Notices

Take it easy!

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2004, 11:30 PM
Duguay

vCash: 500
Take it easy!

It's been great interacting with all of you!

This is a fine, fine site. It's filled with some very knowledgable, astute hockey fans and I learn something everytime I come here.

If they could get their server to be able to handle the load - it would even be better.

Hope to catch you again when hockey resumes.

I have made a pact that I will be boycotting hockey as a result of the ongoing labour strife. For every game missed, I will not allow myself to attend or watch a hockey game -- to the power of two. In other words, should the 04-05 season get wiped out; I won't be back to the NHL until the beginning of 2006-07.
That includes participation on this board as well. I'll even be cancelling my subscription to Hockey News.

I will go public with this boycott on my radio show here in Toronto also.

With all of the money being made; should they not be able to figure it out, then they need to know, that they at least have lost one of their patrons.

I don't mind my hockey players having the best houses in the neighborhood -- but when they're living in the same neighborhood's as Donald Trump and Conrad Black...well...let's just say that this ain't the same game that I've grown up with.

This is a regular man's sport. Regular people should be able to afford to attend the games.

The NHL also has to learn that it can't have 30 sets of sliding rules - depending on the time of the year, game and circumstance. Rules need to be written down, and then conisistantely exercised (no matter when). This league is getting to be a joke.

Improvements are necessary. At least as far as I'm concerned.

Plus, with my second child due around then, it will be a good time to spend more time with him/her.

In closing...I don't believe it's Joe's fault, and I think Management finally gave the team and their fans a shot. Give Joe a break cos he was very hurt, and he's going to be the next Yzerman. Mark my words.

The core of this team is Raycroft, Toivanan, Bergeron, Boynton, Samsonov, Boyes, Stuart, Gonchar and Thornton. It would be nice to get Nylander and Green back, and get some input from one or two of; Zino, Girard, Jurcina, Lars Jonsson, Martin Samuelsson, Donato or Hilbert.

To be honest...the rest I don't really care about.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Have a great summer, and hopefully for hockey's sake -- Bettman and Goodenow can figure this thing out.

Cheer!

Duguay

Old
04-19-2004, 11:42 PM
stungun

i hope for all of our sakes when you come back to us the game is in better shape then it is now. good luck with the new child.......

Old
04-19-2004, 11:45 PM
Bruin_Ron

First off, congrats on your second child!

Second, Duguay, I've always looked forward to your posts. I thought that was a great post. What show do you host in TO?

I hope you have a great summer but certainly hope that you will let us in on your insights.

Ron

Old
04-20-2004, 05:18 AM
gvkmedia
Preaching B's hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin_Ron
What show do you host in TO?
Duguay is a radio personality on Q-107. Classic Rock. He's on weeknights from 6-10.?

Old
04-20-2004, 08:54 AM
Mad-Marcus

Good luck with your 2nd child.
And I support your attitude as a frustrated fan.

Old
04-20-2004, 09:36 AM
Bruin_Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvkmedia
Duguay is a radio personality on Q-107. Classic Rock. He's on weeknights from 6-10.?
Thanks for that. As you know, I'm fairly new around here and still wasn't aware. I have family out in TO and was curious because honestly, Duguay has impressed me the short while I have been here

Closed Thread