Notices

To B's fans

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2004, 10:12 PM
tnq

vCash: 500
To B's fans

Your team was so good. Good luck for the next time.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:19 PM
HabsAddict

Hey guys, chin up!

Don’t be so down about this series. You guys have a very, very good team and you could of won it. The only thing you need is a guy or two with a lot more heart and a better coach. You have size and you have speed, in fact, you have a fairly well rounded team and with Razor, you finally have a number 1 goaltender.

Despite what some of you think of Joe, I think that he is a dominant force. Don’t diss him just because he is badly hurt and can not play to YOUR expectations. After all, most of you could not even move with his type of injury.

Only peeve….

I had a great time coming here and reading all the great posts. The only thing that I have any complaint about is the dissing of the CH. A long time ago, a military analyst wrote ”respect for the enemy and never underestimate him”. Clearly, a few measured the size of the players but not the size of their hearts.

Anyway…….

The future looks really bright for BOTH teams. We will meet again and very soon indeed. I see both our teams to get better and better until we will both fight our way and walk proudly on the Promised Land.

Regards and respect.

HabsAddict

Old
04-19-2004, 10:24 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
thanks man....good luck in sunny Florida.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
04-19-2004, 10:26 PM
HabsBaby18*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsAddict
Don’t be so down about this series. You guys have a very, very good team and you could of won it. The only thing you need is a guy or two with a lot more heart and a better coach. You have size and you have speed, in fact, you have a fairly well rounded team and with Razor, you finally have a number 1 goaltender.

Despite what some of you think of Joe, I think that he is a dominant force. Don’t diss him just because he is badly hurt and can not play to YOUR expectations. After all, most of you could not even move with his type of injury.

Only peeve….

I had a great time coming here and reading all the great posts. The only thing that I have any complaint about is the dissing of the CH. A long time ago, a military analyst wrote ”respect for the enemy and never underestimate him”. Clearly, a few measured the size of the players but not the size of their hearts.

Anyway…….

The future looks really bright for BOTH teams. We will meet again and very soon indeed. I see both our teams to get better and better until we will both fight our way and walk proudly on the Promised Land.

Regards and respect.

HabsAddict
Let's face the reality , I don't think they can have their chin up , it is a devastating loss for the bruins , I feel sorry for them because they have brought nylander and Gonchar and they loss vs a 7 place team. they have 11 UFA .. I hope that they will come back hard next year , but let's face it , if it would have been in a HABS situation , we would be DEVASTATED

As for now , you can't say to keep their chin up ! , it must be difficult for the fans , I wouldn't want fans from other team be all sympathic about a situation when I know that it doesn't make sense

Last edited by HabsBaby18: 04-19-2004 at 10:32 PM.
Old
04-19-2004, 10:27 PM
Bruinster*

Send a message via ICQ to Bruinster*
Ok you can go to your board we,ve nothing to do with your sympathy

Old
04-19-2004, 10:28 PM
maswe12

Quote:

Only peeve….

Anyway…….

Regards and respect.

HabsAddict
Thanks....But its hard to keep your chin up now. We just blew a 3-1 lead with 3 uninspired efforts (more if you count the lucky win) against a team that on paper doesnt have close to the ability that this one does. Unfortunatly you cant measure heart and desire on paper and this bruins team has none, while its probably the strong point of your habs. As for respecting the opponent, I still cant do it. I did after every other playoff loss for the past 15 yrs...but I honestly disagree with the way that many of the Habs treat the game of hockey. Its all moot now, but thats where alot of the disrespect came from and in my opinion, no respect is deserved.

Is the future bright? Maybe, but we need to give the team a major facelift, spruce up the leadership and get some new fiery coaches in. Before tonight I was very anti-joe but I thought he played great tonight and got no bounces...plus if his linemates were effective this series he should have a handful of assists. I think the biggest problem was keeping him with Murray who limited his play and to an extent held him down. Regardless, im interested to finally hear the injury report. I wish our guys, as a team, would play with the intensity of the habs. Good luck in the next round, its alot tougher when your opponent wants it as much as you.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:29 PM
mcphee

I'd like to thank the Bruin fans on the board for making this a hospitable place during the series. It's nice to talk hockey with fans with a different perception and I doubt we would have been tolerated in the same manner on any other boards. You guys personify hockey fans and are to be congratulated. Wally, if I skirted near the line sometimes, my intentions were good. Thanks again.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:33 PM
HabsAddict

To some Hab fans.

PLEASE show respect and humility in someone elses house.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Bruinster*

Please close this ****in thread, we all know all of this suddent love are pure hypocrisy.

