HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Min-Tor

Old
01-06-2010, 04:23 PM
saywut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
I'm not exactly sure a trade here by Min for 25year old stajan would be a rental.

I think that stajan would mesh very well as a long term 2nd line centerman behind koivu. If min trades for stajan they should be looking to lock him up 4-5 years at 2.5-3.5m

Edit: and maybe having all those other players as rentals makes it so that they can recoup the draft pick.
If they are looking at Stajan then it can be in the offseason, not worth giving up an asset for a mediocre 2nd line center and then hoping you can work something out long-term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Toronto fans just want a 1st back, since they've realized that maybe Kessel isn't superman. The Wild are not dealing their 1st, unless it's in some kind of draft day deal.

But, I admit the Wild need another center.

Harding, Ebbett, and Miettinen for Stajan.
I'd much rather just live with Ebbett than have to throw Harding in for a minor upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl2VinceNeil View Post
I know the the Wild need center, put I think the Leafs need to move Blake. I think he could do well with the Wild. Not as much pressure to play in Minnesota as in Toronto. He may just need a change of scenary. And with the Wild playing with a more run and gun style, Blake could succeed. Don't know, just tossing that up. The following proposal may not fit cap wise, but this came up of the top of my head.

To Toronto:
Josh Harding
Annti Miettinen
2nd Round Pick

To Minnesota:
Matt Stajan
Jason Blake
Vesa Toskala
Wouldn't do this from a Wild perspective. Harding is a RFA whereas Toskala is a UFA which is the biggest difference in value, and Blake vs. Miettinen is a wash but Missthenetagain makes less, and 2nd to Stajan as a UFA is still debateable given our terrible prospect group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobermay View Post
Any way we can get Sheppard in the deal?

Dream Proposal... I know its not going to happen... BUT

How about:
To Minny: Matt Stajan, Tomas Kaberle, Ian White
to Toronto: James Sheppard, Brent Burns, ANY SALARY DUMP YOU WANT
Kaberle wouldn't waive his NTC to join the Wild.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 04:35 PM
embracedbias

Doesn't make much sense... unless of course the Leafs allow Minny to have contract talks with Stajan prior to the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
What the hell? Why do we want a 3rd line center when we want a 2nd line center? For a pending UFA when we're not going to make the playoffs?

James Sheppard for Stajan and a 5th maybe.
Stajan is a second line centre. 55 points last year. 30 points in 42 games so far this year (on pace for 57).

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 06:12 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
I think a 2nd +3rd=Matt Stajan.

What would it take to get Josh Harding to Toronto??
from a toronto perspective, Jonas Gustavssons departure..
like it or not, this guy still deserves more time...hes been ok so far...while dealing with 2 heart surgerys, a pulled groin, a foreign country and a new higher calibre of competition.....the guys been through a lot...why so quick to pull the plug?

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 06:13 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
Doesn't make much sense... unless of course the Leafs allow Minny to have contract talks with Stajan prior to the deal.

Stajan is a second line centre. 55 points last year. 30 points in 42 games so far this year (on pace for 57).
playing 1st line minutes....
potential trade partners want to know how he does on 12 mins a night, like he would get on most nhl teams....

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 07:04 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

The original proposal is just lulzy. No way around it. Much like a few of the other ones already made in this very thread.

The reality of the situation is that Minnesota is very much in the same state of mind of Toronto. Both are looking to add picks and prospects to their organization in an attempt to retool the organizations. As has been stated already on this site many times over, Minnesota and Toronto are just not feasible trade partners. Mostly because of the direction of both franchises. And secondarily due to team needs and the players from each that are available.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 06:47 AM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
If they are looking at Stajan then it can be in the offseason, not worth giving up an asset for a mediocre 2nd line center and then hoping you can work something out long-term.

I'd much rather just live with Ebbett than have to throw Harding in for a minor upgrade.

Wouldn't do this from a Wild perspective. Harding is a RFA whereas Toskala is a UFA which is the biggest difference in value, and Blake vs. Miettinen is a wash but Missthenetagain makes less, and 2nd to Stajan as a UFA is still debateable given our terrible prospect group.

Kaberle wouldn't waive his NTC to join the Wild.
Haha. Very Nice

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Stajan's a 2nd line center on the Leafs though, which is like Eric Belanger being a 2nd line center on the Wild. They'd be 3rd liners anywhere else.

About the only thing I could see happening between these two teams is Sheppard for a mid-level prospect. Leafs get a bigger kid who might benefit from a change in scenery and Wild get someone else to rush into the NHL.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Stajan's a 2nd line center on the Leafs though, which is like Eric Belanger being a 2nd line center on the Wild. They'd be 3rd liners anywhere else.

About the only thing I could see happening between these two teams is Sheppard for a mid-level prospect. Leafs get a bigger kid who might benefit from a change in scenery and Wild get someone else to rush into the NHL.
Except they aren't going to do that anymore...

Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote