HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Kreider vs Schroeder

Old
01-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanRanger View Post
Skating? Work ethic/Attitude?

I'll give Schroeder the edge in hands and vision, but thats really it.
I won't get into other comparisons but Kreider is clearly and easily a better skater than Schroeder right now. That's not even a knock on Schroeder, cuz he's a damn good skater. Kreider is just unbelievable

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord Millers Chin View Post
D'Amigo and Stepan were on another level than any other American forward.

D'Amigo was clutch throughout the tournament, Schroeder was not.
So? Slaney was clutch for team canada, i wonder where hes playing now.

And to say Schroeder was not clutch is bs, Most points in usa history, had a 3 point game vs the Fins, Scored in both games vs canada and blocked shots though out the tourny. I guarantee if you made a pole between D'Amigo vs Schroeder it would be a blow out.

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Scouter

vCash: 154
Schroeder no question, he's easily the better player, not that this is really a fair comparison.

Scouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:19 AM
TheLowKreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman3 View Post
Schroeder no question, he's easily the better player, not that this is really a fair comparison.
explain yourself.

TheLowKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:22 AM
WonderTwinsUnite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshirt4lyfe View Post
explain yourself.
For the love of God, don't do it! He's going to make the normal Canuck fans (yeah, there are a few) look bad by being an uber-homer.

WonderTwinsUnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

Quote:
lol just stop. They're both pretty even

Old
01-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Scouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshirt4lyfe View Post
explain yourself.
Because they are 2 different kinds of players.

Old
01-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Scouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
lol just stop. They're both pretty even
If you are going to go by 1 tourney, then I would say that they are not pretty even, because up until the WJC Kreider had not been playing well.

Old
01-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Grub
First Line Troll

Gman is right.

A 6 game tourney doesn't reflect how good you are.

Look at Nikita..

IMO however they are pretty even.

Grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

Quote:
If you are going to go by 1 tourney, then I would say that they are not pretty even, because up until the WJC Kreider had not been playing well.
You can say the exact same thing for Schroeder

Old
01-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Scouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
You can say the exact same thing for Schroeder
Not really, Schroeder is playing about as well as to be expected, Kreider is playing a fair bit worse.

Old
01-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Moore Money
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackstromLaichsSemin View Post
What are you talking about? Schroeder's first half of the WJC's were pretty poor. Overall, he had a worse tournament, offensively, this year then last. How is regressing offensively considered "as well as to be expected."

The only positive sign from Schoeder during the WJC's is how he played against the top teams in the tournament (Canada and Sweden).
The thing with Schroeder is that he has to play with skilled players to produce good numbers. He's not the type of player that makes average players or grinders good scorers ( like the Sedins can), not yet anyways.

He produced big numbers in college, and WJC last year bevause he was playing with skilled players like himself. This year he's playing with plugs.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:13 PM
K2B
dim jim

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck71 View Post
I'm not even trying to portray any kind of Canadian homerism but are you kidding me? Have people really given up on Hodgson? You ain't seen nothing yet from this kid
Oh sorry I meant Hodgson is the better prospect by far but Schroeder is going to have the better career IMO.

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Bad News Benning
no news is good news

vCash: 390
Send a message via MSN to Bad News Benning
Quote:
Ya, that is part of it, but not really a great excuse. Schroeder compete level was terrible for the first half of the tournament. I watched every American game and followed Schroeder shift by shift and his level of effort was really poor. Super soft and lazy for the first half of the tournament. In his last three games he played how he NEEDS to play though, which was a great sign though.
probably because he was sick the first half of the tournament....

Bad News Benning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Moore Money
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Ya, that is part of it, but not really a great excuse. Schroeder compete level was terrible for the first half of the tournament. I watched every American game and followed Schroeder shift by shift and his level of effort was really poor. Super soft and lazy for the first half of the tournament. In his last three games he played how he NEEDS to play though, which was a great sign though.
I watched all the USA games as well, and yes he was terrible in the first few games against garbage teams too. Doesn't really makes sense because they were skating circles around those teams and you would think it would be easier than playing teams like Canada, where he played very well. I wonder if he was sulking because he didn't get to play on the top line, which goes back to his so called attitude problems.

Looks like he has all the tools to be a great NHL player, but his attitude might hold him back. I could be way off base here, but that's my assesment of Mr. Schroeder.

Old
01-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Moore Money
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edler Von Gud View Post
probably because he was sick the first half of the tournament....
he was? I guess everything I said above is simply wrong then...

Old
01-08-2010, 07:42 PM
K2B
dim jim

Quote:
That makes no sense at all.
How so,Hodgson is the better prospect,but IMO Schroeder is going to have the better career.I think I made that clear.

