HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Doughty / Norris Discussion

Old
01-06-2010, 12:55 PM
SMoneyMonkey

vCash: 500
Doughty / Norris Discussion

When do you guys think he will win his first Norris? Ray Bourque won it at 22 and I think Doughty could do the same. He'll probably be in the running for it next year, in fact.

Wanted to see what you guys thought.

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:00 PM
santiclaws

I think he's in the running this year, and will finish in the top ten in voting (and even though it is not supposed to have any bearing, his performance in the Olympics will have a big influence). I think he will be a serious candidate next season and has an outside chance of winning. I agree that if he continues improving as he has, he will be one of the favorites in two seasons - and for ten to fifteen seasons after.

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:06 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
I think he's in the running this year, and will finish in the top ten in voting (and even though it is not supposed to have any bearing, his performance in the Olympics will have a big influence). I think he will be a serious candidate next season and has an outside chance of winning. I agree that if he continues improving as he has, he will be one of the favorites in two seasons - and for ten to fifteen seasons after.
i doubt he plays much in the Olympics if at all, really. if he maintains this level of play for the rest of the year, he should get plenty of consideration.

and if the top offensive players begin to produce more regularly, his numbers will increase and the race could get interesting.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 01:19 PM
KingsCrown

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...id=DL|NHL|home

Drew Doughty, Los Angeles Kings -- Thanks to Doughty's continued excellence (see his selection to Team Canada) the Kings are among the most surprising teams of the season. Doughty has scored 9 goals and 23 assists and is a plus-8 in just over 24 minutes per game.

KingsCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 05:03 PM
FroFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMoneyMonkey View Post
When do you guys think he will win his first Norris? Ray Bourque won it at 22 and I think Doughty could do the same. He'll probably be in the running for it next year, in fact.

Wanted to see what you guys thought.
Similar discussion from a month or so ago: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=713223

In the linked thread, I noted that Borque actually won his first Norris at 26, not 22. Bobby Orr won it at 20.

I think a strong showing in Vancouver will definitely elevate Doughty's profile around the league, and improve his chances of a Norris win in the near future.

FroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
It all depends on Ryan Smyth, Anze Kopitar, and Dustin Brown. If Kopitar maintained even 70% of his production from earlier this season, Doughty would be up amongst Green for the lead.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote