HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames Advance

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2004, 12:33 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Flames Advance

It goes to show the rest of the NHL that having the highest payroll and big name players dont mean so much. Calgary Flames one of the troubled franchices with money, shows that defense and coaching means alot if u want to do well in todays NHL. Go Flames, Go Sharks for the West. Go Leafs (for Leetch) go Bolts in East.

Old
04-20-2004, 12:45 AM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
It goes to show the rest of the NHL that having the highest payroll and big name players dont mean so much. Calgary Flames one of the troubled franchices with money, shows that defense and coaching means alot if u want to do well in todays NHL. Go Flames, Go Sharks for the West. Go Leafs (for Leetch) go Bolts in East.

The Calgary Flames are a team that has really grown on me, we have seen hardworking teams before (Wild,Ducks etc) but this verision of the Flames is really something else, EVERYONE takes the body, EVERYONE backchecks at fullspeed and they also have one of the best if not the best player in the game in Iginla, that guy always brings it when it matters the most, he was so close to get a hat-trick tonight, imagine that a hatty in game 7 on the road. But I guess 2+1 will have to do it for Jarome

Just an amazing team that plays with so much intensity and passion. They are a defence first team but still create so much chances on just speed,checking and hustle.

The Red Wings will have their hands full IŽll tell you that.

Last edited by Kluivert4Ever: 04-20-2004 at 12:58 AM.
Old
04-20-2004, 02:23 AM
BwayBshirt

Quote:

definitely the key words there being "defense" and "coaching", and of course goaltending is lumped in with defense. 2 things we haven't had on broadway in a longgggggggggggggggggggggggg time (sather, please don't screw up this coaching search)

Old
04-20-2004, 03:04 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCaptain11
definitely the key words there being "defense" and "coaching", and of course goaltending is lumped in with defense. 2 things we haven't had on broadway in a longgggggggggggggggggggggggg time (sather, please don't screw up this coaching search)
Id like Quinville but id like Maurice alot better. Quinville had a good team with the Blues but they never did anything in playoffs. Maurice had less to work with, good with youth and kids and plays good defensive game and took the canes to finals. Id take Maurice just because I think Quinville is suited for a veteran team like Devils maybe if Burns cant coach this upcoming season. What you guys think? Oh too bad the Rangers did not get Ron Wilson when he was available, he is doing a great job with the Sharks..

Old
04-20-2004, 03:24 AM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Id like Quinville but id like Maurice alot better. Quinville had a good team with the Blues but they never did anything in playoffs. Maurice had less to work with, good with youth and kids and plays good defensive game and took the canes to finals. Id take Maurice just because I think Quinville is suited for a veteran team like Devils maybe if Burns cant coach this upcoming season. What you guys think? Oh too bad the Rangers did not get Ron Wilson when he was available, he is doing a great job with the Sharks..
that viewpoint on quenneville being better suited for an established good team is one that i've been debating lately myself & your points on maurice i would agree with except for something that sticks out like a sore thumb to me: the fact that maurice was coaching a team in the southeast division all that time. i know the SE division the last 2 seasons has gained some marked respect around the league and rightfully so, but honestly that division really did suck even up to 2 years ago when the hurricanes made it to the finals. I really don't know how good carolina ever was under maurice because it seemed to me that they whipped on the rivals within and never seriously competed well outside of it. it's not like what tampa bay has done the last 2 seasons and especially this one, where they have beaten some really good teams from elsewhere.

wilson was a part of that division indeed but remember he was a proven coach away from that division before he went to d.c. i would like to think that maurice is a flat-out good head coach and it seems he is a very well-respected coach in the nhl community, but i'll my reservations on him until proven otherwise. at least with coach q we know he is a tremendous regular season coach whose blues' teams usually had great GAA's and high goal differentials in every full season under him. if he took over it might be like when marc crawford going to vancouver when they sucked or bob hartley taking the atlanta job...you know, helping a young team learn to grow

Old
04-20-2004, 08:26 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
I guess 2+1 will have to do it for Jarome
Both Sutter AND Crawford said it was the most dominating individual perfromance they've ever see from a player.

I had to go to bed after the 1st period and was kicking myself this morning. Musta been one helluva finish.

Old
04-20-2004, 08:55 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I make Jamie Lundmark sit down and watch tape of the Flames play all summer.

04-20-2004, 12:43 PM
Leetch

When Paul Maurice was coach, the Hurricanes were one of the most boring teams in hockey.

Closed Thread