HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who do you think we'll pick?

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2004, 11:38 AM
Potted Plant

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Who do you think we'll pick?

Forget who you want us to pick with our draft picks, or which players or picks you want us to trade. Who do you think we will get out of this draft? Bonus points for the trades you think we will make.

I'll start.

I think we won't trade out of the #6 pick. Ladd will be picked already, and possibly Schremp as well. I think Olesz will slip because of concussion problems, and we'll pick him.

I think we will trade one second round pick to move up from #24 to about #15 or so. We'll draft Chipchura.

Beyond that, I won't venture a guess except to say that Poti and Lundmark will be with the team next year.

Old
04-17-2004, 11:48 AM
RGF

@ # 6--we take schremp.

we move from 24 to 19 pick up Valabick using a second with #24.

second round. tesliuk, wheeler, schultz. no particular order.

two offensive dynamos--wheeler could be better than vanek after going through uminny. and two great dmen. Tesliuk is a tank who is panic free and plays great D. and We all know the possibilites with Valabick

Old
04-17-2004, 11:49 AM
Lowetide

Stafford. I bet you a 2-4 of Canadian beer they take Stafford.

Old
04-17-2004, 12:01 PM
EtnoEastern

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
Forget who you want us to pick with our draft picks, or which players or picks you want us to trade. Who do you think we will get out of this draft? Bonus points for the trades you think we will make.

I'll start.

I think we won't trade out of the #6 pick. Ladd will be picked already, and possibly Schremp as well. I think Olesz will slip because of concussion problems, and we'll pick him.

I think we will trade one second round pick to move up from #24 to about #15 or so. We'll draft Chipchura.

Beyond that, I won't venture a guess except to say that Poti and Lundmark will be with the team next year.
Well, to put it shortly, it is no secret that the problem with Ladd for Rangers is that atleast one team picking in the top 5 has a GM who regards Andrew very highly. So getting Ladd with the 6.-th pick isn´t that preditcable at all.

Anyhow, -here´s how I see it.

If the Rangers choose not to sign Umberger, they´ll prob. go after Schremp or Olesz. Because of the simple need of young offensive firepower. ( or however you might phrase it. )

If the Rangers manage to sign Umberger, they´ll atleast have the illusion of having prospects with top-level offensive potential, which might fool themselves enough to make someone like Ladd their first pick. Which wouldn´t be a bad thing, just that the issue of offensive talent remains a unanswered.

You make a good point by writing that the Rangers could trade up with their second first-round pick to grab someone with offensive potential, but with problems in other areas ( size, performance etc...).
With Baranka and etc.. in the system, drafting D-man like Valabik shouldn´t be that high on our list.

Old
04-17-2004, 12:17 PM
Barnaby

I could live with Ladd, but I'd like to see us move up to get one of Olesz, Barker, or even Malkin if thats possible. As solid as Ladd will be, we desperately need top line talent or a front line d-man. As for the 2nd pick in the 1st, I might use Lundmark to trade up if the right deal came.

Old
04-18-2004, 10:36 AM
charliemurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I could live with Ladd, but I'd like to see us move up to get one of Olesz, Barker, or even Malkin if thats possible. As solid as Ladd will be, we desperately need top line talent or a front line d-man. As for the 2nd pick in the 1st, I might use Lundmark to trade up if the right deal came.
If Lundmark is dealt, Olesz, Barker or Malkin better be involved. If not Ladd/Chipchura/ and Schremp.

Old
04-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Potted Plant

We're going to get a really good player at #6, of that I am confident. I am really curious, though, to see what we do with the later 1st rounder and the handful of 2nd rounders. I hope we get 2 or 3 real NHL players out of those.

Old
04-18-2004, 12:46 PM
CJB

Currently at the 6th pick, I would take Schremp or Ladd whomever is available. But if both were still available, get Schremp. I wonder if he can jump in like Dustin Brown did with the Kings. Since their is a lot of vacant spot on center ice.

If the Rangers move up to say the 3rd pick, get Olesz.

