HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Boycot The Cbc!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2004, 04:04 PM
Brisson11

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
Douches are useful, Greg Millen is not.
Wow that was the funniest thing I have ever heard

Old
04-20-2004, 04:49 PM
HFXMooseHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas
McGuire is amazing, hands down. He'll criticize us but he's fair and easily the most knowledgable commentator in Canada. The way he diagrams plays is unbelievable.

Agree with that. He's the best I've heard.

I don't understand why people like John Davidson.

Old
04-20-2004, 05:06 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Chris Cuthbert is tops for me. He's got an amazing voice, and can actually add excitement to a game. I mean, the Habs are the underdog knocking off a higher seed, and the commentators are not even into the game...

Obviously, Cole and Neale will continue with the Leafs should they win, but the commentators will likely be flipped around if the Sens win.

Old
04-20-2004, 05:10 PM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
Douches are useful, Greg Millen is not.

thats gold

as far as the commentators.. oddly enough, my roomate (a bruins fan) by the end of that series found healy to be an idiot and hated him because he always seemed to have negative things to say about raycroft (which is quite true.. the kid makes a good save and he'd be goin on and on about his lack of rebound control or how he looked shaky or how he wasnt set, etc etc)

i hated him cuz of his obvious hatred of the habs (minus yannic) and his all time leafs homerism

all in all, after the series was done.. we both hated the guy

Old
04-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Harry

We in the west have been suffering with Whitman for years and now he is back. yikes. Then we have Millen the moron here now. You mix in a little Bob Cole and you begin to wonder where cbc gets these guys. And you are worried about bias in Montreal. Give me a break. In the west we are forced to watch the Bob Cole show every week. No choice. That is long time suffering. You talk about bias. It takes you half the game to discover who is dressed for the other team because Cole wont tell you . He is the most ill prepared play by play guy I have ever seen. So Montreal, you will have to excuse me if I understand your problem but dont feel too sorry for you.

Good luck next round.

Old
04-20-2004, 06:19 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
Am I The Only One Sick Of The Cbc And It Commentators ?i Know Most Will Not Boycot Due To The Fact Thats The Only English Source Of The Habs Game ,but Send A Message To The Cbc ....

Glenn Healy Made Me Sick The Whole Series..it Was Boston This, Boston That...everything That Came Out Of His Mouth Was All Boston!!!don Whitman Also...how Glen Healy Evey Got Into The Broadcast Booth ,ill Never Know..

Ron Mclean ,glen Healy,don Whitman,don Cherry(to Be Expected, I Understand With Don)bob Cole ,harry Neale The Worst Bashing Of The Habs I Seen In My Life...
Someone Go And Send Healey The Tapes Of His Comments...healy You Made A Complete Azz Of Yourself!!!! I Hear The Bruins Need An Ahl Play By Playman..thats Where You Belong Glen Healey !!!!!bob Cole And Harry Neale Are Bad ,bad You Out Do That Duo By 1000 Percent...

Here's What Im Hoping For...good Old Torrana Maple Leafs To Get Beat Tonight....what Will The Cbc Do Then..oh My...

I Cant Wait Till Round #2 Who The Cbc Goin To Put On As Cometators For The Tampa Bay /boston Series...oppssss I Mean Tampa Bay /montreal.!!!!!hahah Go Habs Go!!!

I Can Just Hear Bob Cole Now.....oh And There They Go Folks,the 2005 Stanley Cup Champs ..the Montreal Canadians!!!!

Im Tired Of The Cbc!!!!!boycot After The Playoffs ,make Your Voice Heard!!!!

I wanted to boycott a long time ago, but I've realized I don't have to because of ESPN. ESPN (and I know this is going to sound like sacralige) has taken over the top spot in my book. They do hockey the best when Gary Thorne and Bill Clement are the broadcasters. Not even close now that Cole and Neale have practically donned Leafs jerseys behind the mic.

Clement's insights are just as good if not better than Neale's and they are both funny, but Thorne is also funny whereas Cole is just a boring homer.

I realized this for the first time yesterday watching the Habs on ESPN for the first time in a long time. We have to keep advancing!

Old
04-20-2004, 07:52 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I don't mind Don Whitman, I mean, he doesn't seem like a great hockey commentator, but he isn't that bad, Healy on the other hand just sucks. The only hab he can talk positive about is Perreault (is this guy got a thing for Perreault or what?). You can tell by the way he talks he doesn't like the habs.

Couldn't the CBC find a more objective colour man for habs game???

BTW, I think Kelly Hrudey should take over for Don Cherry all year long. I wasn't a big fan of his early on, but I really like listening to the guy and think he is a great hockey commentator.

Couldn't agree any more.

Old
04-20-2004, 10:21 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Couldn't agree any more.
Whitman isn't biased because I think he comes from out west. So does Hrudey. There's no coincidence. All these other guys, except for that toadie McLean, are from Ontario.

Isn't Whitman the guy who shouts through the whole game, even between whistles??

Closed Thread