HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs fans and team deserve respect

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2004, 08:38 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Habs fans and team deserve respect

I was at the games 1,2, and 7 and give the Habs kudos. They imo were the better team. I thought the Bruins outplayed them a bit last night- but not overwhelmingly by any means- but would give the Habs the points overall if not keeping score by goals. I am not going to be a Bruins fan adopting the Bolts vs the Habs. Trust me, I want to see the Bruins kick the beejeezus out of you jerks next season but I'm rooting for the Habs. Heck, I feel like I know them better than any team but Boston. It got to the point I know all the Hab lines, moves, you name it. I was very impressed with Claude Julien as a couch and the way the Habs played overall. I don't care what any experts say- the Habs can be in any series imo. If Kovalev stays focused he's an elite world class forward- an absolute homerun hitter. I just wish Ribeiro was likeable like a a Pierre Mondou or Keith Acton- I can't stand the guy. You guys probably didn't see it but my favorite play of the game last night was when Dagenais was being hassled on the face off circle by about 5 or 6 guys in the first two rows and when he was getting ready for the faceoff went over and used the butt end of his stick to give a few whacks to the glass to knock their beers off. Me and my buddy caught it and the look on those guys face was first shock followed by utter anger (hey, at $5.50 a 16 oz beer that could ruin not only a pair of pants but 'its really all about the beer ) I must report I believe all the beer was saved but there appeared to be some anxious moments...

I also thought the vast majority of Habs posters showed not only great hockey knowledge but even dying with game 4 were able to have some humor or atleast remain level headed. You guys were and still are great reads....and do I think the Habs will win? probably not, BUT they are good and why not? If Theodore plays well and the first line plays like they did against Boston I can see it. I'll be rooting for you guys until you get to Calgary- I've adopted them. Until then- keep it lose, it is a game, keep your sense of humors and good luck; I really believe the Habs can beat the Bolts if they can shut down St Louis and Richards and I think they can.

Old
04-20-2004, 08:43 PM
Perry91502

From another Bruins fan, I send you boys the same message as DKH. I was at games 1,2,5,7, and had some interesting hockey conversation with some MTL fans near me in my section (I have season tix). However, there was one annoying MTL fan one row down from me last night with a big sign that read "GO RDS, GO HABS GO!"...He held the sign up all night, and half the time I couldnt see! Anway, what is RDS? a TV station?? Thats what I assumed....

Old
04-20-2004, 08:47 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Yeah. RDS is the french version of TSN.

I think it's safe to assume that the world is coming to and end.. Two B's fans wishing us luck against Bolts! Incredible.

Good class there, guys. I know I wouldn't cheer for the B's even if my life depended on it Great series, though. I hope Bolts/Habs is half as intense..

Old
04-20-2004, 08:47 PM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
I was very impressed with Claude Julien as a couch
:lol

Old
04-20-2004, 08:49 PM
chicpea*

Holy Zhitnik that is pretty funny about Dags and the beer incident! Thanks for the great post - Calgary is an admirable team to chose for sure.

Old
04-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Perry91502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Yeah. RDS is the french version of TSN.

I think it's safe to assume that the world is coming to and end.. Two B's fans wishing us luck against Bolts! Incredible.

Good class there, guys. I know I wouldn't cheer for the B's even if my life depended on it Great series, though. I hope Bolts/Habs is half as intense..
Thanks for the info!

I think that Habs v. Bolts has the potential to be a great series. I think that the two teams matchup very well, and 'Bulin vs. Theo could prove to be a bigger battle than Rayzor v. Theo. I have adopted Calgary however, and I want them to win it all haha. Hey at least Im not adopting the leafs!!! Thats one thing we can both agree on...too bad theyre winning right now!

Old
04-20-2004, 08:51 PM
Kerberos*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry91502
Thanks for the info!

I think that Habs v. Bolts has the potential to be a great series. I think that the two teams matchup very well, and 'Bulin vs. Theo could prove to be a bigger battle than Rayzor v. Theo. I have adopted Calgary however, and I want them to win it all haha. Hey at least Im not adopting the leafs!!! Thats one thing we can both agree on...too bad theyre winning right now!
Hey, I'd love to beat them in the eastern finals so it's all for the best...

Old
04-20-2004, 08:52 PM
Perry91502

I forgot to add this...Let me ask you Hab fans a question..would you take Joe Thornton on your team??? Because there are a lot of Bruins fans right now that want to run him out of town because of his play this series, and I totally disagree...He played with torn rib cartlidge, an injury that kept Samsonov, and Travis Green both out 7 weeks this year, and he rested 6 days. I think that he showed a TON of heart and determination just dressing in this series...opinions? thanks in advance...

Old
04-20-2004, 08:53 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Would I take Joe Thornton on my team? LOL! **** yes!

Old
04-20-2004, 08:54 PM
Perry91502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Would I take Joe Thornton on my team? LOL! **** yes!
THANK YOU!!! hahaha, I cant believe that the Boston papers, and media, and not to mention some fans want him out of here because of ONE playoff series that he was playing at 50% if that....

Old
04-20-2004, 08:57 PM
Wildbeliefs

I would definitely take Thornton on my team... he's a great player; I just thought he was misused during the PO.

Old
04-20-2004, 09:00 PM
Habsolution

It might sound crazy but I'd not take Thornton above Koivu. Call it the homer's choice of the week. I just wouldn't.

Old
04-20-2004, 09:02 PM
Wildbeliefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
It might sound crazy but I'd not take Thornton above Koivu. Call it the homer's choice of the week. I just wouldn't.
Mmm.. no.. I wouldn't do that either, but that's because I love Koivu.

I for one am a greedy sob and would want both on my team. Line 1 and 1a.

Old
04-20-2004, 09:04 PM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbeliefs
Mmm.. no.. I wouldn't do that either, but that's because I love Koivu.

I for one am a greedy sob and would want both on my team. Line 1 and 1a.
We'd be quite dangerous with such a duo.

Old
04-20-2004, 09:06 PM
Kerberos*

I'd take Thornton on my 3rd or 4th line. He might be a good energy guy to throw out much like Begin although Begin has more heart.

Old
04-20-2004, 09:11 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos
Hey, I'd love to beat them in the eastern finals so it's all for the best...
With the way Belfour's playing that'll be easier said than done for any team. I have never been that impressed by him, but good grief has he put on a show this series! Unbelievable. The Leafs would be out 4-1 if not for him.

Oh, and yes, I'd take Thornton any day of the week. I posted this over there all through the series and all the B's fans were griping about him. I couldn't figure it out. The guy was obviously in a tonne of pain but a lot of them couldn't realise this until today's public diagnosis.

Old
04-20-2004, 09:33 PM
Perry91502

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
With the way Belfour's playing that'll be easier said than done for any team. I have never been that impressed by him, but good grief has he put on a show this series! Unbelievable. The Leafs would be out 4-1 if not for him.

Oh, and yes, I'd take Thornton any day of the week. I posted this over there all through the series and all the B's fans were griping about him. I couldn't figure it out. The guy was obviously in a tonne of pain but a lot of them couldn't realise this until today's public diagnosis.
Even today some people are ripping him...I dont get it

Old
04-20-2004, 09:43 PM
Duster

Quote:
A mistake IMHO. The Boston media is not helping. If you don't want him, I'm sure 29 other teams would line up to get him. One of best players in the league.

Old
04-20-2004, 09:46 PM
tipping point

Quote:

It's only out of frustration...the same thing would happen in Mtl with a player like Theo if the habs had lost. Joe is a great player that any team in this league would kill for and your management knows that. Plus he's only 24...he'll be a Bruins for a long long time, don't even worry about it.

Old
04-20-2004, 11:16 PM
markov`

In my opinion, there's too much pressure on Thornton. He's not mature enough to handle that. The B's need another captain - a true leader.

Closed Thread