HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Congratulations!

Old
01-06-2010, 08:33 AM
MAYO

vCash: 500
Congratulations!

I just wanted to take the time to congratulate all my fellow American U.S. Ranger followers on your World Junior Championship. I was torn between cheering for my native Canada and wishing that our three boys on the U.S. team. In the end, as a hockey fan you could not be more delighted at the fact that we got to witness a bloody great game and in the end the best team prevailed. It is a true testimony that the American hockey program is on top of the game in regards to player development. So again, congratulations to all my neighbors south of my border!

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 08:42 AM
ranger_nick

I sort of felt the same way.

I was like what is more important? Canada winning a 6th gold in a row? Or the future rangers getting the experience and confidence they need to succeed as nhl'ers.

In the end I bleed ranger blue before anything else and i am really happy for them.

ranger_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 08:50 AM
MAYO

RangerNick, where about in Montreal are you?

Old
01-06-2010, 08:54 AM
ranger_nick

east end

you?

Old
01-06-2010, 08:57 AM
MAYO

West Island...D.D.O. I am actually on the Habs top ten games of all time, I was the loser with the Rangers jersey they kept showing after all our 5 goals when we fell to them 6-5!.....

Old
01-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYO View Post
West Island...D.D.O. I am actually on the Habs top ten games of all time, I was the loser with the Rangers jersey they kept showing after all our 5 goals when we fell to them 6-5!.....
How did you wind up being a Rangers fan?

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 09:05 AM
MAYO

I have been a Rangers fan for as long as I can remember, my Dad bought me a jersey when I was 4 because I liked it, never looked back. you guys have to understand the war here in Montreal between us english folk and the french, we hate one another and the way the Canadians organization runs their operation it is so freakin' political, french coach, french players....bunch of bull...I am also a huge Giants fan, hence the slight depression I am going through these days!

Old
01-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

It really must have been difficult for Canadians who wanted their country to win yet had favorites they were watching on the USA (and other nations) team wanting to succeed.

I thought the Canuck fans at the venue were very classy to stand up and applaud after the game was over instead of leaving in a mass exodus -- it's hard not to applaud at that game if you are a hockey fan because that was one of the more entertaining games I've seen in awhile.

Was really enjoyable to watch, and I'm super excited about our upcoming boys.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 11:27 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
I have been a Rangers fan for as long as I can remember, my Dad bought me a jersey when I was 4 because I liked it, never looked back. you guys have to understand the war here in Montreal between us english folk and the french, we hate one another and the way the Canadians organization runs their operation it is so freakin' political, french coach, french players....bunch of bull...I am also a huge Giants fan, hence the slight depression I am going through these days!
Hahah... I'll never forget my trip to Montreal in 1999 when I was 19 and walking into a liquor sore near St. Catherine's street and asking the clerk for a "Case Of Budweiser" and him looking at me like I had 3 heads..... It's definitely weird not knowing who speaks French only and who understands English.

I'm dying to get back up to Montreal and would LOVE to see a game up there.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 11:35 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsBlueforNYR View Post
It really must have been difficult for Canadians who wanted their country to win yet had favorites they were watching on the USA (and other nations) team wanting to succeed.

I thought the Canuck fans at the venue were very classy to stand up and applaud after the game was over instead of leaving in a mass exodus -- it's hard not to applaud at that game if you are a hockey fan because that was one of the more entertaining games I've seen in awhile.

Was really enjoyable to watch, and I'm super excited about our upcoming boys.
Couldn't agree more. There's something about international competitions that brings out the best in the fanbases. I suppose it also helps when all of the players are young, hungry guys who play their hearts out.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 05:59 PM
ranger_nick

Quote:
haha i am so happy i did not go to that game. I use to go to the games, but i ain't going anymore cause i just can't take habs fans. They are up there with pens fans as the most annoying hockey fans. i Was at the game last season when we lost 6-2 to the habs and some stupid kid had a vote for kovalev sign and was blocking my view. i was praying someone would get a hat trick so i could whip my cap at him.

Old
01-06-2010, 06:01 PM
ranger_nick

brian leetch was my reason for falling for the rangers.