We lost and they come here smilling at our face :mad:

Maybe i take it a lot more tougher than you because I live with that bunch of hypocrisy. I can tell you they hate us .

Old
04-19-2004, 10:41 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsBaby18
Let's face the reality , I don't think they can have their chin up , it is a devastating loss for the bruins , I feel sorry for them because they have brought nylander and Gonchar and they loss vs a 7 place team. they have 11 UFA .. I hope that they will come back hard next year , but let's face it , if it would have been in a HABS situation , we would be DEVASTATED

As for now , you can't say to keep their chin up ! , it must be difficult for the fans , I wouldn't want fans from other team be all sympathic about a situation when I know that it doesn't make sense
Are you ine of the TROLLS who invaded our board on www.bostonbruins.com ???

We have great feature with all young but experienced talent we have. And we keep our chin up.

(Hockey is only a game and entertaiment anyway.)

Old
04-19-2004, 10:44 PM
HabsBaby18*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
Are you ine of the TROLLS who invaded our board on www.bostonbruins.com ???

No , I just said that it is difficult to keep your chin up ... If you are keeping your chin up , good for you , but if I was in the same situation I would have been dissapointed , that's all , relax now , it's wasn't meant to make bruins fan mad.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:46 PM
HabsAddict

maswe12,

There uis not as much size difference as some perceive. As far as skill level, well, we are pretty close and perhaps a touch better because Kovalev has decided to play like he can. As far as coaching, a "yeller" coach will only go so far in today’s NHLPA. I think you need a smarter coach who is able to take advantage of the players abilities. What I saw tonight is a coach that kept throwing Thornton out there with a "hope and a prayer?".

As far as the Thespianism...

I am a Hab fan for over 40 years and I downright hate clowns. Many a cyber forest have lost their lives when I start railing against today’s mercenaries and heartless warriors. But, don't look at the stupid "I am shot" antics of Ribeiro, instead, look at the heart someone like Begin brought. You may not like us, and I respect that, but the Hab's walked on the Promised Land because of their heart and desire......of the Great ones....not the clowns.

Back to the Bruins…..

I know that you are down because of the loss, but you still have some tremendous assets. Thornton is an elite player. Samsenov is top quality and you have a few kids that will be great in the near future. I don’t think that one can stay upset too long.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:47 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinster
Please close this ****in thread, we all know all of this suddent love are pure hypocrisy.

We lost and they come here smilling at our face :mad:

Maybe i take it a lot more tougher than you because I live with that bunch of hypocrisy. I can tell you they hate us .

no my friend ...it is not hypocrisy ..but good sportsmanship.

I have known some of these Habs posters for years.. There is no malice in what some here say.

The loss hurts.. but we will remain sportsmen here.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:49 PM
Tim O'Reilly

Good luck with Tampa Bay.

Oh, also, congrats on having a TEAM that wanted it more. Plain and simple. You deserved it and we didn't.

Can we interst you in Murray and Rolston for, oh, say the mic the PA announcer uses?

Old
04-19-2004, 10:51 PM
velimiiro

Thanks for a great series guys, a great rivalry, and game 7, what more could you ask for?

But in the end, the habs are the better team, on paper, bruins are the better team, but we had more heart. I wish this series could go on for longer, i loved it.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:52 PM
velimiiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim O'Reilly
Good luck with Tampa Bay.

Oh, also, congrats on having a TEAM that wanted it more. Plain and simple. You deserved it and we didn't.

Can we interst you in Murray and Rolston for, oh, say the mic the PA announcer uses?
Rolston in 2002 was really good... what happened?

Old
04-19-2004, 10:52 PM
Bruinster*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
no my friend ...it is not hypocrisy ..but good sportsmanship.

I have known some of these Habs posters for years.. There is no malice in what some here say.

The loss hurts.. but we will remain sportsmen here.
I know them more than you i live with them !!! if you think they're really sincere i'm glad for you , but check on your back the dagger is right between your lung.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:54 PM
HabsAddict

One more thought....

RESPECT Thorny for playing hurt and stop dissing him. He is as much a warrior as Begin is. Don't kick your best player just because he could not fullfill your dreams. If I know anything about hockey warriors, he probably has more pain killers in him then a horse. Respect the man for what he did and the pain he is going through.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:56 PM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
We have great feature with all young but experienced talent we have. And we keep our chin up.
I agree. The Bruins have a terrific goalie in Raycroft and Bergeron is very impressive. I suspect Thornton will be even more determined next year and the Nylander-Samsonov combination is solid. It was unfortunate that Girard couldn't play.

It was a hard fought series by two evenly matched opponents. You couldn't ask for more. The B's could have easily prevailed. It was that close IMO.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:57 PM
maswe12

Quote:
maswe12,

There uis not as much size difference as some perceive. As far as skill level, well, we are pretty close and perhaps a touch better because Kovalev has decided to play like he can. As far as coaching, a "yeller" coach will only go so far in today’s NHLPA. I think you need a smarter coach who is able to take advantage of the players abilities. What I saw tonight is a coach that kept throwing Thornton out there with a "hope and a prayer?".

As far as the Thespianism...

I am a Hab fan for over 40 years and I downright hate clowns. Many a cyber forest have lost their lives when I start railing against today’s mercenaries and heartless warriors. But, don't look at the stupid "I am shot" antics of Ribeiro, instead, look at the heart someone like Begin brought. You may not like us, and I respect that, but the Hab's walked on the Promised Land because of their heart and desire......of the Great ones....not the clowns.

Back to the Bruins…..

I know that you are down because of the loss, but you still have some tremendous assets. Thornton is an elite player. Samsenov is top quality and you have a few kids that will be great in the near future. I don’t think that one can stay upset too long.
I really like Begin...it may be because I hold the Habs to higher standards than the rest of the league, but it disgusts me to see what I saw in this series with the Habs. I respect them for the heart and desire shown, but as a team i dont respect their antics. 5or 6 guys just embarrased the jersey they wore and the game they played.

As far as our talent level...its probably overated....maybe if muzz and rolston were as good as their numbers suggest or in the case of rolston, as good as his numbers usedto be, we would have the edge in talent. Coming into the series I feared Kovalev more than any other...I think, koivu aside, the rest of your forwards are decent. But they all skate hard...play hard...and they wanted it more than our guys did. I think your Dmen played really solid defense...did an awesome job of keeping our shots from bad angles...where our dmen were once again little more than pylons. I really wish we lost playing our best games...but for another year we didnt and our opponents did. I respect them for playing well...but sorry, for once, I cannot respect them as a whole.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:00 PM
Tim O'Reilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by velimiiro
Rolston in 2002 was really good... what happened?
He woke up one day and realized he had no heart. Someone told him he would have to play hard, go to the net and hit people to get one and he said no way.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:03 PM
HabsBaby18*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinster
I know them more than you i live with them !!! if you think they're really sincere i'm glad for you , but check on your back the dagger is right between your lung.

At least I'M honest ... Most of Habs fan were hating the bruins , and laughing at Thornton , even if they were not officially saying it on the boards. And now we say that Thornton was good and ect .. Stop with the hypocrisy , I am a habs fan and I would be MAD if someone from the other team were coming to the boards and say that we have had a good team and blah blah blah.

I'm with you on this one Bruinster.

I am not the one to bash the Bruins , but I am not hypocrite also ... If habs fan were really sincere , good for you , but I doubt it.

Last edited by HabsBaby18: 04-19-2004 at 11:10 PM.
Old
04-19-2004, 11:10 PM
stungun

"No , I just said that it is difficult to keep your chin up ... "

tell that to zednik, damn that kid can skate. the bruins are ripe for a george w. bush regime change i can tell you that much. the habs deserved this series hands down an unbiased " hockey fan", i love the game of hockey, and i love the bruins, no need to bow my head, this game is great and wish you luck in the next round because you won and you deserve it. keep your head up zednik you might end up meeting mclaren yet....

Old
04-19-2004, 11:47 PM
Guy!

I would like to thank the B's fans for being the best here at HFBoards. Simply put, there is no group of classier fans than those who frequent the halls of the Boston Bruins. And I'm not just here spouting off with a giant grin on my face, remember that I posted in your fan roll call that I was a B's fan as well. Yes, I'm a Hab fan first, but there's a reason that I like the B's as well, and it doesn't always have to do with the players.

I as well will say to keep your chin held high. But that's got nothing to do with what happened on the ice, it has to do with the fact that you guys are a classy and knowledgeable lot. We don't have half the intelligent discussion on the Habs board because we have about five times the trolls of anyone else here who hijack any conversation. Yes, you have your trolls like anyone does, but on the whole, the Bruins fans at this board are my favourite. (That includes you, JOHNNY V.)

I can honestly say that, not only have I learned a lot about the Bruins, but I've learned a lot about the game of hockey from this board. I've very much enjoyed coming here to discuss hockey, and for those of you who need the summer to recuperate, I look forward to seeing you in the fall. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy your playoff hockey, no matter what format it comes in.

With sincere thanks, all the best.

A Concerned Fan

Old
04-20-2004, 12:56 AM
polarslam

It was a great series and another chapter in one of the best rivalrys in pro-sprts and I'm thankful that Boston gave the Habs such a great series.

This one I won't be forgetting for some time!

Closed Thread