HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

01/09/10 How long are do you think we need to wait for success?

View Poll Results: How long are do you think we need to wait for success?
i think it could only take a year 7 7.53%
I think it will be two years 11 11.83%
2-3 years 34 36.56%
3-4 years 30 32.26%
i don't know that we will ever see success 4 4.30%
it depends on how we finish this year 3 3.23%
any of these are options 2 2.15%
Other, please explain 2 2.15%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Joseppi

vCash: 50
At the current rate, I say 2-3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashingsilverfox View Post
3-5 years after Lowe and Tambellini are punted.

That's the starter's gate.
Welcome back. Good vacation?

Joseppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 06:27 PM
MerryJ99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBelle View Post
My husband and I will probably be able get seasons tickets next year, we are pretty high up on the list and we have thought long and hard about it but the reality of it is in 2-3 years when the teams starts making the playoffs we don't want to be at the bottom of that list again and miss the opportunity. SO we are pretty sure we will buy them.

we were at Thursdays game and while yes it was a snoozer it was time away from the norm and we enjoy the Oilers.

MerryJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 06:50 PM
razman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by surshot View Post
How was the sex holiday to thailand?
Wow, what a total lack of class.

razman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by razman22 View Post
You exude class razman.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
You're one to talk.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:51 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
3-4 years and my definition of success for us is getting 6th place or better.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Lounge Act*

Quote:
You have an unhealthy, pathological obsession with the Oilers. Anytime someone mentions anything to do with them like clockwork there you are trashing them. Yet you're the one deriding somebody else for their supposed "lack of class"?

Lounge Act* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:28 PM
surshot*

Quote:
Haha Liquor man was the first to say it i just thought it was funny. If it makes me unclassy, so be it. But like the other posters said who are you to talk cowboy. Maybe you go on sex trips and thats why your so sensitive. The average joe would just think that was funny.

surshot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:44 PM
razman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
You exude class razman.
So you don't have an issue when somebody implies another person went on a vacation to perform illegal acts?

Look again at what surshot said. It was disgusting and hate me all you want, I'm pretty sure you know it wasn't appropriate. I'll take shots at you, you'll take shots at me, the sun will rise every morning, but I would never accuse you of such an awful act. I'm confident you wouldn't either of such a terrible thing.

Old
01-09-2010, 11:46 PM
dashingsilverfox*

Quote:
So you don't have an issue when somebody implies another person went on a vacation to perform illegal acts?

Look again at what surshot said. It was disgusting and hate me all you want, I'm pretty sure you know it wasn't appropriate. I'll take shots at you, you'll take shots at me, the sun will rise every morning, but I would never accuse you of such an awful act. I'm confident you wouldn't either of such a terrible thing.
Thanks buddy.

It was totally out of bounds.

dashingsilverfox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:49 PM
razman22

Quote:
Haha Liquor man was the first to say it i just thought it was funny. If it makes me unclassy, so be it. But like the other posters said who are you to talk cowboy. Maybe you go on sex trips and thats why your so sensitive. The average joe would just think that was funny.
No, you think it's funny. The average Joe thinks it's repulsive and disgusting. The fact you would even make reference to it shows the kind of person you are.

Old
01-09-2010, 11:55 PM
surshot*

Quote:

Hey i do not know what kinda sex trips your talking about but i take DSF as a guy who would like to be in the company of a younger women(not illegal). Not little girls (Very illegal)or little boys like your implying. If your taking it so hard and you and DSF are offended i apologize for making the comment there hows that for class.

Old
01-10-2010, 12:15 AM
razman22

Quote:
Thanks buddy.

It was totally out of bounds.
Yes it was. It was sickening actually. I'm stunned at the lack of outrage over the terrible thing that was implied against you.

Old
01-10-2010, 12:33 AM
surshot*

Quote:
Yes it was. It was sickening actually. I'm stunned at the lack of outrage over the terrible thing that was implied against you.
Take a chill pill it was a joke. It was not meant to be taken seriously i think even put a beside it. Cool it, go bash somebody about the Oilers and stop acting tough behind your keyboard.

Old
01-10-2010, 12:35 AM
dashingsilverfox*

Quote:
Take a chill pill it was a joke. It was not meant to be taken seriously i think even put a beside it. Cool it, go bash somebody about the Oilers and stop acting tough behind your keyboard.
It wasn't funny and was very insulting. You should be banned.

dashingsilverfox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 12:42 AM
surshot*

Quote:
It wasn't funny and was very insulting. You should be banned.
Coming from you thats a compliment.

Old
01-10-2010, 12:55 AM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:

If your taking it so hard and you and DSF are offended i apologize for making the comment
The only reason anybody should ever apologize for a humorous flippant comment is if it accidentally hit the mark..........

And if it did not hit the mark, those who are offended should stay far away from internet forums - maybe cover themselves with bubble wrap then hide in the closet.....

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 01:24 AM
razman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
The only reason anybody should ever apologize for a humorous flippant comment is if it accidentally hit the mark..........

And if it did not hit the mark, those who are offended should stay far away from internet forums - maybe cover themselves with bubble wrap then hide in the closet.....
A humorous flippant comment is one thing. What was said was "How was the sex holiday to thailand?" That's not humorous, it's not flippant, it's disgusting. To defend that statement is awful.

Old
01-10-2010, 01:27 AM
surshot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post

Your a funny man REA.

Now i know where DSF was all this time.

Old
01-10-2010, 01:37 AM
surshot*

Quote:
A humorous flippant comment is one thing. What was said was "How was the sex holiday to thailand?" That's not humorous, it's not flippant, it's disgusting. To defend that statement is awful.
I just said something that was said in the where in the world is DSF thread by another poster. Please stop making it into something that its not. You act like I used a racial slur or something. Get off your high horse and talk some hockey its fun, try it. Or go google bubble wrap and make a large purchase and wait for the delivery and stay away from the internet message boards my naive friend.

Old
01-10-2010, 02:08 AM
razman22

Quote:
How was the sex holiday to thailand?:nod:
Quote:
Hey i do not know what kinda sex trips your talking about but i take DSF as a guy who would like to be in the company of a younger women(not illegal). Not little girls (Very illegal)or little boys like your implying. If your taking it so hard and you and DSF are offended i apologize for making the comment there hows that for class.
Quote:
I just said something that was said in the where in the world is DSF thread by another poster. Please stop making it into something that its not. You act like I used a racial slur or something. Get off your high horse and talk some hockey its fun, try it. Or go google bubble wrap and make a large purchase and wait for the delivery and stay away from the internet message boards my naive friend.
Please stop making it into something it's not? Look at what you've said. Those are terrible, revolting accusations.

Old
01-10-2010, 02:18 AM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:

Now i know where DSF was all this time.
If there are no photos - it never happened............

Quote:

Look at what you've said. Those are terrible, revolting accusations.
Bubble wrap...... Bubble wrap & closets are your friend..................

Seriously............

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 02:27 AM
surshot*

Quote:
Please stop making it into something it's not? Look at what you've said. Those are terrible, revolting accusations.
The average joe likes sex and younger women. Tell me how is that revolting or terrible not that it was in any way a accusation. I have a uncle a older man who was a big grouch and very single. But he worked very hard and had a little bit of money so he went on a trip and the ladies there loved and were all over him. Now he spends half his time there and is married to a younger women and comes and works here for the other half. Let me tell this was a life changing thing for him and he is very happy man like I mean very happy with his lifestyle. He takes care of her and she takes care of him and its very legal. No more grouch no more unhappy work a holic. Life is short friend please stop making it into something its not. DSF just reminds me of him before his little trip.

Old
01-10-2010, 02:38 AM
alanschu

Quote:
While I think the joke was probably in poor taste, I didn't actually think any of it until you started misrepresenting it.

At no point did Surshot imply that anyone was doing anything illegal.

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 02:44 AM
ScrillaVilla

vCash: 50
ahhhhh......well since we've already been waiting for 20 years may as well make it another twenty.

ScrillaVilla is offline   Reply With Quote