HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FSNAZ 'In My Own Words' with Dave Tippett

Old
01-09-2010, 03:08 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 500
FSNAZ 'In My Own Words' with Dave Tippett

http://foxsportsarizona.com/pages/vi...yvr95T_Y9PVyZ4

Gettin' the word out. It Debuts Tuesday the 12th at 6PM on FSN AZ. Todd Walsh put this together and he sat down with Tippett for about 90 minutes (gonna be edited to a shorter show) for this show.

Old
01-09-2010, 03:23 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
You Jelly of my hat?

I've never actually liked these shows but I'm glad the Coyotes get the extra exposure to Suns fans and whomever else watches FSNAZ. I always found the shows themselves overly sappy or just plain boring.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 03:26 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I've never actually liked these shows but I'm glad the Coyotes get the extra exposure to Suns fans and whomever else watches FSNAZ. I always found the shows themselves overly sappy or just plain boring.
I'm actually curious to see this as this is the type of exposure the team needs.

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

vCash: 0
About time!
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 06:38 PM
GalenYote

Even asu gets more air time then the Coyotes. This is good see something outside of a game. I know I will watch it.

GalenYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to watch it.

Sinurgy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 01:39 AM

Excuse my ignorance, and I fast-forward through the commercials and in-between talk during the game...but what is the story with Tippett? Off the bat I have no interest in seeing this, but I'm curious if there is some interesting story or background about Tippett that might be engaging?

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Z4dfence

Send a message via AIM to Z4dfence
I'm really interested in this one. I saw something similar when he was with Dallas. He does custom bike work that is really cool and has a unique outlook on work/life balance that I think exploring will give us insight on what he is doing with the team and what to expect from him as our coach.

Hopefully it won't be smaltzy and will actually show what the guy is about more than surface skimming.

Z4dfence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 01:41 PM

I guess I've heard a lot about the custom bikes when GMDM was on NHL Live, so that part isn't that interesting to me. Maloney actually explained a lot about Tippett during two interviews I saw on there, I guess that takes the edge off for this piece to me.

I'm generally not a fan of interviews unless there is an interesting take, some adversity and how the individual has overcome that. Otherwise it's all fluff. I'm also one of those people who thinks it's neat to see the personality in person, but I'm not the type that will run up and talk to them or ask for an autograph to try to connect on some level.

It was fun seeing Dan Boyle and many of the Sharks a couple of weeks ago, but I had nothing to say to any of them and didn't ask for any autographs -- as opposed to my friend who was the direct link to Boyle was getting pictures with every player and stuff signed. Funny thing is, I'm just a regular guy who never gets to see these personalities where as my friend works in an industry where he meets "celebrities" quite often and hangs out with all sorts of people. That's why I say, I think some people have a need to connect while others don't.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Z4dfence

Send a message via AIM to Z4dfence
I did meet Tippett this year and spent about 15 minutes or so yakking. He's easy to talk to and would be a great person to spend beer thirty with. Nothing about him says celebrity at all.

I like these shows even if they end up fluff because I try to take what little info they give, to apply to the what and whys of their reactions and decisions for the team. I could never figure TGOs whole schtick out at all, the interviews and such never really touched on the man and his decisions in life (talk about serious fluff) but the in my own words series have been fairly good so far.

Z4dfence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 02:19 AM
yakko

I gave up the DirecTV sports pack, which means no Fox Sports Arizona for me. I'd appreciate those that are able to watch this provide their synopsis and opinions on the piece.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 07:39 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Here's the list of on-air dates for this special:

Jan. 15: 5 p.m.
Jan. 17: 10:30 p.m.
Jan. 18: 4 p.m.
Jan. 19: 7 p.m. & 10 p.m.
Jan. 27: 12:30 p.m.
Feb. 2: 5:30 p.m.
Feb. 5: 5:30 p.m.
Feb. 12: 6:30 p.m.

Old
01-12-2010, 08:22 PM
SR

Not sure if anyone else is watching, but pretty good run down of how Tippett got himself the job he did.

SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR17 View Post
Not sure if anyone else is watching, but pretty good run down of how Tippett got himself the job he did.
Agreed. I just hope they put stuff they couldn't fit on the show on their website.