HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Biron

Old
01-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone View Post
And have a combined .860 sv% behind them.

Who is dragging who down?
Let's be honest man, we've watched the games. Have you seen anything from this team that suggests they even care? Do they even look like they know what to do with the puck? I mean even our most consistent players like Penner Smid Brule and Souray have started to fall into that lull and I don't blame them. To put this whole season(which is clearly what some oiler fans are doing) on a goalie who quite frankly is getting no help is foolish. The kid has had good games for us and he's had bad games for us. He's held onto a lot of one goal leads early in the year. Now there are no more leads.

As for Dubnyk, he is clearly not ready but the guy has also been hurt by sitting on the bench so much. Hell he even sucks in the ahl now when he gets sent down. A league where 2 months ago he was dominating.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Loweball

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Biron for Grebs and a 3rd or straight up for Staios
Agreed that this is the worst proposal ever on these boards. Grebs has more upside than Gilbert. And a 3rd? wow.

Loweball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Jesus

Quote:

Chicken of the egg man. Chicken or the egg.

I see what people are getting at but it is not beyond the realm of possibility that while POS and Horcoff are on the ice the opposing team gets superior chances to score against the Oilers? Maybe the opposing team do line match their best players against those 2 defensive stalwarts. I mean the real question ought to be asking WHY the goalies have a better SV when Horcoff/POS are NOT on the ice.

I'm sure the Horcoff cult has all these statistics somewhere.

Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 03:00 PM
dashingsilverfox*

Quote:

Do you think JDD loses his ability when he sees #10 jump over the boards?

dashingsilverfox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 03:01 PM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Islander fan here.

Comeau and Hamonic are going nowhere. Comeau is developing into a 2nd line player for this young hockey team, is loved in the dressing room, and is one of our only forwards with size and puck control along the boards.

Hamonic is slated to join the AHL farm team by the end of the year with a chance to crack our lineup next year. He is projected to be a top 4 defenseman for this hockey team.

Sorry.

Biron sucks, to be honest. He's a standup guy, but his best days are behind him. He doesn't give the team in front of him much, so don't expect him to start winning games by himself. I suspect the Isles will ship him out for a 3rd as soon as DP regains some decent form.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Oilercreeper

I think the Oilers need a Goalie and maybe Biron will be the guy if the price is not high.

With JDD taking control of the starting job and having DD as the back up, is that going to screw up the development of DD?

Springfield also needs a goalie (we have a loaner goalie from ANA), so we either deplete our minor league team and let them rot, or we find some help. Not for the Oilers but for Springfield. We acquire a Biron type goalie and throw DD back to Springfield would be a start.

But having DD in the minors also won't really help their struggles because Springfield's roster is already depleted.

Oilercreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Loweball

I would like someone better than Biron but it wouldn't hurt us to get another goalie in the system if he comes cheap. Or better yet, someone takes one of our overpaid vets. Our cupboard is bare of goaltenders and DD is not NHL ready.

Loweball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashingsilverfox View Post
Do you think JDD loses his ability when he sees #10 jump over the boards?
He probably loses control of his bladder and bowels because he knows the puck is going into the net, HIS net.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginaoil View Post
Biron for Bulin and Horcoff.
WOW! What a deal for the Islanders! 2 for the price of one! Tambo would have to be bat **** crazy to offer that up, maybe Snow should check his sanity and propose that VERY deal!

EDIT-Did I say price? Man did I ever **** that deal up

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 07:53 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
He probably loses control of his bladder and bowels because he knows the puck is going into the net, HIS net.
I think its all the Horcoff haters pointing lasers at JDD.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote