HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Kaptain Kovalchuk vs. Antagonizing Avery. 7PM, 7 Jan 2010

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2010, 12:34 PM
  #1
dj4aces
Registered User
 
dj4aces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,896
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Kaptain Kovalchuk vs. Antagonizing Avery. 7PM, 7 Jan 2010

Yeah, early GDT, I know.

This time, we break the freakin' curse. It'll be colder than a hooker's heart, the roads will probably be icy and covered with the half-inch of snow that might fall.

So, if you're not going to brave the elements, pull out your generator, fire it up, and turn on the TV to watch intently as the Thrashers battle it out with the Rangers.

Taking the thread in another direction, here are some pictures (warning: probably not dialup or EDGE cellular friendly) that have yet to be posted in our GDTs this year. This is in the hopes that it helps break the team's curse...





Let's go Thrashers!

dj4aces is offline  
Old
01-06-2010, 01:14 PM
  #2
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: United States
Posts: 11,527
vCash: 500
I'm trying not to give up hope in this season yet. I'm trying to believe we can make the playoffs. But right now with Anderson i am losing it all. If they lose tomorrow and nothing has changed than i will have given up hope. If it takes your GM 10 or more losses in a row to realize the coach has to go than DW needs to resign.

I'm so pissed right now because this was a wasted season. With anyone else, we are all happy and are enjoying the season like we should be. Probably 10-15 games over 500 too. We wouldn't be making threads about the defense or about trading Kovalchuk.

It's like the organization just loves losing so they do nothing to change it.

John Cena* is offline  
Old
01-06-2010, 01:57 PM
  #3
Blasto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Washington Generals - 3
NY Rangers - 14


Actually I do hope this team does turn it around & start winning. Will I hold my breath? Not a chance.

Blasto is offline  
Old
01-06-2010, 02:28 PM
  #4
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,143
vCash: 500
A loss here and Casino Night gets REAL interesting...

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
01-06-2010, 03:48 PM
  #5
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,188
vCash: 500
can't wait to see how many goals we're down by when they score the empty netter!!!

Rhodes 81 is offline  
Old
01-06-2010, 04:30 PM
  #6
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasto View Post
Washington Generals - 3
NY Rangers - 14


Actually I do hope this team does turn it around & start winning. Will I hold my breath? Not a chance.
Curly with two goals and Metalark (sp?) with a goal and an assist.

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
01-06-2010, 04:43 PM
  #7
Telfo
THRASHERS
 
Telfo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,874
vCash: 500
i will be braving the elements to go to the game and watch the loss with about 500 of my closest friends.

Telfo is offline  
Old
01-06-2010, 04:51 PM
  #8
dj4aces
Registered User
 
dj4aces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,896
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Darren Eliot did a live chat today at the SportSouth website, and one of the things he said is "changes will be made" if the poor play and losing continues. Anything less than a 3-1 record in this homestand, and I bet someone gets the ax.

Now, I don't completely blame Anderson. Weeks is doing screw-all when it comes to Pavelec and Hedberg this year. We have watched in horror as both have regressed dramatically since the start of the season. I want Weeks fired first, not Anderson. I would be content with firing both at the same time. However, I don't want to see just Anderson fired. Both or Weeks alone.

We have a crapload of talent here, and its clicked before. What changed? We are in danger of falling below .500 for the first time all season. The guys really need to get it together.

dj4aces is offline  
Old
01-06-2010, 05:14 PM
  #9
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: United States
Posts: 11,527
vCash: 500
dj i want you to think back to the winning days.... we won EARLY in the season when teams didn't completely find themselves yet. We aren't winning now because we are not consistent. Other teams are. Here are games we should have lost. The game against the Canes when we somehow came back, the game against Montreal when somehow the Habs made Pavelec look like an all star by shooting the puck directly into him, i can argue that we should have lost to the Stars. We has some puck luck and we don't have it anymore so now when teams get 30+ shots a game chances are there scoring atleast 4+ goals especially with this no defensive system.

John Cena* is offline  
Old
01-06-2010, 05:29 PM
  #10
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect
 
BreakTheWallsDown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,317
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
All I can say is I'm done defending Anderson at this point. I stick up for the guy and this is how he repays me?

I wont stop defending Pavelec though. Something strange is going on here because that kid is an awesome goalie and lately it seems like we'd have a better chance of winning with an empty net. Pavs showed us this season that he does have the skills to make it in this league but he needs some help. I have every bit of confidence that he will get his inconsistency problems worked out and go back to his play from the beginning of the season. Whether that happens this year or next, I don't know.

BreakTheWallsDown is offline  
Old
01-06-2010, 06:17 PM
  #11
StevenintheATL
Registered User
 
StevenintheATL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The ATL!
Country: United States
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
This GDT ought to be called "The Rush For Milk & Bread Edition"......

StevenintheATL is offline  
Old
01-06-2010, 06:22 PM
  #12
dj4aces
Registered User
 
dj4aces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,896
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
dj i want you to think back to the winning days.... we won EARLY in the season when teams didn't completely find themselves yet. We aren't winning now because we are not consistent. Other teams are. Here are games we should have lost. The game against the Canes when we somehow came back, the game against Montreal when somehow the Habs made Pavelec look like an all star by shooting the puck directly into him, i can argue that we should have lost to the Stars. We has some puck luck and we don't have it anymore so now when teams get 30+ shots a game chances are there scoring atleast 4+ goals especially with this no defensive system.
No. We won early because the guys were sticking up for each other, communicating well, and seeing the ice clearly.

