Notices

Kaptain Kovalchuk vs. Antagonizing Avery. 7PM, 7 Jan 2010

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2010, 11:06 AM
RoyalAir
Always the Thrashers

vCash: 500
See, I think the snow worries here are just like the ZOMG HEAT WAIVE!!!1!! stories out of the Northeast. We don't like/aren't used to snow, and you carpetbaggers don't like/aren't used to 95+ temperatures. I'm from Georgia, and I drive on ice and am around snow far more often than the rest of this board, and I still don't like it when it's in my neighborhood. If I wanted snow, I'd move to Michigan or Massachusetts or something.

End of rant, but there's no way they win this game tonight. Stands will be empty, rotate-o-goalie will be poor, and Atlanta can't score on Lundqvist.

ASF, I disagree with you about Pavalec. He had a string of very impressive games earlier this season, and it wasn't just because the other team made him look good. Montreal, Detroit, the Kings game, and even the Dallas game were examples of Pavelec standing on his head. You can keep trying to ride that Lehtonen fanclub until it explodes under your feet, but the rest of the board is right. The fundamental problem is that the goalie coaching is so awful, it's impossible for a goaltender to be successful here, longterm.

So, with a loss tonight, that drives the streak to 10. Franchise record is 12. Tell me again how Anderson isn't to blame for some of this?

Old
01-07-2010, 11:11 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
See, I think the snow worries here are just like the ZOMG HEAT WAIVE!!!1!! stories out of the Northeast. We don't like/aren't used to snow, and you carpetbaggers don't like/aren't used to 95+ temperatures. I'm from Georgia, and I drive on ice and am around snow far more often than the rest of this board, and I still don't like it when it's in my neighborhood. If I wanted snow, I'd move to Michigan or Massachusetts or something.
I disagree. 95+ is considered hot as hell down here too...and last time I checked, they haven't closed counties down (schools) because of a 95 degree day. We're getting a dusting/flurries and there's panic. It's funny to watch (except when there's 50 people in the stands).

Old
01-07-2010, 12:56 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I disagree. 95+ is considered hot as hell down here too...and last time I checked, they haven't closed counties down (schools) because of a 95 degree day. We're getting a dusting/flurries and there's panic. It's funny to watch (except when there's 50 people in the stands).
I hate hot weather and love cold weather. Matter of fact, I wholly plan on moving back to Detroit as soon as I can possibly afford it, also due to my love of the white fluffy stuff from the sky.

There's panic and unrest because this state is ill-equipped to handle that fluffy stuff from the sky. The snow removal program is sub-par, and ice removal program is virtually non-existent. Not to mention, people remember those forecasts from 1993. "One to two inches possible" the forecasters said. We all know what happened next.

Old
01-07-2010, 01:17 PM
en_fuego

Quote:
See, I think the snow worries here are just like the ZOMG HEAT WAIVE!!!1!! stories out of the Northeast.
More like ZOMG THUNDERSTORM!!!!11. 95 degrees happens in the Northeast too. Thunderstorms aren't as common, but they happen pretty much every day through the spring and summer down South. A couple summers ago, Boston was getting a lot of thunderstorms, and people were standing around the windows watching in ~amazement~ like they've never seen a downpour before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
I hate hot weather and love cold weather.
As do I, even though I'm from GA. I can't figure out now how I lived here for so long. I die from the heat every time I visit, so I quite enjoy the 25 degree weather we've been having since I've been here.

Quote:
So, with a loss tonight, that drives the streak to 10. Franchise record is 12. Tell me again how Anderson isn't to blame for some of this?
Well, we all know what happened the last time we lost 10 straight games. Caps and Sens are coming up after this, so 12 isn't out of the question. Honestly, I can't see them beating anyone with the way they're playing right now. Something has to change. I really liked the idea of Anderson when they first hired him, but clearly, this isn't working.

Old
01-07-2010, 04:25 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:

ASF, I disagree with you about Pavalec. He had a string of very impressive games earlier this season, and it wasn't just because the other team made him look good. Montreal, Detroit, the Kings game, and even the Dallas game were examples of Pavelec standing on his head. You can keep trying to ride that Lehtonen fanclub until it explodes under your feet, but the rest of the board is right. The fundamental problem is that the goalie coaching is so awful, it's impossible for a goaltender to be successful here, longterm.

Well i disagree with you. We will see how your boy Pavelec does the rest of this season and in the future. Lehtonen is not my boy, if we had a better option i'd be all for it. It's hard to have a better option thats better than a superstar elite goalie though.

I blamed Anderson when we were winning knowing this would eventually happen. We only won games with some puck luck. Games where Moose kept us in it or games where other teams made Pavelec look good. I knew we wouldn't be a lucky team all season. Anderson was a mistake and is a mistake that needs to be ridded now. I knew the 30-40+ shots per game would catch up....

win win situation again tonight. If we win, we win. If we lose, Andersons chanes of being fired go up. I can see him being fired tomorrow if we lose. If we win tonight we must keep on winning, not win once than lose 5 more. If we don't go atleast 3-1 at home these 4 games than Anderson has to, absolutely has to go.

And if we continue to allow 4 or more goals Anderson definitly has to go. Defense wins games, we will never be a winner with him. Never. Get someone who wants to win and bring defense to this club. No defense = no wins = bottom team = lottery pick = boo.

Old
01-07-2010, 05:24 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Ranger fan here coming in peace. Not sure if it's been said yet but Henrik isn't playing tonight but Chad Johnson is getting his 1st career NHL start. Should be a good one tonight.

Old
01-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Blasto

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Ranger fan here coming in peace. Not sure if it's been said yet but Henrik isn't playing tonight but Chad Johnson is getting his 1st career NHL start. Should be a good one tonight.
I'm sure we'll make him look AMAZING!

Old
01-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Johnny8242

Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
AntroGod in the lineup tonight?

Old
01-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Is the game on radio anywhere?

Old
01-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny8242 View Post
AntroGod in the lineup tonight?
Nope, he is out maybe Saturday as well

Old
01-07-2010, 07:03 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
Is the game on radio anywhere?
1230am in Atlanta
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
01-07-2010, 07:07 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

if we somehow lose to Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson.... i will just be a big

Old
01-07-2010, 07:13 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

unnecessary penalties already. that looked like a good board battle how is that a penalty.

Old
01-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

seriously? christensen is on their top powerplay unit? that's hilarious.

and why the hell is white still out there on the pk? peverley, reasoner, and throburn can all take draws and all have 10 times the defensive ability he does

Old
01-07-2010, 07:27 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Wow come on Schubert no need to be selfish there. Salmela had a wide open look with no one in front of him and instead Schubert takes a shot and it goes into the netting. I know it's a little thing but still.

Bogosian looks great so far.... What a save by ocho

Old
01-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Mr Irrelevant

I have Hedberg in a big fantasy hockey matchup so I'll join you all to cheer him on if you don't mind. I like what I've seen so far.

Who on the Thrashers do I probably not know but should? And who is the popular fan scapegoat (among players, I can already tell the coach is high on the list)?

Old
01-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

"after the save i thought he was gonna whip out a sharpie and sign the crossbar"
"that's funny"

it's only funny because eliot sounded seriously surprised that it was actually kinda funny

Old
01-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irrelevant View Post
I have Hedberg in a big fantasy hockey matchup so I'll join you all to cheer him on if you don't mind. I like what I've seen so far.

Who on the Thrashers do I probably not know but should? And who is the popular fan scapegoat (among players, I can already tell the coach is high on the list)?
Todd White

Old
01-07-2010, 07:36 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:

Enstrom? Bogosian? Kane? Peverley? Afinogenov? You should know them all though lol.

If it was my pick i would say Salmela, whom you probably don't know too much about, i think he has the tools to be a top 4 defensemen.

John Anderson is highest on my list i think he needs to be fired. I also think Pavelec is over rated.

Old
01-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 10 View Post
"after the save i thought he was gonna whip out a sharpie and sign the crossbar"
"that's funny"

it's only funny because eliot sounded seriously surprised that it was actually kinda funny
LMAO i noticed that... the WJC made me miss JP

and WTF Pevs! OPEN NET

Old
01-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:

good but probably don't know about. i would say peverley but we all know about that. i will say that antropov is very underrated as is kubina. enstrom is probably the most underrated defenseman in the eastern conference if not the league.

popular scapegoat seems to be little since he only has 6 goals, but he's been playing as well as anyone just not hitting the back of the net

Old
01-07-2010, 07:43 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Anyone see Enstrom fake a pass to Kovy and froze him so bad that he thought Kovy had the puck and followed him... nice Toby!

I can't believe we couldn't score in that period. Making CJ look like a God in net.

Old
01-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

hahaha even white's own teammates realize he has no business being on special teams. enstrom trying to take him out there

and poor drury, blocking TWO kovy slappers in 20 seconds has to hurt

Old
01-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

i'm fine with 0-0 after one with the way we've been playing the past month. bogosian is forechecking more than our forwards which is kinda strange but overall a solid period

Old
01-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

very solid period, now its a matter of continuing it and actually hitting an empty net

Closed Thread