HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Deadline Deals - All Trade Proposals and Inquires

Old
03-03-2010, 02:42 PM
predfan24

vCash: 500
Also like the deal. Considering our needs he is a much better fit than Jones. I still expect to see a breakdown from some posters. It will be ok guys. I promise

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Milly79

Franson/Sulzer re-assigned.

Boyd @ 650k, RFA at seasons end. Not too bad, at all. Low PIM, +5, 19 pts. I think he'll fit in well, hopefully.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 02:47 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Calgary fans are furious, feel like they just pissed away a young guy with potential he was never given a chance to meet. They apparently feel like he could be a second liner if given the opportunity.

Speed to burn and nice grit...not bad for a fourth round pick, and like someone said, sounds like he'll be a better fit than Jones.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
Dustin Boyd for a 4th
I'll tell you why this move sucks.
Lee Stempniak went for a 4th round and a 7th rounder. Sure he has a much bigger contract, but you can't tell me Stempniak wouldn't have been a better pick up. Further more, just yesterday you had people *****ing that Jones had no place on this roster. You think Dustin Boyd Does? Ok. Tell me who you sit to allow Boyd into the line up?

Franson sent down too? Is that really justified? Sorry these moves aren't defendable. I'm not as pissed about the Jones move as I am the seemingly uncaring calmness that Poile has in these situations. How is it possible we didn't make a better offer for Stempniak over Dustin Boyd?

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 02:50 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Lee Stempniak went for a 4th round and a 7th rounder. Sure he has a much bigger contract, but you can't tell me Stempniak wouldn't have been a better pick up. Further more, just yesterday you had people *****ing that Jones had no place on this roster. You think Dustin Boyd Does? Ok. Tell me who you sit to allow Boyd into the line up?

Franson sent down? Is that really justified? Sorry these moves aren't defendable.
someone is a little bitter about his boy jones.

boyd is a good pk guy. i would think this means o'reilly becomes a scratch most games. also lets us sit a guy down the stretch here and there.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 02:52 PM
darth5
No!

Boyd should be alright-- good on the PK, hard to play against. Adaptable player, as I remember. If Grebeshkov was the splashy move, this was the sound depth move.

We shed the Jones contract-- Can Poile sign Hammer now, as various rumors seem to suggest earlier?

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
someone is a little bitter about his boy jones.

boyd is a good pk guy. i would think this means o'reilly becomes a scratch most games. also lets us sit a guy down the stretch here and there.
You can't sit O'Reilly because he has good chemistry with Wilson. You can't sit SAD because they are paid to play. Not Horny or Erat. Not Smithson, Legwand, and Ward because they are MVPs of this team. Goc? Wilson? Tootoo? See what I mean. This doesn't help us at all expect maybe on the penalty kill... which will hopefully never have Steve Sullivan on it ever again. But then, Boyd's a new guy which means trust will never trust him with these roles.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 02:59 PM
deleted

Boyd is decent and I agree for us he's a better fit than Jones. I'm sure Trotz will love him. But teams behind us in the standings and still in the race have improved. We have not. From EDM fans reports, grebs is a defensive liability. We saw what may be some of it last night but I'm not gonna rush to that assumption yet. Boyd makes us a bit stronger defensively, so I guess we're even. I honestly think we became less likely to make the post season.

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 03:01 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
You can't sit O'Reilly because he has good chemistry with Wilson. You can't sit SAD because they are paid to play. Not Horny or Erat. Not Smithson, Legwand, and Ward because they are MVPs of this team. Goc? Wilson? Tootoo? See what I mean. This doesn't help us at all expect maybe on the penalty kill... which will hopefully never have Steve Sullivan on it ever again. But then, Boyd's a new guy which means trust will never trust him with these roles.
Read what Calgary fans are saying. His offensive upside is equal to Jones, but he can play the PK as well. O'Reilly will probably spend some time on the bench, and icetime will have to earned.

Best of all, it cuts down on PK time for guys like Sullivan and Erat, and we've likely seen Belak's last game of the season.

Old
03-03-2010, 03:12 PM
RollingPredFan

I love what Poile did. Not fancy or flashy but a couple of moves that should help our PK and PP. Plus they are both RFA's

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 03:14 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Im thinking we sent franson and sulzer both down to keep them playing and will call one of them back up later. no way do we go into the playoffs with only 6 dman

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 03:16 PM
predfan24

The only thing that really sucks about this deadline IMO is the fact that Franson has now lost his spot in the lineup and it had nothing to do with his play. He earned a spot with his play this year. Unfortunately it's a numbers game.

Old
03-03-2010, 03:18 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Powerplay woes addressed with Grebeshkov, PK addressed with Boyd, 12th in the league in ES goals left alone.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 03:19 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
The only thing that really sucks about this deadline IMO is the fact that Franson has now lost his spot in the lineup and it had nothing to do with his play. He earned a spot with his play this year. Unfortunately it's a numbers game.
It happens though. Even when he was healthy, he'd occasionally get sat for Sulzer. We upgraded our defense, and we have the luxury of giving Franson some big minutes in Milwaukee and first call up status.