Go watch the game we played against the Rangers earlier this year. Then go watch the game we just played last night. There is a stark difference in how this team looks on the ice, and how the team reacts to different situations. The Kovalchuk of now looks nothing like the Kovalchuk of October.

Does this support the notion that Anderson should be fired? Maybe. However, Steve Weeks is a cancer that has plagued our goalies for a very long time, and he needs to be purged from our system immediately.

Look at the Pavelec of before, and the Pavelec of now. Look at the Moose of before, and the Moose of now. Something is very wrong with our goalies, and it's not the goalies themselves. If they were playing better, they could have stolen some of these games for us. However, bad positioning and bad rebounds have caused some very big mishaps.

It's all in the coaching of these guys, and it's not Anderson who was a goalie to begin with. I've wanted Weeks fired for years because I think he's a moron when it comes to training, conditioning, and coaching our goalies. If the fall off in their play from October to January hasn't shown that to people, I have no idea what will.

dj4aces is offline  
Old
01-06-2010, 06:28 PM
  #13
Georgia Dawg
Registered User
 
Georgia Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,629
vCash: 500
The streak ends tomorrow. Count on it.

I am bound to be right sooner or later on this.

Georgia Dawg is offline  
Old
01-06-2010, 06:39 PM
  #14
Magnus Fulgur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 7,354
vCash: 500
The only streaks that could end tomorrow are those of Waddell, Kovalchuk, Anderson,and Weeks getting paychecks from Atlanta Spirit.

Magnus Fulgur is offline  
Old
01-06-2010, 07:41 PM
  #15
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: United States
Posts: 11,527
vCash: 500
i disagree DJ. Pavelec only looked good because the other teams made him look good. I also disagree with the other parts. We were lucky with puck luck and now Pavelec doesn't have it anymore. No one is taking shots directly into his chest lol.

Lehtonen is still >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pavelec. I never changed my mind because i knew Pavelec would falter.

IMO Pavelec played 1 good game this season. That Montreal game was puck luck. They should have won 10-1 but their forwards shot it directly into Pavelecs chest when they had wide open nets

John Cena* is offline  
Old
01-06-2010, 09:21 PM
  #16
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,188
vCash: 500
seriously, an inch of snow and all of a sudden southerners flip out like a nuclear bomb is going off. it's kinda sad. i understand we aren't as well equipped for snow and ice as northerners are but it's not like it's a blizzard

Rhodes 81 is offline  
Old
01-06-2010, 09:33 PM
  #17
Aaronxxx
Registered User
 
Aaronxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: atlanta
Posts: 1,252
vCash: 500
i'll be going to the game tomorrow night.

looking forward to the games before sunday, i think we can take tomorrow. washington will be another story. i wouldn't be entirely upset at a loss tomorrow if it means there will be some desks being cleared out in the front office.

Aaronxxx is offline  
Old
01-06-2010, 10:23 PM
  #18
dj4aces
Registered User
 
dj4aces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,896
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 10 View Post
seriously, an inch of snow and all of a sudden southerners flip out like a nuclear bomb is going off. it's kinda sad. i understand we aren't as well equipped for snow and ice as northerners are but it's not like it's a blizzard
I find it amusing, to be quite honest. ZOMG BREAD MILK PANIC PANIC AAHHHHH.

It's half an inch, guys. It's not going to kill you.

dj4aces is offline  
Old
01-07-2010, 01:00 AM
  #19
en_fuego
Registered User
 
en_fuego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
I find it amusing, to be quite honest. ZOMG BREAD MILK PANIC PANIC AAHHHHH.

It's half an inch, guys. It's not going to kill you.
Seriously, half an inch is barely a dusting. The only reason I'm cautious is because I know everyone else will be freaking out about the WHITE DEATH FROM ABOVE and driving like morons.

en_fuego is offline  
Old
01-07-2010, 01:02 AM
  #20
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect
 
BreakTheWallsDown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,317
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
I was talking to my mom who is a Nurse at a hospital near here and they told her and all the other nurses to bring an extra set of clothes and pajamas and they must bring their own pillows and blankets to work tomorrow. It is mandatory because they expect to be snowed in.

BreakTheWallsDown is offline  
Old
01-07-2010, 08:55 AM
  #21
btn
Gone Hollywood
 
btn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: ATL
Country: United States
Posts: 15,669
vCash: 500
Between the snow insanity and the bcs title game, it is likely going to be one of those "relocate the Thrashers" attendance kind of nights.

Cobb county is making a call on closing school early at 11AM and it hasn't even started snowing.
Posted via Mobile Device

btn is offline  
Old
01-07-2010, 09:01 AM
  #22
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
Between the snow insanity and the bcs title game, it is likely going to be one of those "relocate the Thrashers" attendance kind of nights.

Cobb county is making a call on closing school early at 11AM and it hasn't even started snowing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah...Forsyth did that last night!

This has got to be the silliest thing ever for most of this board (all hockey fans) to see.

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
01-07-2010, 09:13 AM
  #23
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,143
vCash: 500
Moose is in tonight.

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
01-07-2010, 09:22 AM
  #24
TasteofFlames
Registered User
 
TasteofFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Athens, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Yeah...Forsyth did that last night!

This has got to be the silliest thing ever for most of this board (all hockey fans) to see.
Metro Atlanta + snow is almost as good as y2k.

TasteofFlames is offline  
Old
01-07-2010, 09:27 AM
  #25
Shameus
Moderator
 
Shameus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Middle of a Migraine
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
I find it amusing, to be quite honest. ZOMG BREAD MILK PANIC PANIC AAHHHHH.

It's half an inch, guys. It's not going to kill you.
Wait there is still bread and milk left????

I'll be back in a little bit guys

Shameus is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.