Old
01-08-2010, 07:59 PM
K2B
dim jim

Quote:
If you think that Schroeder is going to have a better career then you must think that Schroeder is the better prospect.
No I think Hodgson is the better right now but Schroeder will have the better NHL career.

Old
01-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Rey

It's really close.

Sky is the limit for Kreider. He could be an absolute stud, or a dud. It depends on his development. He needs to be consistent and round out his game. It's underrated, but he needs to prove it against men. A 6'2 speedster is rare and if he does get going, he'd be unstoppable.

Schroeder, at this moment, is more well rounded but his size will always be a problem, and there's where Kreider has the huge edge. If Schroeder was 5'10, i wouldn't say anything but he's between a 5'8 and a 5'9, which is brutal. If he's already tired of the men at college level, how will he compete against the Hedmans, Prongers, Charas of the league.. You've already seen small talented guys getting shut down in the playoffs like Patrick Kane. The only way to avoid this is to find a natural scorer/sniper or a guy to make room for Schroeder and the Canuck's at the moment, don't have that guy. The only guy, even remotely close, is Grabner.

Both were gems in the late 1st round. Krieder went down because he was playing in high school, playing with questionable opponents. Schroeder went down because of his size. Plus, perhaps he does have an "attitude" problem.

Last edited by Rey: 01-08-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Scouter

About Schroeder, I seem to be perhaps the only one who thinks that he performed better at the WJC than most of you here, that's fine, the nucks picked him and they are very happy with what they got. As for Kreider, he is playing probably as well as to be expected, so I take back what I said about him before.

Last edited by Scouter: 01-10-2010 at 02:30 AM.
Old
01-09-2010, 07:50 AM
Scouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
It's really close.

Sky is the limit for Kreider. He could be an absolute stud, or a dud. It depends on his development. He needs to be consistent and round out his game. It's underrated, but he needs to prove it against men. A 6'2 speedster is rare and if he does get going, he'd be unstoppable.

Schroeder, at this moment, is more well rounded but his size will always be a problem, and there's where Kreider has the huge edge. If Schroeder was 5'10, i wouldn't say anything but he's between a 5'8 and a 5'9, which is brutal. If he's already tired of the men at college level, how will he compete against the Hedmans, Prongers, Charas of the league.. You've already seen small talented guys getting shut down in the playoffs like Patrick Kane. The only way to avoid this is to find a natural scorer/sniper or a guy to make room for Schroeder and the Canuck's at the moment, don't have that guy. The only guy, even remotely close, is Grabner.

Both were gems in the late 1st round. Krieder went down because he was playing in high school, playing with questionable opponents. Schroeder went down because of his size. Plus, perhaps he does have an "attitude" problem.

I don't think Kreider wen't down, I think he was picked right where he should be if you are going by CSS and ISS.

I don't know how many times I have to say it, but Schroeder does not have an attitude problem, the nucks did special testing on him, the results were great, so they drafted him, if he had a problem that they did not like they would not have taken him, the other teams most likely did not have the same advances as the nucks, so they did not know better.

Last edited by Scouter: 01-09-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old
01-09-2010, 08:04 AM
hfboardsuser

Quote:
the nucks did special testing on him, the results were great, so they drafted him, if he had a problem that they did not like they would not have taken him, the other teams most likely did not have the same advances as the nucks, so they did not know better.
That's probably the dumbest thing I've ever read. Let me guess, a 'special test' showed that you have Trisomy 21?

Last edited by hfboardsuser: 01-09-2010 at 08:10 AM.
hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
That's probably the dumbest thing I've ever read. Let me guess, a 'special test' showed that you have Trisomy 21?
Haha.

OK, I think we can end this thread now, no? Canucks fans like their guy, Ranger fans like their guy, everyone else (including rational fans of the aforementioned teams) thinks it's a toss-up. Done deal.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
How so,Hodgson is the better prospect,but IMO Schroeder is going to have the better career.I think I made that clear.

Not if he plays his career like his WJC showing. Once again in the big games I dont think he did much, and in the past has racked up his points against weak competition. I don't even think he makes the NHL. Just my opinion.

Kvashinator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:58 PM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12 View Post
Not if he plays his career like his WJC showing. Once again in the big games I dont think he did much, and in the past has racked up his points against weak competition. I don't even think he makes the NHL. Just my opinion.
Two goals against Canada, 3 assists against Finland.

Playing with Ryan Bourque and Jason Zucker who combined for 2 goals and 5 points in total. Schroeder alone had 8 points, nearly double his linemates total.

Chris Kreider played with Jeremy Morin and AJ Jenks, who combine for 12 points.

Put some good players on Schroeder's line and he'd be much better IMO.

Last edited by JohnHodgson: 01-09-2010 at 01:19 PM.
JohnHodgson is offline   Reply With Quote