HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-pit

Old
01-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Cliff O Malley

vCash: 500
Van-pit

I proposed this last year and got mixed responses so I figured to try it again.

To PIT: Mason Raymond

To VAN: Alex Goligoski

Raymond is breaking out this year where as Gogo started out really hot but has fizzled as of late. This might need some tweaking but overall I think its a good starting point. Flame away!

Cliff O Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 11:23 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff O Malley View Post

Raymond is breaking out this year where as Gogo started out really hot but has fizzled as of late. This might need some tweaking but overall I think its a good starting point. Flame away!
I wouldn't do it and I doubt Vancouver fans would with Raymond breaking out. Value doesn't seem too bad though. Nucks have a lot of wingers so they might be good trading partners for the Pens.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 11:29 AM
doglover8891
rajinikanthfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff O Malley View Post

keep alex goligoski we dont want him at all we love mason raymond hes getting better and better every season if you want raymond so bad it will cost you a draft pick how about i do it better

to pitsburgh

bieksa
hodgson
schneider
raymond
grabner
kesler

to vancouver

malkin
gonchar
second round pick

doglover8891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 11:30 AM
bobbyb2009

Why do this? Only because Pittsburg wants a young blazing fast winger who is on pace to score 30 G in his 3rd year? I don't understand the motivation for Vancouver to move him?

bobbyb2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 11:32 AM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Yeah this deal isn't very tempting any more.

Raymond is tied for 20th in the league in goal scoring, and Vancouver doesn't really need more offensive defensemen.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsrules View Post
keep alex goligoski we dont want him at all we love mason raymond hes getting better and better every season if you want raymond so bad it will cost you a draft pick how about i do it better

to pitsburgh

bieksa
hodgson
schneider
raymond
grabner
kesler

to vancouver

malkin
gonchar
second round pick
The Penguins won the cup as the Pens, not the Canucks.

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 11:33 AM
wej20

Quote:

to pitsburgh

bieksa
hodgson
schneider
raymond
grabner
kesler

to vancouver

malkin
gonchar
second round pick
Just No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyb2009 View Post
Why do this? Only because Pittsburg wants a young blazing fast winger who is on pace to score 30 G in his 3rd year? I don't understand the motivation for Vancouver to move him?
It's Pittburgh. The Value is pretty good but maybe it doesn't fill a need.

Old
01-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Sidney the Kidney
Epic Collapse

vCash: 1000
Quote:

to pitsburgh

bieksa
hodgson
schneider
raymond
grabner
kesler

to vancouver

malkin
gonchar
second round pick
Yeah, that proposal sure does address the lack of a scoring winger for Malkin's line.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 11:37 AM
letsgopens58

raymond has really done well this year but id be more inclined to hang onto goligoski with gonchars future up in the air. if letang were playing better and gonch locked in a low cap hit deal (3.5-4.5) then maybe the pens would look into this deal. im not interested in giving up next years PPQB for potential flash in the pan winger.

letsgopens58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 11:40 AM
bobbyb2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Just No.

It's Pittburgh. The Value is pretty good but maybe it doesn't fill a need.
The value is not good, from my perspective, but who cares. You made my point for me, there is no reason anymore for the Canucks to go looking for offensive defensemen- that ship has passed, and so has the one where we offer Raymond for other teams prospects.

Importantly:
It always makes me laugh when the english police come out- lol. I have a degree with a minor in english, and I, like the rest of us, make mistakes all the time... occasionally on purpose even, but more often just a typo or not spell check- c'est la vie.

Question for you, does the word "Value" in your last sentence start with a capital V on purpose?

Old
01-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Cliff O Malley

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgopens58 View Post
raymond has really done well this year but id be more inclined to hang onto goligoski with gonchars future up in the air. if letang were playing better and gonch locked in a low cap hit deal (3.5-4.5) then maybe the pens would look into this deal. im not interested in giving up next years PPQB for potential flash in the pan winger.
Thats not a fair statement at all. If Raymond is a "potential flash in the pan" then Goligoski is a has that exact same potential. In no way is Gogo already penciled in to lead our PP next year.

Old
01-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Cliff O Malley

Quote:
The value is not good, from my perspective, but who cares. You made my point for me, there is no reason anymore for the Canucks to go looking for offensive defensemen- that ship has passed, and so has the one where we offer Raymond for other teams prospects.

Importantly:
It always makes me laugh when the english police come out- lol. I have a degree with a minor in english, and I, like the rest of us, make mistakes all the time... occasionally on purpose even, but more often just a typo or not spell check- c'est la vie.

Question for you, does the word "Value" in your last sentence start with a capital V on purpose?
Ha That must be Goligoski new nickname Gogo is new The Value.

Old
01-07-2010, 11:47 AM
wej20

Quote:

Importantly:

Goligoski has is an NHL regular not a prospect. You said we could have Raymond for a draft pick? Goligoski is worth more than any draft pick apart from a top 10/15 First Rounder. I have two English degrees so . Vancouver Fans, which winger(s) could be available in the Summer?

