HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pick your poison - Sens/Leafs

View Poll Results: Who would you rather play in Round 2?
Maple Leafs 44 70.97%
Senators 18 29.03%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2004, 10:39 PM
Gert B Frobe

vCash: 500
Pick your poison - Sens/Leafs

I'll take the Leafs but would have preferred Boston...

Why? History says we match up better.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:48 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1433
Hopefully the Toronto-Ottawa winner will be emotionally drained after a seven game battle.

Old
04-20-2004, 12:15 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
id prefer the Leafs but i would not mind the Sens. Flyers can handle the Leafs, But beating the Sens would be equally as sweet. knocking off 2 teams who people said we could not beat in a playoff series.

Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 04-20-2004 at 01:14 AM.
Old
04-20-2004, 12:45 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
I want absolutely no part of the Ottawa Senators.

Old
04-20-2004, 01:15 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

I am not worried about the Sens at all. Do i think they can beat us? sure but i sure as hell am not afraid of them.

Old
04-20-2004, 01:25 AM
Toonces
The beer kitty

The team that scared me the most is gone, and this team beat them.

The Sens are younger and quicker, while the Leafs are older and more experenced. This squad can beat either team.

I guess I'd prefer the Leafs by a slight margin.

Old
04-20-2004, 04:44 AM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Thanks alot, Boston......now we either play the team that has knocked us out in the previous 2 playoffs (OTT), or a team that we'll most likely beat but take a severe physical beating (TOR) and have nothing left for a team that has beaten us all 4 times during the regular season (TB) in the Eastern finals.

I still think we can do it, it's just that the path got alot narrower. Stinkin' Beantown.....

Old
04-20-2004, 06:39 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeker
Thanks alot, Boston......now we either play the team that has knocked us out in the previous 2 playoffs (OTT), or a team that we'll most likely beat but take a severe physical beating (TOR) and have nothing left for a team that has beaten us all 4 times during the regular season (TB) in the Eastern finals.

I still think we can do it, it's just that the path got alot narrower. Stinkin' Beantown.....
What's up with Boston? This team always seems to choke in the playoffs. How do they blow a 3-1 lead?!!! Anyway, now it looks like we'll be stuck with the Senators (my pessimism leads me to think this). Sure, I think the Flyers can beat them, but their skill scares me. Alfredsson and Hossa will be a force.

The Leafs don't scare me as much skill-wise, but physically they scare me, in that they could give us more injuries than we already have.

Can I hate Boston for doing this to us?

Old
04-20-2004, 06:50 AM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
Quote:

It is the playoffs...Montreal could beat Tampa Bay. Plus, what happens in the regular season stays in the regular season, except for injuries. The Playoffs is a whole new game...

The Flyers, to overcome the Senators or the Leafs, depend on Johnsson's ability to play. If Hitch can't dress six NHL defenceman, it will be tough. Captain Obvious at your service.

Old
04-20-2004, 06:51 AM
MojoJojo

I dont believe the Leafs would be an easier team than the Sens at all, unless you count injuries. Belfour has been hot, and they have improved their depth both at D and O. Both matchups would be long and physical. All things being Equal, I'd rather have the sens, just for the revenge thing. Better to be the hungry team with something to prove, which works against us if we play the Leafs.

Old
04-20-2004, 07:14 AM
Flyers26

We just beat the Devils, a team we could never beat in the playoffs..
I say bring on the Sens!
We can beat this team.... remember "the harder the battle.. the sweeter the victory" !

Old
04-20-2004, 07:46 AM
Coburnfan05

I would perfer Ottawa...History means nothing b/n Philly/TO or Philly/OTT, all 3 teams have made allot of changes.

It all boils down to for me Belfour>>>>>>>Lalimie.

Old
04-20-2004, 07:47 AM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
We just beat the Devils, a team we could never beat in the playoffs..
I say bring on the Sens!
We can beat this team.... remember "the harder the battle.. the sweeter the victory" !
Agreed to be the best you have to beat the best...We've beaten NJ and a victory over Ottawa would be an emotionoal lift that I could see us riding right to the cup.

Old
04-20-2004, 07:49 AM
Cuiff

This is not good for the Flyers' chances at a cup. TB is going to have light series against Mon while we have to physically battle either Tor or Ott. This is setting up for us to get blown out by TB in the ECF.

Last edited by Cuiff: 04-20-2004 at 09:22 AM.
Old
04-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Teezax

I don't think Tampa will have it easy with the Habs, the underdog can steal another one here. Theo is getting better and better, and that crowd, if anyone is ever been in it's presence, is the most electrifying thing you will ever hear. Montreal will not go down easy. Us on the other hand will have the task of playing the winner of the battle of Ontario. Rooting for the Leafs here as they are a lot more banged up, and have injuries to key players, while if Ottawa beats the Leafs they will be riding the same emotional high we are.

Old
04-20-2004, 08:48 AM
Martin

I'd prefer if the Flyers faced the Senators in the 2nd round.

....what?

Old
04-20-2004, 08:53 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
This is not good for the Flyers' chances at a cup. TB is going to have light series agaist Mon while we have to physically battle either Tor or Ott. This is setting up for us to get blown out by TB in the ECF.
I agree with that.

Old
04-20-2004, 10:02 AM
CNote
Get 'er done

I'd want the Leafs just to have the chance to beat then again but I'd rather have the Sens because I'd be able to catch some games at the Corel Centre.

-cnote-

Go Flyers!

Old
04-20-2004, 10:13 AM
Mediator88

Send a message via ICQ to Mediator88 Send a message via AIM to Mediator88 Send a message via MSN to Mediator88 Send a message via Yahoo to Mediator88
If the Flyers can't beat the Senators or Leafs and then the Lightning or Canadiens, then they were never good enough to win the Cup to begin with.

They call the Stanley Cup playoffs the most grinding playoffs in all of sports for a reason.

I think the Flyers match up better with the Leafs than the Senators. However, both Montreal and Tampa are similar in style to the Sens. We're gonna have to see the Flyers beat a team like that at some point in order to win it all.

I say bring 'em on - no matter who they are. We'll see just how good this team really is. There's really no excuses this year. They're either good enough or not good enough. The best part is that we'll only have to wait 2 - 7 weeks to find out.

Brian

Old
04-20-2004, 10:25 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator88
If the Flyers can't beat the Senators or Leafs and then the Lightning or Canadiens, then they were never good enough to win the Cup to begin with.

They call the Stanley Cup playoffs the most grinding playoffs in all of sports for a reason.

I think the Flyers match up better with the Leafs than the Senators. However, both Montreal and Tampa are similar in style to the Sens. We're gonna have to see the Flyers beat a team like that at some point in order to win it all.

I say bring 'em on - no matter who they are. We'll see just how good this team really is. There's really no excuses this year. They're either good enough or not good enough. The best part is that we'll only have to wait 2 - 7 weeks to find out.

Brian
Well I understand the reasoning behind your post the fact remains, the Flyers would have a better chance of winning the cup if they were to face Bos. Unfortunately things did not pan out like that and the Flyers have to deal with what they got. A physical series with either Ott or Tor is going to be tough. If we make it out of the 2nd round, TB is going to be rested and ready because Mon is not as physical. If only we had gotten that number 1 seed.

Old
04-20-2004, 10:34 AM
Teezax

Overall, i think we're one of the best road teams in the league, we proved that last year, and in Jersey this year. I don't think the home ice will affect how we do against the likes of Tampa who will be the only team in the EAST that would have it against us. If we want to make the Semis, we need to play our butts off, either opponent will be tough, but our confidence right now will be key to our future success this year. The team is glowing, we're getting the goaltending, the only thing stopping us is 4 bad games in a series.

Old
04-20-2004, 11:39 AM
bennysflyers16

I don't know why everyone is so GA GA over Tampa Bay, They have not proved squat in the playoffs. They beat a bum team in 5 games, we beat the cup champs in 5 games, I think Montreal could beat them, if not, at least force a long series. I watched the whole MTL/BOS series, that team is playing awesome rigth know. As far as who we play, who cares, we will beat them both. At least all the games will be on CBC in Canada. I hope tonight is a rough game that goes into 6 ot's, and 5 injuries.

Old
04-20-2004, 11:56 AM
BruinsGirl

Quote:

Yeah...Bruins lost on purpose.

And for those who call B's chokers..I am sorry Flyers don't strike me as a team that never chokes either.

B's can compete with Flyers very well IMHO. I actually wanted to play them in the second round...but cest' la vie. Damn Habs.

Old
04-20-2004, 11:56 AM
CNote
Get 'er done

....even after last years playoff result I think I'd rather not face Belfour. If KJ can play through the pain and be productive and there are no more setbacks I really see Philly making it to the Cup Finals.

-cnote-

Old
04-20-2004, 12:50 PM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNote
....even after last years playoff result I think I'd rather not face Belfour. If KJ can play through the pain and be productive and there are no more setbacks I really see Philly making it to the Cup Finals.

-cnote-
I am not sure about that. The TB/Mon series is going to be a heck of a lot less physical than the Flyers/Tor or Ott series. Therefore the Flyers are going to limp into the ECF vs a less banged up TB team. As I stated before, this is not good

Closed Thread