HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Van-pit

Old
01-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Steamer

vCash: 500
. I have two English degrees so . Vancouver Fans, which winger(s) could be available in the Summer?[/QUOTE]

As Miles Davis would have said "SO WHAT!"

Steamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 02:40 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyb2009 View Post

That is a tough one to predict...

It goes without saying that any player is available (within the rules) given a nice enough package.

However, I think that the following players could be moved in the right deal in the off season:
- Hansen
- Shirokov
- Schroeder
- Bernier
- Maybe Grabner (doubt it... he is slotted into a top 6 role next year and appears ready to break out)
- Maybe Sammuelsson (doubt it too...because Gilis doesn't seemt to like moving recently signed UFA's)

These are not players most would want to see moved, just that one or two could be moved to create a more balanced line-up in a deal that returns something of quality.

I don't see Burrows, Raymond, or Daniel Sedin being moved.
Beriner and Hansen would be intriguing, what would the Nucks want for each of them respectively?

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 02:54 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Beriner and Hansen would be intriguing, what would the Nucks want for each of them respectively?
for Bernier I'd like to see a player like Gogo coming back... it'd be difficult to move him because he is really the only physical presence the Canucks have on their wings in the top9.

For Hansen, a similar young dman or center. The Canucks are stacked on the wings, and that's the only reason why Hansen would even be moveable. I'd move him if we can get a similar player (someone who's either AHL or bottom-6 level right now, but would have 2nd line upside) that addresses a positional need (center or defense).

Not sure who the Pens have that describes that - although I'm sure they have a few such assets, as most teams would.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 02:59 PM
letsgopens58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff O Malley View Post
Thats not a fair statement at all. If Raymond is a "potential flash in the pan" then Goligoski is a has that exact same potential. In no way is Gogo already penciled in to lead our PP next year.
i agree with you...goligoski is in the same boat. my point was, goligoski has more value to the pens right now and next year--esp. if gonchar is gone after this season. we'll have a greater need for gogo than raymond after this year. if gogo isn't the successor to gonchar on the PP, who would you suggest?

letsgopens58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 03:03 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgopens58 View Post
i agree with you...goligoski is in the same boat. my point was, goligoski has more value to the pens right now and next year--esp. if gonchar is gone after this season. we'll have a greater need for gogo than raymond after this year. if gogo isn't the successor to gonchar on the PP, who would you suggest?
A free agent. I'm not so sure Letang or Goligoski are the answer to Gonchar on the powerplay at this point in time.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 03:07 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
for Bernier I'd like to see a player like Gogo coming back... it'd be difficult to move him because he is really the only physical presence the Canucks have on their wings in the top9.

For Hansen, a similar young dman or center. The Canucks are stacked on the wings, and that's the only reason why Hansen would even be moveable. I'd move him if we can get a similar player (someone who's either AHL or bottom-6 level right now, but would have 2nd line upside) that addresses a positional need (center or defense).

Not sure who the Pens have that describes that - although I'm sure they have a few such assets, as most teams would.
I don't think we can move Gogo with the uncertainty with Letang and Gonchar and the fact that his contract is looking great even with his recent dip in play. For Hansen I'd offer one of Lovejoy, Strait, Sneep or Bortuzzo and CPZ. Strait and Bortuzzo both need another year in the AHL but Lovejoy could be a 7th right now and a bottom pairing guy in the NHL next year. CPZ has top 6 upside but he's got a long way to go.

Old
01-07-2010, 03:25 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
I don't think we can move Gogo with the uncertainty with Letang and Gonchar and the fact that his contract is looking great even with his recent dip in play. For Hansen I'd offer one of Lovejoy, Strait, Sneep or Bortuzzo and CPZ. Strait and Bortuzzo both need another year in the AHL but Lovejoy could be a 7th right now and a bottom pairing guy in the NHL next year. CPZ has top 6 upside but he's got a long way to go.
I think that's fair value for Hansen.

The Canucks will probably have to let Hansen go for cheap. I know many fellow Canuck fans do not want to see him traded, but I can't see him fitting in with the options the team has.

One of the other problems with him is that he's a right handed shot - which is something the team needs on defense - especially in their prospect pool, but IMO that right handed shot is also keeping him out of the current lineup because of Gillis overloading with right handed player recently, and AV seems to not like playing his right handers on the left wing (despite Hansen having played very well there in the past).

I think this is one of those AV preferences overall. He loves Rypien and will play him ahead of Hansen on the 4th line... and the team already has Bernier on the 3rd line, with Samuelsson on the 2nd.

If Hansen was a left handed shot, IMO he would have been on the 3rd line left wing a long time ago, with Glass moved to the 4th line. It may seem like an odd thing that pushes him down the depth chart, but it seems obvious to me that that's just how AV likes to have his lines set.

And with several young wingers in the pipeline, it just makes Hansen expendable IMO.

Old
01-07-2010, 03:34 PM
wej20

Quote:
I think that's fair value for Hansen.

The Canucks will probably have to let Hansen go for cheap. I know many fellow Canuck fans do not want to see him traded, but I can't see him fitting in with the options the team has.

One of the other problems with him is that he's a right handed shot - which is something the team needs on defense - especially in their prospect pool, but IMO that right handed shot is also keeping him out of the current lineup because of Gillis overloading with right handed player recently, and AV seems to not like playing his right handers on the left wing (despite Hansen having played very well there in the past).

I think this is one of those AV preferences overall. He loves Rypien and will play him ahead of Hansen on the 4th line... and the team already has Bernier on the 3rd line, with Samuelsson on the 2nd.

If Hansen was a left handed shot, IMO he would have been on the 3rd line left wing a long time ago, with Glass moved to the 4th line. It may seem like an odd thing that pushes him down the depth chart, but it seems obvious to me that that's just how AV likes to have his lines set.

And with several young wingers in the pipeline, it just makes Hansen expendable IMO.
What do you think Hansen's upside is? Second/Third Liner tweener or does he have legit second line upside?

Old
01-07-2010, 03:38 PM
bobo

kesler is a physical player in the top 9

bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 03:40 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo View Post
kesler is a physical player in the top 9
read what he wrote again.

Old
01-07-2010, 04:03 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
What do you think Hansen's upside is? Second/Third Liner tweener or does he have legit second line upside?
personally, I think he's got legit 2nd line potential.

He's a good 2-way winger, that is already developed enough defensively to play a regular role in the NHL and help a team on the PK. His work ethic is unquestionable, and he's even dropped his gloves before to stand up for a teammate (you might remember this as it happened against the Pens IIRC)... he's a great team guy overall.

I think he just needs a chance somewhere to play a regular role in a top-9. IMO he easily has 20 goal potential and would not be surprised to see him hit 25 goals either in his prime years, while providing a solid defensive presence and speed in the lineup.

the only reason why I'd deal him at this point is because he just doesn't have a fit on a team that is deep on the wing, especially on the right side.

Old
01-07-2010, 05:48 PM
K2B
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
It works value wise but neither team does it.

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote for Rory View Post
no! I just bought my Raymond jersey. Been waiting for a couple years to do it. Finally!!
I swear, I remember a couple years ago I was like.. The only guy with a Raymond jersey at Canucks games haha (maybe not the ONLY, but you get the idea).

Now when I goto a game there's so many more people that have him too. Kind of shows you how populair he is becoming in Vancouver with his play; I wish there was some log that kept track of how many of each player's jerseys are sold or something like that. Would be interesting to see.

Next jersey I get is gonna be a Grabner jersey. I like taking chances on potential trade bait, kinda like with Raymond 2 years ago

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Cliff O Malley

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgopens58 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
A free agent. I'm not so sure Letang or Goligoski are the answer to Gonchar on the powerplay at this point in time.
Yea..pretty much this.

Cliff O Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:03 AM
Laterade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
If anything the Canuck need more of a defensively oriented blue liner with Bieksa out and Salo showing his age to take some pressure off Mitchell. Edler and Ehrhoff handle the offense well enough on the back end that moving Raymond for another offensive defenseman makes little sense from an organizational stand point; though I do like Goligoski.
Brad Lukowich?

Laterade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:10 AM
Diamonddog01

Quote:
personally, I think he's got legit 2nd line potential.

He's a good 2-way winger, that is already developed enough defensively to play a regular role in the NHL and help a team on the PK. His work ethic is unquestionable, and he's even dropped his gloves before to stand up for a teammate (you might remember this as it happened against the Pens IIRC)... he's a great team guy overall.

I think he just needs a chance somewhere to play a regular role in a top-9. IMO he easily has 20 goal potential and would not be surprised to see him hit 25 goals either in his prime years, while providing a solid defensive presence and speed in the lineup.

the only reason why I'd deal him at this point is because he just doesn't have a fit on a team that is deep on the wing, especially on the right side.
I think 2nd line is a tad optimistic, but I agree he has a great work ethic and has shown some great flashes so who knows. I definitely see him as a very good 3rd line player down the road, also a 20-25 goal guy with speed, a bit of sandpaper and a very good two-way game. I'd like to see him moved for a 3rd line/4th line centre of a similar age and upside personally.

Diamonddog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:35 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 566
[QUOTE=bobbyb2009;23059268]
Quote:
Goligoski has is an NHL regular not a prospect. You said we could have Raymond for a draft pick? Goligoski is worth more than any draft pick apart from a top 10/15 First Rounder. I have two English degrees so . Vancouver Fans, which winger(s) could be available in the Summer?[/QUOTE]

That is a tough one to predict...

It goes without saying that any player is available (within the rules) given a nice enough package.

However, I think that the following players could be moved in the right deal in the off season:
- Hansen
- Shirokov
- Schroeder

- Bernier
- Maybe Grabner (doubt it... he is slotted into a top 6 role next year and appears ready to break out)
- Maybe Sammuelsson (doubt it too...because Gilis doesn't seemt to like moving recently signed UFA's)

These are not players most would want to see moved, just that one or two could be moved to create a more balanced line-up in a deal that returns something of quality.

I don't see Burrows, Raymond, or Daniel Sedin being moved.
Those 2 are not going anywhere. It took a lot of work to get Shiro over here, I don't see Gillis trading him. And Schroeder is untouchable.

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:38 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
I think 2nd line is a tad optimistic, but I agree he has a great work ethic and has shown some great flashes so who knows. I definitely see him as a very good 3rd line player down the road, also a 20-25 goal guy with speed, a bit of sandpaper and a very good two-way game. I'd like to see him moved for a 3rd line/4th line centre of a similar age and upside personally.
a 20-25 goal scorer in the NHL is a legit 2nd liner. And especially when you throw in the "bit of sandpaper and a very good two-way game".

20-25 goals will put him somewhere in the top 120 forwards in the game. Last season 36 left wingers had 20 or more goals... 38 right wingers hit that same total or more. Basically 20-25 goals puts you near the top of 2nd line winger production in the NHL.

Every one of them, with the debatable exceptions of Armstrong and maybe Hagman are considered top-6 wingers... and those two played top-6 roles on their respective teams when they hit those totals.

Old
01-08-2010, 01:07 AM
Lord of Light
R + L = Lightbringer

No from a canucks POV. Valuewise it is similar, but I think if this team was to do a trade that involves any of our valuable players, I'd like to see a smart defenseman that can log big minutes and a good presence defensively

Goliogoski is not what we need when we have ehrhoff, edler, salo, bieksa, schneider

Lord of Light is offline   Reply With Quote