Last edited by CJB: 04-18-2004 at 12:52 PM.
Old
04-18-2004, 02:25 PM
in the hall

i think robbie schremp

i hope it's him or olesz but i think olesz at this point is not very realistic not overly fond of anyone else other then the top two in the draft

Old
04-18-2004, 02:49 PM
FlyersFan10*

I'd say with your first pick, it's going to be a forward. I'm thinking it will either be Schremp or Wolski. With the second first round pick, I'm thinking you're going to draft a defenseman. Either Lepisto or Hedman.

Old
04-19-2004, 05:25 AM
Edge

My guess is with the number 6 pick the Rangers grab Stafford or Thelen.

Not necessarily ny picks, but that's what I see.

Though I will say that is Olesz falls{which i doubt} they wont pass on him, concussion or not.

Old
04-19-2004, 07:16 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

So, if the top four goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
My guess is with the number 6 pick the Rangers grab Stafford or Thelen.

Not necessarily ny picks, but that's what I see.

Though I will say that is Olesz falls{which i doubt} they wont pass on him, concussion or not.
Ovechkin - WAS, Malkin - PIT, Olesz - CHI and Barker - CBJ, who do you see the 'Yotes taking, and if either Ladd or Schremp comes off the board at 5, you think the Rangers would take either Stafford or Thelen over either Ladd or Schremp?

Old
04-19-2004, 09:21 AM
Potted Plant

Stafford? I thought he was a projected late first round pick? Not a top 10. I can see it being Thelen, however.

Old
04-19-2004, 09:56 AM
Barnaby

I really think we have to consider moving up if the price is reasonable. I think with a new CBA this top line talent is going to be ALOT harder to get. We're not going to get the Bure's, Jagr's, Kovalev's, and Nedveds that we've gotten in the past just because we can afford to pay more. Their will probably be some sort of cap, so to grab a UFA or bring one in a trade you would have to overpay either in players or with money.

Old
04-19-2004, 10:13 AM
Larry Melnyk

I like Stafford and Ladd alot, but with the pick of Jessiman last year and the Rangers crying need for top end speed and skill, I don't see either being the #6 pick...Right now, Robbie Schemp might be the only skill guy to give bang for the buck at #6.....The other option is a trade down (guys like Radulov or others) while picking up another pick...Then there's THELEN who I also like alot..Rangers could go there at #6 to give us bookenbd for Tyutin..I wouldn't be that mad with this pick.....Or we just go with a goalie like Shwartz or Montoya!

Old
04-19-2004, 10:19 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
I like Stafford and Ladd alot, but with the pick of Jessiman last year and the Rangers crying need for top end speed and skill, I don't see either being the #6 pick...Right now, Robbie Schemp might be the only skill guy to give bang for the buck at #6.....The other option is a trade down (guys like Radulov or others) while picking up another pick...Then there's THELEN who I also like alot..Rangers could go there at #6 to give us bookenbd for Tyutin..I wouldn't be that mad with this pick.....Or we just go with a goalie like Shwartz or Montoya!
With the pick of Jessiman last year, I can't see the Rangers taking a chance at # 6 with Stafford. Now, if Sather can procure another top ten pick, (perhaps Atlanta?), I could see them taking a chance on Stafford AFTER they've taken Schremp. (I really think he's the pick at six, especially with the Umberger situation - of course, if Olesz is available, all bets are off.)

Old
04-19-2004, 11:24 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
With the pick of Jessiman last year, I can't see the Rangers taking a chance at # 6 with Stafford. Now, if Sather can procure another top ten pick, (perhaps Atlanta?), I could see them taking a chance on Stafford AFTER they've taken Schremp. (I really think he's the pick at six, especially with the Umberger situation - of course, if Olesz is available, all bets are off.)
I agree on Stafford. We just drafted a big project of a RW in Jessiman last year, maybe it's time we get better on defense, of get an actual Center or LW that has the potential for the top two lines before we take another RW. If Stafford was a better looking prospect i'd be saying otherwise, but right now i'm torn on whether he's a legit PF or just a decent 3rd liner.

