Notices

Bruins Appreciation thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2004, 07:21 AM
KC23

vCash: 500
Bruins Appreciation thread

I as still recover from last nights loss I thought it would be great to focus on some of the positives of the season. Even though it was a huge loss for the Bruins nation there a few positives that can be found.

Andrew Raycroft- he played incredible for most of the season and the playoffs. While other goalies may be doing the diving save, or flashy catch, Razor was there and squared up. Some times he made it look to easy. What a rookie year!

Joe Thorton - is a warrior, he has to listen to alot of junk, but he played through it all. He could have easily packed his bags in and called it a season. He didn't, and last night, to lay the hits on the Canadiens that he did was truly amazing. I am proud to be a Bruin fan

All the new additions really helped Boston at the end of the regular season, and we could write about them for a while.

But how about our unsung heros, Ted Donato, a man who who was like the energizer bunny all season. He kept going and going. He went to practices early, stayed late, worked with the younger guys. Thank you Ted.

And Doug Doull, gosh, I loved watching him fight. You energized the crowd and your teammates without a complaint.

And Boynton has developed into a great defensemen...the list could go on.

But overall, even with the loss, I am still proud to be a Bruin fan. They aren't cheap shot artists, actors or primadonnas. They play the game with class, and for that I am proud to be a Bruin fan.

Old
04-20-2004, 07:53 AM
Mad-Marcus

Yes I'm proud to be a B's fan, and have a long history(38 years) of sticking by them and growing back a new heart after each year of having it ripped out.

I will always watch them, they are my team!

But this year's hurt is only surpassed by the 70-71 which was one of the greatest teams in any sport to be bounced in the first round. Again by the dreaded HABS. I thought we'd at least get to the conference finals. Joe is a tough kid to play, taking a needle every game. No of us could do that any better.

Oh well lets see what happens with the CBA. We are supposedly positioned well to deal with the impending cap, and I do believe the sport needs one to survive. Give the players UFA after 26 in exchange for a cap. Go to a buyout policy that will force players to perform for their money(right now it's at like 60% of a contracts worth). Football really does it the best. All teams get rich, players work for their non guaranteed money, get freedom to move, and slackers go walking.

Old
04-20-2004, 09:32 AM
BruinsGirl

We lost the series but had a great season to remember.

I am somewhat glad that finally we know who we should keep and who should we not sign.

I think if B's management will be smart(and looks like it's improving alot) they will build this team around great young guys we have here.

Thornton, Samsonov, Boynton, Bergeron, Raycroft etc are very good guys to have around.

I hope they also will improve prospect forward depth.

Please sign Nylander!!!

Old
04-20-2004, 10:24 AM
HockeyGoddess

Some bright spots for me from this season:

Patrice Bergeron -- the kid was absolutely great to watch from the very first time I saw him in training camp right up until the very end of the season last night. He has so much potential, his heady play with and without the puck is something you don't see in 18 year old kids very often.

Andrew Raycroft -- I knew Andrew had it in him to be the Bruins' #1 goaltender this season, although he surpassed even my own expectations at how well he would do this season. The kid has gotten better each season he's been a pro, and I am thrilled beyond words how well he held up this season when he had a LOT of detractors/doubters initially.

Sergei Samsonov -- He suffered through some injuries again this season, but once he came back healthy in the latter part of the season, he turned things up a notch and really started making an impact (in the regular season and most assuredly in the playoffs).

Michael Nylander -- This guy is a gem and I sincerely hope the Bruins re-sign him. He's crafty and elusive with the puck and he's a really nice complement to whoever he's on a line with.

Sergei Gonchar -- He was a good pick-up as well and I hope the B's re-sign him too. When he's healthy, he's an offensive force to be reckoned with, and he's nowhere near as defensively deficient as so many folks would like us to believe.

Travis Green and Martin Lapointe stepping things up in the playoffs. They both stepped up their games a great deal once the playoffs began, and during the regular season, they offered up pretty much what I expected they would.

Nick Boynton -- It was good to see Nick settle down after the first little while. His play improved a great deal as the season wore on, and he was solid in the playoffs.

Closed Thread