Last edited by wej20: 01-07-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old
01-07-2010, 11:48 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

I'd have done this deal a year ago... now it's impossible to justify, given how valuable Raymond has been. He is a key part of the team's 2nd line now.

Raymond has surprised me a lot this year... I didn't know he was able to be as consistent as he has... and he's not just a flashy speedster - he's solid 2-way player that has been maybe the team's 2nd best PP player this year after Ehrhoff - or even arguably their best on the PP, while able to contribute on the PK and provide that secondary scoring on the 2nd line.

He's also got excellent chemistry with Kesler as well.

There is just no reason to move Raymond at this point... I think you're more likely to see Grabner dealt, though he's also had a solid year this year both in the NHL and AHL and looks to be a big part of this team's future as well.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 11:50 AM
sparxx87

Quote:

to pitsburgh

bieksa
hodgson
schneider
raymond
grabner
kesler

to vancouver

malkin
gonchar
second round pick
your kidding right?
that move would HURT both teams

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 12:00 PM
jabberhockey

I would have liked this deal last year when the Canucks badly needed a powerplay quarterback and Raymond was an enigma. However, at the time, I couldn't have predicted Raymond's stellar play so far this season. I still like Goligoski, but Raymond is simply not on the market! Sometimes I'm glad I'm not in Gillis' shoes.

jabberhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

We can't move Goligoski at least until we find out how much it's going to take to re-sign both Letang and maybe Gonchar. Goligoski is one of the two D men signed for next season, along with Orpik. Bad timing on this proposal.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 12:06 PM
bobbyb2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Goligoski has is an NHL regular not a prospect. You said we could have Raymond for a draft pick? Goligoski is worth more than any draft pick apart from a top 10/15 First Rounder. I have two English degrees so . Vancouver Fans, which winger(s) could be available in the Summer?
To be more clear, in referring to Raymond for prospects, I was speaking of earlier discussions, pre-season. At that time, "The Value Goligoski" had played a total of 48 NHL games (albiet impressively) and split time in the previous season between the NHL and the AHL- I would call that a prospect (a very good one, but still a prospect).

I would not move Raymond at this point- he is becoming a special player for us. Of course, never say never, the right package and anyone gets moved.

BTW, I never stated that I wanted to move Raymond for a pick?

As for your two English degrees- wow. Seriously, congrats! I had a tough time sitting through to 12 English courses I had to take for my first degree, never mind doing two degrees worth of an Engliush centered program- yikes.

Old
01-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Vote for Rory

no! I just bought my Raymond jersey. Been waiting for a couple years to do it. Finally!!

Vote for Rory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 12:13 PM
bobbyb2009

[QUOTE=wej20;23058840]Goligoski has is an NHL regular not a prospect. You said we could have Raymond for a draft pick? Goligoski is worth more than any draft pick apart from a top 10/15 First Rounder. I have two English degrees so . Vancouver Fans, which winger(s) could be available in the Summer?[/QUOTE]

That is a tough one to predict...

It goes without saying that any player is available (within the rules) given a nice enough package.

However, I think that the following players could be moved in the right deal in the off season:
- Hansen
- Shirokov
- Schroeder
- Bernier
- Maybe Grabner (doubt it... he is slotted into a top 6 role next year and appears ready to break out)
- Maybe Sammuelsson (doubt it too...because Gilis doesn't seemt to like moving recently signed UFA's)

These are not players most would want to see moved, just that one or two could be moved to create a more balanced line-up in a deal that returns something of quality.

I don't see Burrows, Raymond, or Daniel Sedin being moved.

Old
01-07-2010, 12:23 PM
JTG

Quote:

to pitsburgh

bieksa
hodgson
schneider
raymond
grabner
kesler

to vancouver

malkin
gonchar
second round pick
Why is it when someone puts, "how about I do it better" in their post, what ensues usually follows these guidelines?

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Iron Proficient

Raymond would look great in our top 6 right now, butI still wouldn`t trade our future PP QB who`s already putting up points at a great pace and (here`s the kicker) SIGNED FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS AT UNDER 2 MIL for an impending FA.

Wouldn`t be smart cap management for the Pens.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Bad timing with Gogo struggling lately and Raymond on fire. However, overall and in the long-term it's a pretty even deal. Gogo & Raymond are the same age. I think their ceilings are probably similar. Raymond has 30 points this season. Gogo has 20 points and has played 9 less games than Raymond. It's very even. I guess it just depends on need. I don't see this one happening. Neither team needs the other player bad enough to make this deal.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
I guess it's safe to say that......everybody loves Raymond.

Let me guess, I'm the 23402348th guy to make that joke?

Had to do it.

01-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
If anything the Canuck need more of a defensively oriented blue liner with Bieksa out and Salo showing his age to take some pressure off Mitchell. Edler and Ehrhoff handle the offense well enough on the back end that moving Raymond for another offensive defenseman makes little sense from an organizational stand point; though I do like Goligoski.

Bobby Lou is online now   Reply With Quote