Who'll possibly be at #6 in the order i'd take them- Olesz, Ladd, Schremp, Thelen, Tukonen, Picard, Valabik, Schwarz, Wolski.

Old
04-19-2004, 04:19 PM
TKLOOCH22

I say you only get one time a year to blow your whistle at draft day so why not go balls to the wall and make some big time noise. Ya' listenin' big Glen? It all starts with getting the 46th pick for R.J.

First:

Call up your buddy Lowe at Edmonton and make an offer for his two picks, assuming Philly doesn't win the cup.

What I suggest:

To EDM:
Jamie Lundmark(Hometown Edmonton boy)
26th pick overall(TOR)
46th pick overall
48th pick overall(MON)
To NYR:
14th pick overall
22nd overall

Second:

Then, take some time to pass Poti onto one of Nashville, Buffalo or Minnesota.

Suggestion:

To NAS:
Tom Poti
37th overall(FLA)
44th overall(EDM, although it might be lower)
TO NYR:
15th overall

*If one of these deals takes a lil' more swaying we have three 2nds next year and could use atleast one.

Now you have the 6th, 14th, 15th, 22nd and 36th.

Thats gravy.

My picks would probably be something along the lines of Schremp/Thelen, Picard/Stafford, Chipchura, Valabik/Meszaros/Fransson and Tesliuk/Garlock.

Old
04-19-2004, 04:37 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKLOOCH22
I say you only get one time a year to blow your whistle at draft day so why not go balls to the wall and make some big time noise. Ya' listenin' big Glen? It all starts with getting the 46th pick for R.J.

First:

Call up your buddy Lowe at Edmonton and make an offer for his two picks, assuming Philly doesn't win the cup.

What I suggest:

To EDM:
Jamie Lundmark(Hometown Edmonton boy)
26th pick overall(TOR)
46th pick overall
48th pick overall(MON)
To NYR:
14th pick overall
22nd overall

Second:

Then, take some time to pass Poti onto one of Nashville, Buffalo or Minnesota.

Suggestion:

To NAS:
Tom Poti
37th overall(FLA)
44th overall(EDM, although it might be lower)
TO NYR:
15th overall

*If one of these deals takes a lil' more swaying we have three 2nds next year and could use atleast one.

Now you have the 6th, 14th, 15th, 22nd and 36th.

Thats gravy.

My picks would probably be something along the lines of Schremp/Thelen, Picard/Stafford, Chipchura, Valabik/Meszaros/Fransson and Tesliuk/Garlock.
In the first trade you didn't give enough, the second deal you overpaid

Old
04-19-2004, 05:43 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
I'd love one of those trades just for the sheer audacity of it! How much would the rest of the league cringe if we had 5 first round draft picks this year? We'd probably ruin half of them, but here's to dreaming.

Old
04-19-2004, 05:54 PM
kickice

Send a message via MSN to kickice
I've a feeling that if Schremp is still available, it'll be him. It's destiny! American kid, born in New York state I think???

But if he's gone, then Ladd.

Old
04-19-2004, 07:17 PM
charliemurphy

Agreed.
If Schremp is there, Sather will take him.

Old
04-19-2004, 08:03 PM
skunk

vCash:
Who cares about the pick. If you talk about it long enough that idiot Shadowtron is bound to make some arrogant remark to you about it. Therefore, I suggest you plead the 5th. I'm actually amazed the moderator let's this azzclown get away with it.

I guess the moderators aren't that bright. He tries to be slick. He basically tells you what a dumbazz you are without actually calling you one but it's the same thing. I figure that he is buddies with the moderators and the laws aren't the same for everybody.

Old
04-19-2004, 08:05 PM
nyr5186

I think there's a good chance Wes O'neill will be picked by the Rangers somewhere in the middle-to-late 1st round. He played for the Green Bay Gamblers of the USHL before going to Notre Dame. If you remember, the Rangers picked like 4 players from that team 2 years ago. Just a hunch I've got.

Closed Thread