HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Islanders @ Coyotes (01/09/10)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2010, 04:19 AM
  #1
andimgone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,582
vCash: 500
Islanders @ Coyotes (01/09/10)




6:00 PM (MST)
TV: FSN-AZ (HD)



Game Preview
News: AZ Central | East Valley Tribune
Player Stats: PHO | NYI
NHL Standings


Game Coverage Links
ScoresheetGameCenter Event Summary
Play-by-PlayBox ScoreTOI: PHO NYI


Prior Season Series
Date Winner Score 1st Star
Jan.25-4 Zbynek Michalek
Mar.83-2 Yann Danis


Team Comparison
 Phoenix New York
Record:
26-15-4 - 56 PTS 18-19-8 - 44 PTS
Conference:
4th 11th
Division:
2nd 5th
Home:
16-6-1 10-8-2
Away:
10-9-3 8-11-6
GF Avg.:
2.49 (T 26th)2.44 (29th)
GA Avg.:
2.31 (5th)3.00 (T 22nd)
PP %:
16.4 (24th) 15.3 (28th)
PK %:
84.0 (T 8th)76.8 (28th)
Last 10 GP:
5-3-2 5-4-1


Rosters
Phoenix
Coyotes
 
New York
Islanders
ForwardsDefense  Forwards Defense
Paul Bissonnette Adrian Aucoin   Josh Bailey Bruno Gervais
Shane Doan Anders Eriksson   Blake Comeau Jack Hillen
Vernon Fiddler Ed Jovanovski   Trent Hunter Andrew MacDonald
Martin Hanzal Sami Lepisto   Matt Moulson Freddy Meyer
Jeff Hoggan Zbynek Michalek   Frans Nielsen Mark Streit
Lauri Korpikoski Jim Vandermeer   Kyle Okposo Andy Sutton
Robert Lang Keith Yandle   Richard Park Brendan Witt
Matthew Lombardi   Rob Schremp
Peter Mueller   Jon Sim
Petr Prucha   Jeff Tambellini Goalies
Taylor Pyatt Goalies   John Tavares Martin Biron
Radim Vrbata Ilya Bryzgalov   Nate Thompson Rick DiPietro
Daniel Winnik Jason LaBarbera   Doug Weight Dwayne Roloson


Injured
Phoenix Player Status New York Player Status
Scottie Upshall Injured Reserve  Sean Bergenheim Day-to-Day
Kurt Sauer Injured Reserve   Tim Jackman Injured Reserve
   Radek Martinek Injured Reserve

andimgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 09:37 AM
  #2
Colt45Blast
It works every time!
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,329
vCash: 0
So now were playing a team that went from being one of the best dynasties in sports history to the NHL version of the LA Clippers as some would say.
Islanders lost to Dallas last night so this is a chance to take advantage while getting back 3 of our 5 on IR back in the line-up.

No excuses Coyotes! Win this game in regulation and move on to the next.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 10:26 AM
  #3
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,833
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Yay I actually get to watch this one on TV. LETS GO COYOTES!

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 10:50 AM
  #4
ducky
Registered User
 
ducky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Home of Kokanee Beer
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,164
vCash: 500
With Upshall still injured I want to see Mueller on the Lombardi - Doan line. Not likely to happen I know.

Go dogs!

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:46 AM
  #5
dist1ump
 
dist1ump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Weston CT/Avondale
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Morning skate

New poster to your boards and will be a new resident in the next couple of weeks. Just locked up the house and will be moving in from CT.

I am going to the game tonight. Since the Isles are the team I follow until I am fully moved here. Sort of the passing of the torch tonight. A

Are fans allowed to watch the morning skate? Secondly does anyone know where the visiting team usually stays at? I have a gamer that I need signed by Jon Sim.

dist1ump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:23 PM
  #6
Gwyddbwyll
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 10,630
vCash: 500
Congrats on the move and perfect timing. Am sure someone will answer your questions shortly.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:37 PM
  #7
Dolemite
The one...the only..
 
Dolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 38,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dist1ump View Post
New poster to your boards and will be a new resident in the next couple of weeks. Just locked up the house and will be moving in from CT.

I am going to the game tonight. Since the Isles are the team I follow until I am fully moved here. Sort of the passing of the torch tonight. A

Are fans allowed to watch the morning skate? Secondly does anyone know where the visiting team usually stays at? I have a gamer that I need signed by Jon Sim.
Nah, the morning skates aren't open to the public. They do open the pre-season events (practices, rookie camp, etc) to the public. You have to be a member of the media to view the morning skate during the regular season.

__________________
http://halfboards.com/
Follow along on Twitter: http://twitter.com/azvibesports
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:44 PM
  #8
SR
Registered User
 
SR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 2,525
vCash: 500
Your allowed to go to the morning skates, I just dont know what time the Isles would take the ice.

Teams usually stay at the hotel on the west side of the arena.

Boys win tonight, on my birthday.

Should be a good one, will be there with the boys tonight making some noise. Thanks again Marc for hooking me up with the tickets.

SR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:45 PM
  #9
dist1ump
 
dist1ump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Weston CT/Avondale
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Nah, the morning skates aren't open to the public. They do open the pre-season events (practices, rookie camp, etc) to the public. You have to be a member of the media to view the morning skate during the regular season.
I appreciate the info. You saved me a long drive from Chandler. If anyone knows the visiting teams hotel I would appreciate it.

dist1ump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:48 PM
  #10
dist1ump
 
dist1ump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Weston CT/Avondale
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Usually they take the ice at 11:30 for the visitors. I am sure it would be an optional skate for the Isles since they played in Dallas last night.

dist1ump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:49 PM
  #11
pyregretzky
 
pyregretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dist1ump View Post
New poster to your boards and will be a new resident in the next couple of weeks. Just locked up the house and will be moving in from CT.

I am going to the game tonight. Since the Isles are the team I follow until I am fully moved here. Sort of the passing of the torch tonight. A

Are fans allowed to watch the morning skate? Secondly does anyone know where the visiting team usually stays at? I have a gamer that I need signed by Jon Sim.
As far as where teams stay it varies but I know some teams stay at the hotel right next to the arena(I've seen the Kings/Sharks and a few other teams there)

Hope this helps and welcome to Arizona


Last edited by pyregretzky: 01-09-2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: per request
pyregretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:56 PM
  #12
Waldo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,911
vCash: 500
Coyotes 3rd

Third best record in the Conference but 8th place and final playoff spot is only 3 pts back. How's that for close. It doesn't hurt getting beat by a better team but it will really hurt if they lose to a weaker team like the Isles. This is where Tippet needs to make sure everyone is ready to play hard. It's very comforting to know that Tippet will have them ready. For once, though, I'd like to see the Coyotes run up the score. Maybe this will be a breakout game.

Waldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:57 PM
  #13
HockeyHillbilly
Registered User
 
HockeyHillbilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Where I woke up at.
Country: United States
Posts: 235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaPride View Post
No excuses Coyotes! Win this game in regulation and move on to the next.
Posted via Mobile Device
100% spot on. The Isles played last night. Our last home game was a bit of a disappointment & we got spanked in Vancouver. Time to step up & show some "Testicular Fortitude" at home and build momentum in the right direction versus stalling out.

BTW- JC it's been said before, but great job on the GDT's. They are amongst the best on the boards.


Last edited by HockeyHillbilly: 01-09-2010 at 12:58 PM. Reason: JC Compilment
HockeyHillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:57 PM
  #14
SR
Registered User
 
SR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 2,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Nah, the morning skates aren't open to the public. They do open the pre-season events (practices, rookie camp, etc) to the public. You have to be a member of the media to view the morning skate during the regular season.
Thats interesting, I have been to a few morning skates before games....wonder if it changed recently?

SR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:58 PM
  #15
dist1ump
 
dist1ump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Weston CT/Avondale
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyregretzky View Post
As far as where teams stay it varies but I know some teams stay at the hotel right next to the arena(I've seen the Kings/Sharks and a few other teams there)

For future reference you can call the team practice line to find out when/where 623-772-3873(originally posted by the awesome RR). If the team practices at the Ice Den it usually is only the Coyotes but if a practice is scheduled for Jobing.com Arena the opposing team takes the ice after the Coyotes the times I've gone.

Hope this helps and welcome to Arizona
Thanks for the info. Home team morning skate is usually at 10am then 90 minutes later the visitors have the option to skate.

I plan to catch many games here when I am settled in. I am heading back on the red eye tonight to be in stinkin cold for the last time. Jan 23 I am Arizona bound for good.

dist1ump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 01:01 PM
  #16
Dolemite
The one...the only..
 
Dolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 38,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR17 View Post
Thats interesting, I have been to a few morning skates before games....wonder if it changed recently?
Far as I know, they're not open to the public.

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 01:51 PM
  #17
ssmatik
Registered User
 
ssmatik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: West Side
Country: United States
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dist1ump View Post
If anyone knows the visiting teams hotel I would appreciate it.
I can almost guarantee that they are at the Renaissance
http://www.renaissanceglendale.com/
which seems to be the hotel that they stay at when they are on a quick turnaround (in late out same night)
If they are here longer than that they will be at the Wigwam
http://www.wigwamresort.com/

ssmatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 02:37 PM
  #18
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR17 View Post
Your allowed to go to the morning skates, I just dont know what time the Isles would take the ice.

Teams usually stay at the hotel on the west side of the arena.

Boys win tonight, on my birthday.

Should be a good one, will be there with the boys tonight making some noise. Thanks again Marc for hooking me up with the tickets.
Happy Birthday Hope they win...Must win tonight....

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 02:42 PM
  #19
Dolemite
The one...the only..
 
Dolemite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 38,399
vCash: 500
Pre-game is up!

http://coyotes.azvibe.com/2010/01/09...ders-pre-game/


Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post
I can almost guarantee that they are at the Renaissance
http://www.renaissanceglendale.com/
which seems to be the hotel that they stay at when they are on a quick turnaround (in late out same night)
If they are here longer than that they will be at the Wigwam
http://www.wigwamresort.com/
Some teams have stayed in the Biltmore area as well....

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 02:43 PM
  #20
yakko
Registered User
 
yakko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Must win tonight....
Not to pick on you (don't you love how when someone says that, it's exactly what they're about to do), but I've always hated how overused that term is. What happens if they don't win? Games that will make or break getting into the playoffs are must win or you miss the playoffs, playoff elimination games are must win or your season is over, maybe you can make a case for playoff games where statistically teams that lose are incredibly likely to lose the series, but this game is not a must win.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 02:45 PM
  #21
yakko
Registered User
 
yakko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northern California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,867
vCash: 500
AP Pre-game is up. Been up since last night.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/preview?...010924&prov=ap

EDIT: Of course, they don't have line predictions. What ever happened to our "friend" with his blog about the lines?

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 03:44 PM
  #22
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,327
vCash: 500
Let's Go Yotes!!!! Maybe Prucha and Korps will remember how much they hate the Islanders and tickle the twine a bit... One can hope.

5-2 Phoenix: Doan, Vrbata, Prucha, Jovo and Lang. Tavares and Nilson for the Isles.

mti79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 03:55 PM
  #23
MP
Registered User
 
MP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
Not to pick on you (don't you love how when someone says that, it's exactly what they're about to do), but I've always hated how overused that term is. What happens if they don't win? Games that will make or break getting into the playoffs are must win or you miss the playoffs, playoff elimination games are must win or your season is over, maybe you can make a case for playoff games where statistically teams that lose are incredibly likely to lose the series, but this game is not a must win.
An out-of-conference game in early January is the antithesis of a must-win. The Coyotes are not currently in danger of falling out of the playoff race; if they lose tonight, it's still just a matter of a potential change in the seeding. If they lose, I'll be more worried about the impact on attendance for the next game than anything else.

I hate the idea of a must-win game too, but for different reasons--to wit, it seems like the more important I believe a game to be, the more disappointed I am with the result.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 04:50 PM
  #24
Colt45Blast
It works every time!
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 26,329
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
An out-of-conference game in early January is the antithesis of a must-win. The Coyotes are not currently in danger of falling out of the playoff race; if they lose tonight, it's still just a matter of a potential change in the seeding. If they lose, I'll be more worried about the impact on attendance for the next game than anything else.

I hate the idea of a must-win game too, but for different reasons--to wit, it seems like the more important I believe a game to be, the more disappointed I am with the result.
Ill admit I'm guilty of this as well since I developed this idea that every regular season game must be treated like a playoff series and treat every game like a playoff game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 05:55 PM
  #25
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
Not to pick on you (don't you love how when someone says that, it's exactly what they're about to do), but I've always hated how overused that term is. What happens if they don't win? Games that will make or break getting into the playoffs are must win or you miss the playoffs, playoff elimination games are must win or your season is over, maybe you can make a case for playoff games where statistically teams that lose are incredibly likely to lose the series, but this game is not a must win.
lol I do overuse the word a tad but if you really look at it its not that bad in this situation. Yotes just lost to the Nucks and their last 2 home game they lost. Isles played last night and they lost. Let's go with a should win.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.