Old
03-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Powerplay woes addressed with Grebeshkov, PK addressed with Boyd, 12th in the league in ES goals left alone.
....you forgot budget friendly.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:

Franson sent down too? Is that really justified? Sorry these moves aren't defendable. I'm not as pissed about the Jones move as I am the seemingly uncaring calmness that Poile has in these situations. How is it possible we didn't make a better offer for Stempniak over Dustin Boyd?
Look at Stempniak's contract, then look at Boyd's. Greater upside with Boyd and much more realistic contract...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 03:34 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Stempniak is as good as he's going to get, which basically states he gets paid 2.5 million to be mediocre.

Boyd is young, has more upside than someone like Mike Santorelli, and possibly\probalby more upside than O'Reilly or Jones. He could play anywhere from the second to fourth line, on the PP and on the PK. Oh, he's also above 50 percent on faceoffs...an area we haven't talked much about but have been needing help.

Old
03-03-2010, 03:53 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Looking at some of the numbers I realized that this team we keep claiming can't score is tied for 9th in ES (5x5 and 4x4 combined) goals. Maybe Poile was onto something when he said when our guys play their A games, they can score what we need ...... nah, couldn't be that.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 03:54 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
you gotta almost think the yotes made too many moves and may have trouble maintaining good chemistry.

6 points in 20 games is a lot to make up but of the teams ahead of us I think they are the most likely to truly crater, followed by the Avs

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 03:55 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
i think you sit o'reilly. esp if boyd goes into the pk mix immed. I also think wilson ends up on the legwand line.

SAD
wilson-legwand-ward
erat-goc-hornquist
tootoo-smithson-boyd

you can tinker with it all you want but we have 9 top 6 forwards on this team. 7 if you eliminate goc and ward

pk forward-leggy, erat, goc, smithson, boyd, ward. that is solid

o'reilly is now the guy we don't have room for unless goc drops the ball

Old
03-03-2010, 03:56 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
you gotta almost think the yotes made too many moves and may have trouble maintaining good chemistry.

6 points in 20 games is a lot to make up but of the teams ahead of us I think they are the most likely to truly crater, followed by the Avs
i like what they did. morris is gonna add some offensive punch to their blueline. and wolski is a replacement for upshall. stempniak sucks, so that's good i guess

Old
03-03-2010, 04:23 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Looking at some of the numbers I realized that this team we keep claiming can't score is tied for 9th in ES (5x5 and 4x4 combined) goals. Maybe Poile was onto something when he said when our guys play their A games, they can score what we need ...... nah, couldn't be that.
Blasphemy

If our PP was worth a damn i think we would be comfortably above the league average for goals. I look at the lineup we iced last night and truly believe that offensively they can get it done if the PP wakes up.

There just wasn't a lot of scoring forwards to be had out there. The only two that moved that I would have liked was Poni and Wolski. I can't comment on Poni because I don't know how good Caputi is supposed to be and we didn't have an asset like Mueller to tempt Colorado with.

Old
03-03-2010, 05:50 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Poile said he made an offer for Ponikarovsky, guess Burke liked Caputi better.

Old
03-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Poile said he made an offer for Ponikarovsky, guess Burke liked Caputi better.
In Burke's press conference, he said some other team had the offer of 2nd + 4th on the table, but Burke chose to go with the already developed prospect. Burke said he is in a "win now" mode and draft picks do him no good.

I guess that other team was us?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2010, 06:01 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
i think you sit o'reilly. esp if boyd goes into the pk mix immed. I also think wilson ends up on the legwand line.

SAD
wilson-legwand-ward
erat-goc-hornquist
tootoo-smithson-boyd

you can tinker with it all you want but we have 9 top 6 forwards on this team. 7 if you eliminate goc and ward

pk forward-leggy, erat, goc, smithson, boyd, ward. that is solid

o'reilly is now the guy we don't have room for unless goc drops the ball
Agreed. This is the lineup I expect to see.

Well, that's not entirely true: that's the lineup I would like to see, but I think Trotz will ultimately go with Smithson-Legwand-Ward and Wilson-Boyd-Tootoo, just to spite all of us.

Overall, I like what Poile has done at the deadline. We now have immense roster flexibility for next summer, which is important. We gave up draft picks, but we have the ability to keep the guys we acquired beyond this season. The decision to hang on to Hamhuis is a bit disappointing, considering the risk attached, but completely understandable.

If our veterans can start producing, this could be a very good team, and we could pull an upset in the first round with a few good bounces.

Last edited by worstfaceoffmanever: 03-03-2010 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Removed a comma... that stuff bugs me.
worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote