He sucked it up like a captain should...get off his back. Without him on this team this year, we dont make the PO...
Okay...it's the next day and the sun did come up. I had a few in me when I posted last night and the emotion level was very high. I have reread my post and I must say I agree with most of it still. The part that was more emotion than logic was the part about Joe. Joe does frustrate me, and I still believe he needs to play a more consistent game.....but as people have pointed out there were extenuating circumstances...Joe was hurt .....and in an article I just read he said he gave 110%.....so apparently I was a little hard on him.....he still has a lot to prove but its hard to chastize a guy who played with an injury that had sidelined other players for a much longer time. So I admit I was wrong about Joe in this series...I do however stand by the rest of my post, and I still believe if Joe is going to be our guy of the future then he needs a coach who can properly motivate him....I'm not talking about this seies in the playoffs as I give him a pass on that but you could see the inconsistencies in the regular season.

Closed Thread