HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Deadline Deals - All Trade Proposals and Inquires

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2010, 08:01 PM
  #201
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Seems pretty terrible to me. Maybe Recchi for a 4th. I haven't followed what Blum has done this year, but he should have a lot of value.
51 GP 5 G 19 A 24 P +12 90 SOG 16 PIM

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 03:46 AM
  #202
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tennessee
Country: Hungary
Posts: 1,036
vCash: 500
What are the chances that we even move anyone? That we stay as is?

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:34 AM
  #203
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
I haven't followed Nashville that much this year but what I do know is that you guys have a ton of talent waiting to emerge on the backend so with that said, would you guys think about moving UFA d-men Dan Hamhuis for some offensive help ?!?!?

Thanks

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 10:56 AM
  #204
Jonesey
Moderator
Sons of Anarchy
 
Jonesey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 8,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I haven't followed Nashville that much this year but what I do know is that you guys have a ton of talent waiting to emerge on the backend so with that said, would you guys think about moving UFA d-men Dan Hamhuis for some offensive help ?!?!?

Thanks
Kovy for Hamhuis?

done!


but seriously, I think it would be an option that we would consider, but with Poile, no one ever knows.

Jonesey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 11:42 AM
  #205
Webersmashpuck
Registered User
 
Webersmashpuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Spring Hill
Country: United States
Posts: 1,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I haven't followed Nashville that much this year but what I do know is that you guys have a ton of talent waiting to emerge on the backend so with that said, would you guys think about moving UFA d-men Dan Hamhuis for some offensive help ?!?!?

Thanks
We actually need defensive help more than offense right now. I posted in the main thread but in order for Hamhuis to be available we would need a defenseman coming back.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 12:30 PM
  #206
JustJoe2k5
Semin - Coach Killer
 
JustJoe2k5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,704
vCash: 500
Would a package of Wallin and Whitney interest Nashville? A top-six forward and a solid third-pair defenseman with the ability to play top-pair minutes if called upon. The revelation that both would want an extension in place before they would be dealt eliminates the risk that they would leave in the offseason. I also think the proximity between Raleigh and Nashville compared to Los Angeles and San Jose would be another factor that would lean Wallin and Whitney towards waiving their NTCs.

Hamhuis is of interest from a Hurricanes' perspective, but for both Wallin and Whitney it would likely take a little bit more. How much more? I'll leave that up to the Predators' fans.

JustJoe2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 12:32 PM
  #207
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion
 
Coach Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I'm very much against trading Blum, but Recchi might be a nice fit.
Okay, lets tweak it a little. It appears your back end needs some transition and someone signed to a reasonable deal.

To NAS:

RW Mark Recchi
D Andrew Ference
Toronto 2nd 2010

To BOS:

Jonathon Blum

Recchi and Ference are both UFA at the end of the year and the pick is now Toronto's over Boston's which right now is 32nd overall.

Thoughts? Sweetened the back end a little and moved the pick up while still retaining the original deal of adding Recchi to the PP.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 12:37 PM
  #208
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Okay, lets tweak it a little. It appears your back end needs some transition and someone signed to a reasonable deal.

To NAS:

RW Mark Recchi
D Andrew Ference
Toronto 2nd 2010

To BOS:

Jonathon Blum

Recchi and Ference are both UFA at the end of the year and the pick is now Toronto's over Boston's which right now is 32nd overall.

Thoughts? Sweetened the back end a little and moved the pick up while still retaining the original deal of adding Recchi to the PP.
I wouldn't bite if I'm the Preds. Blum is a top end prospect for two rentals that may or may not help and there is no place to play Ference right now unless we trade Hamhuis and that is not an upgrade. Blum isn't going anywhere unless we get someone in return that has a few years remaining on a contract or would be willing to sign long term to be here.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 12:48 PM
  #209
Gilligans Island
Registered User
 
Gilligans Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF/Bay Area
Posts: 8,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
We actually need defensive help more than offense right now. I posted in the main thread but in order for Hamhuis to be available we would need a defenseman coming back.
What kind of dman would you want back? Sharks could trade Clowe + Huskins for Hamhuis + something decent. If seems the Preds are stacked with defensive prospects so Blum or Franson? Just taking SWAG...

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 01:05 PM
  #210
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Here's a few ideas:

I think Boston is a good trading partner. They really need a boost. I've always liked Marco Sturm, but one of our 4m guys would have to be going the other way. Salary would be close to a wash.

Philly could be a good partner as well. I don't know what I think about it, but Hartnell could be available. Again, one of our 4m guys would have to be going the other way. I'd give up a ton for Giroux.

On D, I think Kim Johnsson could add some stability. Especially if we trade Hamhuis. Hopefully he wouldn't cost too much.

But, it is DP we're talking about. I fully expect him to hang on to Hamhuis and let him walk as UFA. And I fully expect he wouldn't have the **** to ask one of our vets to waive their NTC. "We've made our beds" as DP said. Hope he proves me wrong.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 01:22 PM
  #211
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,179
vCash: 500
maybe i'm remembering a different ok tollefson, but wasn't he with the jackets and sucked? detroit traded leino for him. why would they get worse?

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 01:32 PM
  #212
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
maybe i'm remembering a different ok tollefson, but wasn't he with the jackets and sucked? detroit traded leino for him. why would they get worse?
because Leino has been dreadful, and to make matters worse apparently had an attitude about it.

This wasn't a deal for the red wings to add, it was a deal to get rid of Leino at any cost.

Tollefsson was immediately waived, if that tells you anything.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 01:37 PM
  #213
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
It was Leino for a 5th and Philly get's cap relief.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 01:39 PM
  #214
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Think two separate transactions when thinking of proposals for Hamhuis. One will acquire him, then the Preds will go out and get a veteran defensive defenseman in another transaction.

Hamhuis will go for offensive help, picks, and/or prospects. I don't think the Preds will dilute his value trading him for another defenseman in return...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 01:42 PM
  #215
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
It was Leino for a 5th and Philly get's cap relief.
Actually, Philly takes on an additional $250k in cap...Detroit gets cap relief trading for a player making $250k less and then promptly waiving him getting almost $850k in cap relief to fit Franzen back into the lineup...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 01:47 PM
  #216
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Actually, Philly takes on an additional $250k in cap...Detroit gets cap relief trading for a player making $250k less and then promptly waiving him getting almost $850k in cap relief to fit Franzen back into the lineup...
Did not see that, thanks!

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 11:08 PM
  #217
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion
 
Coach Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I wouldn't bite if I'm the Preds. Blum is a top end prospect for two rentals that may or may not help and there is no place to play Ference right now unless we trade Hamhuis and that is not an upgrade. Blum isn't going anywhere unless we get someone in return that has a few years remaining on a contract or would be willing to sign long term to be here.
Is a Wideman for Blum deal (Wideman signed for 3.75 million for 3 years) more valuable as a 2nd pairing defenseman?

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 11:11 PM
  #218
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion
 
Coach Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,949
vCash: 500
And now that I think about it...

to NAS:

Boston 2nd 2010
Mark Recchi

to BOS:

Rights to Radulov

Pretty simple. Making Radulov (who doesn't look like he is coming back to Nashville) a 20+ goal RWer on the PP deflecting shots and a 2nd which is looking pretty good right now. Not sure if it could be Boston's or Toronto's at this point, but Boston is slowly looking like sellers right now.

I really am not trying to pawn Recchi off to anyone, but I know this will be his last year and Nashville's PP needs that guy in front and has a better shot than the Bruins right now.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 11:28 PM
  #219
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
And now that I think about it...

to NAS:

Boston 2nd 2010
Mark Recchi

to BOS:

Rights to Radulov

Pretty simple. Making Radulov (who doesn't look like he is coming back to Nashville) a 20+ goal RWer on the PP deflecting shots and a 2nd which is looking pretty good right now. Not sure if it could be Boston's or Toronto's at this point, but Boston is slowly looking like sellers right now.

I really am not trying to pawn Recchi off to anyone, but I know this will be his last year and Nashville's PP needs that guy in front and has a better shot than the Bruins right now.
That is a deal I would really consider...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 11:28 PM
  #220
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
And now that I think about it...

to NAS:

Boston 2nd 2010
Mark Recchi

to BOS:

Rights to Radulov

Pretty simple. Making Radulov (who doesn't look like he is coming back to Nashville) a 20+ goal RWer on the PP deflecting shots and a 2nd which is looking pretty good right now. Not sure if it could be Boston's or Toronto's at this point, but Boston is slowly looking like sellers right now.

I really am not trying to pawn Recchi off to anyone, but I know this will be his last year and Nashville's PP needs that guy in front and has a better shot than the Bruins right now.
That's a much better deal. I'd have to think about that one for a while.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 11:44 PM
  #221
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion
 
Coach Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
That is a deal I would really consider...
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
That's a much better deal. I'd have to think about that one for a while.
Well we know Chiarelli was after Radulov in the summer and Poile was willing to move his rights + a 1st and Blum for Kessel but once Kessel knew Burke would pay 5.4 he wasn't going to sign in Nashville for anything less.

So we have 2 GM's who have negotiated before, and Boston interested in adding Radulov for NEXT year to play on the RW with Savard OR Krejci. I believe the Toronto 2nd will be (hopefully) in the 31-34 range while the Boston one in the mid 30's which is still pretty high especially paired with the Nashville pick.

I have already explained the Recchi motivation for Nashville. Seems to work for both teams with immediate help for Nashville coming in now at a LOW cost with a high second to work with in the off-season. Plus you see Radulov once a year if he comes back over.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 11:52 PM
  #222
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Well we know Chiarelli was after Radulov in the summer and Poile was willing to move his rights + a 1st and Blum for Kessel but once Kessel knew Burke would pay 5.4 he wasn't going to sign in Nashville for anything less.

So we have 2 GM's who have negotiated before, and Boston interested in adding Radulov for NEXT year to play on the RW with Savard OR Krejci. I believe the Toronto 2nd will be (hopefully) in the 31-34 range while the Boston one in the mid 30's which is still pretty high especially paired with the Nashville pick.

I have already explained the Recchi motivation for Nashville. Seems to work for both teams with immediate help for Nashville coming in now at a LOW cost with a high second to work with in the off-season. Plus you see Radulov once a year if he comes back over.
Sending Radulov to the other conference is definitely a major consideration in trading him. I'm not sure why I'm hesitant...but I am...

A very good proposal...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 12:37 AM
  #223
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion
 
Coach Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Sending Radulov to the other conference is definitely a major consideration in trading him. I'm not sure why I'm hesitant...but I am...

A very good proposal...
Great! Now we just need our GM's to agree...

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 01:24 AM
  #224
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
And now that I think about it...

to NAS:

Boston 2nd 2010
Mark Recchi

to BOS:

Rights to Radulov

Pretty simple. Making Radulov (who doesn't look like he is coming back to Nashville) a 20+ goal RWer on the PP deflecting shots and a 2nd which is looking pretty good right now. Not sure if it could be Boston's or Toronto's at this point, but Boston is slowly looking like sellers right now.

I really am not trying to pawn Recchi off to anyone, but I know this will be his last year and Nashville's PP needs that guy in front and has a better shot than the Bruins right now.
Still wouldn't do it if I'm the Preds. When Radulov's contract is up with the KHL, we will lose Arnott and Sully that same offseason. If Radulov truly wants to return, we would get him back that year at a lower salary than most guys with his skill set. While it might help immediately, Recchi is gone after this season and it's just not worth it. If we trade Radulov, I'd prefer someone who's going to be around for a while as opposed to a 25 game rental and a pick who won't see the ice for 3-4 years at the earliest.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 11:44 AM
  #225
Baba Ganoush
Registered User
 
Baba Ganoush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,499
vCash: 500
i can picture alexei ponikarovsky in a preds uniform.

do you guys think there's any interest from your side? if so, what would a decent deal be? thanks

Baba Ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.