HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Congratulations!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2010, 08:33 AM
  #1
MAYO
Registered User
 
MAYO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MONTREAL
Country: Canada
Posts: 383
vCash: 500
Congratulations!

I just wanted to take the time to congratulate all my fellow American U.S. Ranger followers on your World Junior Championship. I was torn between cheering for my native Canada and wishing that our three boys on the U.S. team. In the end, as a hockey fan you could not be more delighted at the fact that we got to witness a bloody great game and in the end the best team prevailed. It is a true testimony that the American hockey program is on top of the game in regards to player development. So again, congratulations to all my neighbors south of my border!

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 08:42 AM
  #2
ranger_nick
Registered User
 
ranger_nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
I sort of felt the same way.

I was like what is more important? Canada winning a 6th gold in a row? Or the future rangers getting the experience and confidence they need to succeed as nhl'ers.

In the end I bleed ranger blue before anything else and i am really happy for them.

ranger_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 08:50 AM
  #3
MAYO
Registered User
 
MAYO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MONTREAL
Country: Canada
Posts: 383
vCash: 500
RangerNick, where about in Montreal are you?

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 08:54 AM
  #4
ranger_nick
Registered User
 
ranger_nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
east end

you?

ranger_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 08:57 AM
  #5
MAYO
Registered User
 
MAYO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MONTREAL
Country: Canada
Posts: 383
vCash: 500
West Island...D.D.O. I am actually on the Habs top ten games of all time, I was the loser with the Rangers jersey they kept showing after all our 5 goals when we fell to them 6-5!.....

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 09:01 AM
  #6
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYO View Post
West Island...D.D.O. I am actually on the Habs top ten games of all time, I was the loser with the Rangers jersey they kept showing after all our 5 goals when we fell to them 6-5!.....
How did you wind up being a Rangers fan?

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 09:05 AM
  #7
MAYO
Registered User
 
MAYO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MONTREAL
Country: Canada
Posts: 383
vCash: 500
I have been a Rangers fan for as long as I can remember, my Dad bought me a jersey when I was 4 because I liked it, never looked back. you guys have to understand the war here in Montreal between us english folk and the french, we hate one another and the way the Canadians organization runs their operation it is so freakin' political, french coach, french players....bunch of bull...I am also a huge Giants fan, hence the slight depression I am going through these days!

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 11:23 AM
  #8
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING
 
Carl Hagelins Flow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,232
vCash: 500
It really must have been difficult for Canadians who wanted their country to win yet had favorites they were watching on the USA (and other nations) team wanting to succeed.

I thought the Canuck fans at the venue were very classy to stand up and applaud after the game was over instead of leaving in a mass exodus -- it's hard not to applaud at that game if you are a hockey fan because that was one of the more entertaining games I've seen in awhile.

Was really enjoyable to watch, and I'm super excited about our upcoming boys.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 11:27 AM
  #9
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYO View Post
I have been a Rangers fan for as long as I can remember, my Dad bought me a jersey when I was 4 because I liked it, never looked back. you guys have to understand the war here in Montreal between us english folk and the french, we hate one another and the way the Canadians organization runs their operation it is so freakin' political, french coach, french players....bunch of bull...I am also a huge Giants fan, hence the slight depression I am going through these days!
Hahah... I'll never forget my trip to Montreal in 1999 when I was 19 and walking into a liquor sore near St. Catherine's street and asking the clerk for a "Case Of Budweiser" and him looking at me like I had 3 heads..... It's definitely weird not knowing who speaks French only and who understands English.

I'm dying to get back up to Montreal and would LOVE to see a game up there.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 11:35 AM
  #10
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsBlueforNYR View Post
It really must have been difficult for Canadians who wanted their country to win yet had favorites they were watching on the USA (and other nations) team wanting to succeed.

I thought the Canuck fans at the venue were very classy to stand up and applaud after the game was over instead of leaving in a mass exodus -- it's hard not to applaud at that game if you are a hockey fan because that was one of the more entertaining games I've seen in awhile.

Was really enjoyable to watch, and I'm super excited about our upcoming boys.
Couldn't agree more. There's something about international competitions that brings out the best in the fanbases. I suppose it also helps when all of the players are young, hungry guys who play their hearts out.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 05:59 PM
  #11
ranger_nick
Registered User
 
ranger_nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYO View Post
West Island...D.D.O. I am actually on the Habs top ten games of all time, I was the loser with the Rangers jersey they kept showing after all our 5 goals when we fell to them 6-5!.....
haha i am so happy i did not go to that game. I use to go to the games, but i ain't going anymore cause i just can't take habs fans. They are up there with pens fans as the most annoying hockey fans. i Was at the game last season when we lost 6-2 to the habs and some stupid kid had a vote for kovalev sign and was blocking my view. i was praying someone would get a hat trick so i could whip my cap at him.

ranger_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 06:01 PM
  #12
ranger_nick
Registered User
 
ranger_nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
brian leetch was my reason for falling for the rangers.

ranger_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.