HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ana-Cgy

Old
01-09-2010, 02:55 PM
leftcoaster

vCash: 500
Ana-Cgy

Been reading a lot today about the Flames bad cap situation and lack of forward talent for a playoff run (mainly no center depth and playmakers). Also they have a deep but expensive cache of defensemen. From a Calgary perspective I think this would work well, giving a good centerman whose contract is up at the end of the year. For Anaheim they have only one defenseman secured after this year and it isn't looking like they are going to break in to the playoff picture any time soon if at all.

To Calgary:

Saku Koivu

To Anaheim:

Cory Sarich

thoughts? Does this work for both teams?

Also remember this assumes Anaheim is not making playoffs so possible deadline deal or sooner.

leftcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 03:11 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

I'd do it from a Calgary perspective.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Hyperkookeez*

No slight to Koivu, but I'd rather have Tanguay back if Sarich is leaving

Hyperkookeez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 03:19 PM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Van Whalen View Post
I'd do it from a Calgary perspective.
I would jump ALL OVER this from a Calgary perspective.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 03:20 PM
leftcoaster

I saw Tanguay mentioned in another thread but thought Koivu brought more of the intangibles it seems the flames are missing, especially amongst some of the forwards (read Jokinen).

Last edited by leftcoaster: 01-09-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: aside from that Koivu is having a better season 26 pts +6 vs. 22 pts +3 on an arguably worse team
Old
01-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
No reason for Anaheim to do it since it helps with one hole and then creates another. If the Ducks are going to deal Saku its going to be at the deadline when the demand for his type of services is going to be higher.

Static is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 03:48 PM
leftcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
No reason for Anaheim to do it since it helps with one hole and then creates another. If the Ducks are going to deal Saku its going to be at the deadline when the demand for his type of services is going to be higher.
it's intended as a deadline deal, a mid round pick could be added as an incentive, although a locked up veteran dman for a rental seems like good return without it

Old
01-09-2010, 03:51 PM
blankall

Not sure Calgary would do this. Personally, I think Sarich has more value than a rental. Koivu is also having a bad season and is aging. I hate to think how he would do in Calgary's tight defensive system.

This would be Owen Nolan round 2.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 04:01 PM
leftcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Not sure Calgary would do this. Personally, I think Sarich has more value than a rental. Koivu is also having a bad season and is aging. I hate to think how he would do in Calgary's tight defensive system.

This would be Owen Nolan round 2.
His contract is up at the end of the year and he has 26 points in 39 games and +6, better than Langkow and about the same as Jokinen.

Old
01-09-2010, 04:10 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoaster View Post
His contract is up at the end of the year and he has 26 points in 39 games and +6, better than Langkow and about the same as Jokinen.
Calgary would better off pursuing a younger player with similar stats.

Around the NHL, there are many players with those kind of point totals. Calgary would be better off investing in a younger one with some potential to stay on the team longer.

Also, Langkow has 28 points and is plus 5 and Jokinen has 29 points and is +2... not sure how Koivu is considered better, those numbers seem pretty comparable to me depending on how much value you place on +/-.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote