HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal: Dallas Edmonton

Old
01-05-2010, 01:54 PM
oilers24

vCash: 500
Proposal: Dallas Edmonton

To Dallas
Sheldon Souray

To Edm
Mark Fistric
2010 1st rd pick

oilers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 02:16 PM
nvan97

It's not a terrible deal but I don't think Dallas wants to pick up that much salary. If they are still in a dogfight for a playoff spot at the trade deadline this could happen.

nvan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 03:04 PM
TDK

Dregger was on Jason's show a while back and mentioned that the oilers may have called about Ribero.... Souray for Ribero might make more sense as their salaries are comp.

Of course this would just trade one problem and create another as we would go from two D making 5M to two centers making 5M

Maybe Columbus would be so kind as to take Horch's off our hands......

TDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 03:18 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK View Post
Dregger was on Jason's show a while back and mentioned that the oilers may have called about Ribero.... Souray for Ribero might make more sense as their salaries are comp.

Of course this would just trade one problem and create another as we would go from two D making 5M to two centers making 5M

Maybe Columbus would be so kind as to take Horch's off our hands......
I wouldn't have a problem with 2 5mil centers, but what does riberio add that we don't have in horcoff and gagner? He plays some PK, is smaller, 44% on draws. Is it really worth taking him on when he is going to bring probably 70 points or so?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Hemsky4PM

Ribeiro...Dreger or Tambo is out to lunch. Yikes.

I do like Dallas as a trading partner for one of our d though, and Fistric is the guy I would want in return.

I think this could be revisited in the summer. Souray is very tradable and his NTC expires in the off season. At 4.5M in real salary there will be more than lukewarm interest in him. Adrian Aucoin was still tradable at 4M. I could also see some interest from Dallas in one of our smurfs. They have some solid grit on their top lines with Morrow and Neal, a guy like Nilsson or O'Sullivan might be of interest.

How about:

Souray
Nilsson/O'Sullivan

for

Fistric
Dallas' 1st 2010
Dallas' 2nd 2012

Hemsky4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 03:39 PM
smithboy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post

I do like Dallas as a trading partner for one of our d though, and Fistric is the guy I would want in return.

I think this could be revisited in the summer. Souray is very tradable and his NTC expires in the off season. At 4.5M in real salary there will be more than lukewarm interest in him. Adrian Aucoin was still tradable at 4M. I could also see some interest from Dallas in one of our smurfs. They have some solid grit on their top lines with Morrow and Neal, a guy like Nilsson or O'Sullivan might be of interest.

How about:

Souray
Nilsson/O'Sullivan

for

Fistric
Dallas' 1st 2010
Dallas' 2nd 2012
If Dallas is still in the hunt at the deadline I think Souray would be be a very likely acquisition for them.

smithboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 03:46 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post

How about:

Souray
Nilsson/O'Sullivan

for

Fistric
Dallas' 1st 2010
Dallas' 2nd 2012
Problem with any of these trades is Dallas has an internal cap and right now they are spending to that. Now maybe come the deadline they are told they can spend more, but is it going to be 7mil more that will go into next year as well? Maybe they agree to take on Souray and take on an extra of 3-4mil, but I doubt they take Nillson/O'Sullivan as well.

I think just about any trade that has Dallas taking on salary would have us taking on Brunnstrom as well, and maybe us sending back one of our borderline roster players that are costing us money.

Souray
Nilsson
Jacques

Fristic
Brunstrom
1st

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 03:56 PM
vb

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers24 View Post
To Dallas
Sheldon Souray

To Edm
Mark Fistric
2010 1st rd pick
Great trade IMO. Fistric could be a good defensive dman and I would even settle for a 3rd rounder. Cap relief is also a huge win.

vb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 05:17 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
I like the OPs original trade--it is simple and it helps both teams.

But as was said--Dallas has a self imposed cap and that would be the bigger problem.

I like Fistic and what he brings to the game and I would love to add another first rounder--even though it is not a deep draft--i would like to add another young d-man to the oilers organization--if the oilers have a top 5 pick--they will be going with a fw--I am not mhappy with the look of the defense that is coming up. Some people love the young guys coming up.

But I think the oilers need to grab another d-man that has an above average chance of making the nhl

Of the starting 6 oilers d staois is 36 and souray and lubor are 33..gilbert is 27, Grebs is 25 and smid is 23---good balance if you are a playoff team--but the oilers are not a playoff team and look to be a few years away from seeing the showtime again.

in the pipeline
Peckhan
Chorney
Plante are already on the farm

Plante is in his first year of pro and need to learn the pro game. I think it is time for one of either peckham or chorney to be slipped into the number 6 spot-- I think staois couild get moved for a 3rd rounder to a team that is looking to pick up a veteran presence on the d-line. I like moving souray for Fistric and then mving Staios for a pick and putting either chorney or peckham into the 6th spot. It bring in some youth on the d-line(no longer makes smid the young guy and the lightening rode for his mistakes

How does this D look

Lubor
Grebs
Gilbert
Smid
fistric
either Peckham or chorney
Struds

it is no longer about winning now--it is about development. Peckham has been around for a few years on the and so has Chroney--it is time to slip one of them into the line up.

Any player 30 years plus should be available--one is unmoveable-no matter what hair brain trade some people come up with. The only way the oilers get rid of that one contract is if they send him down and then bring him back up on recallable waivers and someone takes him at half the his salary(which is still cheaper then buying him out--go to capgeek for the numbers)

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote