HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Authentic vs. Replicas

Old
01-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Sonic Disturbance
Grandmaster User

vCash: 50
Authentic vs. Replicas

Sorry, I'm a real jersey noob and I don't know what the differences are between an authentic and a replica jersey is. What are the differences? Thanks.

Sonic Disturbance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 09:34 PM
SouthpawTRK

vCash: 500
I too am pretty new to the whole world of making a jersey purchase, but here's some of the information that I've gathered. I'm not saying that I'm an expert, so hopefully any senior members can correct me if I'm wrong.

You could get an RBK Premier jersey (replica) for about $100, whereas an RBK Authentic could cost you $200+.

The replica will usually have heat pressed logos/letters, sometimes the logos/letters graphics will be screened to make them look like the logos/letters on an authentic) made of a slightly thinner material, no fight strap and the jock tag will have a letter for the size of the jersey. It will also be most likely manufactured in a third world country if that matters to you.

The authentic will be made of a heavier material, will have embroidered logos/letters that are sewn on, the logos/letters are not screened, will have a fight strap and the jock tag will have a number (i.e. 50, 54...) that denotes the size of the jersey and I believe are made in Canada.

Some people opt for an replica (so they do not have to worry about damage) and it's a bit more cost effective. Some prefer the authentic; definitely a nice feeling to wear the same stuff as the pros.

Hope that this was helpful

Aloha,

SouthpawTRK

SouthpawTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Hockeyfan68

vCash: 500
I believe these days the authentic jerseys are virtually seethrough as they do not weigh anything and wick moisture and all that fancy stuff. Of course I do not own any cheapies or expensive new ones but I have noticed watching TV NHL games that you can see through easily. They look like there isn't all much to them and the socks also look pretty thin.

I would also assume as it has always been that the authentic jerseys are doublestitched for a more durable use.

Of course I am NO expert either but I stated what I have seen. If the authentic ones are heavier and thicker than the replicas I would be shocked but it would not be the first time I am wrong or in this case just simply had not known the difference.

I like the feel of playing in a heavier jersey because when ckating I can feel it swinging on me in the wind. maybe I am just a mental furball.

I also HATE the untucked dress shirt tail look on the official jerseys and would opt for a replica anyway just for that.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote