HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston - Toronto

Old
01-09-2010, 04:57 PM
grabo84

vCash: 500
Boston - Toronto

Ugh, I feel stupid for posting a Kaberle proposal, but I think this makes some sense for both teams involved. Kaberle is likely to waive his NTC to an eastern conference team, and the further the Leafs slip out of playoff contention, the more likely it is Burke will look to deal him. Chiarelli already expressed interest in Kaberle last year, so there is at least some interest in Kaberle as a player from Boston's end.

To Boston:

Tomas Kaberle

To Toronto:

Dennis Wideman
Boston 1st Round pick
Vladimir Sobotka

Boston replaces a defenceman whose had some struggles recently with a premier puckmover signed for one more year at pretty much the same salary as Wideman. They keep Toronto's first round pick from the Kessel deal, and have a likely high second as well to cash in if they want to move up, making the first somewhat expendable for the upgrade to Kaberle. Sobotka hasn't been getting much icetime, so he seems like a natural fit to serve as a fill in on a Leaf team that might be short some bodies after deadline day.

Toronto takes a pretty big risk in dealing Kaberle for Wideman, but they do get younger in the deal, and Wideman is a very good offensive D when he's on his game with the potential to replace Kaberle's contribution on the backend down the road. Adding a first in this draft is obviously the main piece that makes taking that risk worthwhile, and Sobotka is a scrappy player who might be the victim of a numbers game in Boston.

Thoughts?

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 05:00 PM
All_blueandwhite

Not a chance from the Leafs. I'm pretty sure Bruin's fans are calling for Wideman's head, and Sobotka isn't anything special

All_blueandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 05:12 PM
embracedbias

I think the deal makes sense. It would depend on Burke's valuation of Wideman, though.

Leafs could probably add someone like Mayers.

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 05:13 PM
bostonbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_blueandwhite View Post
Not a chance from the Leafs. I'm pretty sure Bruin's fans are calling for Wideman's head, and Sobotka isn't anything special
kaberle is not worth that at all wideman may be having a down season, but he is still good, and sobotka is young and good at faceoffs and defense. kaberle is not what the bruins need and isnt worth a 1st rnd pick alone.

bostonbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 05:13 PM
TheFisherKing

if kaberle goes to boston, well need to get our 1st, or one of their top centres.

What about Kaberle, and Stajan for Krejci/Bergeron, 2nd 10 Tor?

TheFisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Alex28*

Boston would think twice about doing Wideman for Kaberle alone.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 05:31 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCokeHead View Post
if kaberle goes to boston, well need to get our 1st, or one of their top centres.

What about Kaberle, and Stajan for Krejci/Bergeron, 2nd 10 Tor?
How much would we have to pay to get Krejci/Bergeron AND our pick back?

Boston escaped with a lop sided one, right? lol

check that, I was thinking number 81..
and for a second, completely forgot who was leading NHL goalies, in the 2 most important stats as of the last time I checked...
hahhahahaha

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
Hahaha, no thanks from Boston's POV

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 05:32 PM
re5piration
'67 til

Make it our first next year and you have yourself a deal, Boston.

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Diskothek

lololol

Diskothek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Jwm1986

wowzers

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:26 PM
mjsnipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Ugh, I feel stupid for posting a Kaberle proposal, but I think this makes some sense for both teams involved. Kaberle is likely to waive his NTC to an eastern conference team, and the further the Leafs slip out of playoff contention, the more likely it is Burke will look to deal him. Chiarelli already expressed interest in Kaberle last year, so there is at least some interest in Kaberle as a player from Boston's end.

To Boston:

Tomas Kaberle

To Toronto:

Dennis Wideman
Boston 1st Round pick
Vladimir Sobotka

Boston replaces a defenceman whose had some struggles recently with a premier puckmover signed for one more year at pretty much the same salary as Wideman. They keep Toronto's first round pick from the Kessel deal, and have a likely high second as well to cash in if they want to move up, making the first somewhat expendable for the upgrade to Kaberle. Sobotka hasn't been getting much icetime, so he seems like a natural fit to serve as a fill in on a Leaf team that might be short some bodies after deadline day.

Toronto takes a pretty big risk in dealing Kaberle for Wideman, but they do get younger in the deal, and Wideman is a very good offensive D when he's on his game with the potential to replace Kaberle's contribution on the backend down the road. Adding a first in this draft is obviously the main piece that makes taking that risk worthwhile, and Sobotka is a scrappy player who might be the victim of a numbers game in Boston.

Thoughts?
this trade only goes through if thats the leafs first coming back

mjsnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:29 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

I do this, it helps our team and our pick.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:31 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsnipe View Post
this trade only goes through if thats the leafs first coming back
That will never happen, Chiarelli will keep that pick no matter what.

Old
01-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Lord Ahriman

Not that bad, but sounds a little bit too much. I'm not underrating Kaberle, but, IMO, Wideman had some good games in the last 2 weeks and Sobotka is important now. If Toronto accepts Ryder + Boston 1st 2010, could work for both teams. He isn't living a good season, but is a very good forward, perhaps a change of scenario could be good for him. We would be loosing one forward, but Kaberle could create better plays from the Blue Line and as result, more goals.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 08:56 AM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
Not that bad, but sounds a little bit too much. I'm not underrating Kaberle, but, IMO, Wideman had some good games in the last 2 weeks and Sobotka is important now. If Toronto accepts Ryder + Boston 1st 2010, could work for both teams. He isn't living a good season, but is a very good forward, perhaps a change of scenario could be good for him. We would be loosing one forward, but Kaberle could create better plays from the Blue Line and as result, more goals.
We don't want Ryder, he apparently needed a change from Montreal.
Kaberle, Stajan, Hanson
for
Bergeron, salary dump

We need a top 2 centre, we dont want Savard.... Kaberle to Boston means Bergeron or Krejci come back....Not many teams can afford to give up a top 2 guy, but Boston has 3, top 2 centreman...

Old
01-10-2010, 08:58 AM
grabo84

Quote:
I don't know, I don't like Ryder very much, and the attraction of dealing for Wideman + is that we get back a defenceman who has at least a shot at replacing Kaberle's production in the future. Ryder just adds another goal scoring winger, which isn't bad, but isn't exactly a need for the Leafs. Personally, the packages Buffalo fans were proposing for Kaberle were a lot more useful to Toronto imo.

Now, if it was Krejci instead of Ryder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
We need a top 2 centre, we dont want Savard.... Kaberle to Boston means Bergeron or Krejci come back....Not many teams can afford to give up a top 2 guy, but Boston has 3, top 2 centreman...
I doubt Boston trades either of those guys, realistically. I'm sure those are the first players Burke would be asking about though.

Old
01-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
We don't want Ryder, he apparently needed a change from Montreal.
Kaberle, Stajan, Hanson
for
Bergeron, salary dump

Quote:
I don't know, I don't like Ryder very much, and the attraction of dealing for Wideman + is that we get back a defenceman who has at least a shot at replacing Kaberle's production in the future. Ryder just adds another goal scoring winger, which isn't bad, but isn't exactly a need for the Leafs. Personally, the packages Buffalo fans were proposing for Kaberle were a lot more useful to Toronto imo.

Now, if it was Krejci instead of Ryder.

I doubt Boston trades either of those guys, realistically. I'm sure those are the first players Burke would be asking about though.

Bergeron or Krejci won't be available for any trade, IMO. Both are very important in our system. But, lets assume that Chia thinks in put Krejci on the table (Bergeron > Krejci and certainly our next captain), probably Toronto would have to overpay to acquire him. Kaberle for Krejci, one by one? Looking as a neutral opinion, I would say that could be very close to a fair proposal, but looking from the perspective of our system, Krejci is much younger than Kaberle, and when he will be in his prime, Kaberle would be in decline, so probably Chia would ask for something like Kaberle + medium prospect for Krejci.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 09:19 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Bergeron or Krejci won't be available for any trade, IMO. Both are very important in our system. But, lets assume that Chia thinks in put Krejci on the table (Bergeron > Krejci and certainly our next captain), probably Toronto would have to overpay to acquire him. Kaberle for Krejci, one by one? Looking as a neutral opinion, I would say that could be very close to a fair proposal, but looking from the perspective of our system, Krejci is much younger than Kaberle, and when he will be in his prime, Kaberle would be in decline, so probably Chia would ask for something like Kaberle + medium prospect for Krejci.
I'd seriously consider dealing Kaberle for Krejci straight up at the very least, and you'd have to think Burke would be interested.

Old
01-10-2010, 09:30 AM
sparxx87

Quote:
I'd seriously consider dealing Kaberle for Krejci straight up at the very least, and you'd have to think Burke would be interested.
Ya i agree, Bergeron was just being greedy....lol
Krejci, our 2nd
for
Kaberle, Stajan(their new 3rd line centre) & salary dump

I like Stajan a lot better with guys like Lucic and Chara around, so his lack of toughness wont be exploited like it is, here. lol

Old
01-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Ritzie

Quote:

A top 3 scoring d-man in the league for a guy who has fewer points than Blake and Grabo and you're asking for a medium prospect as well?

Ritzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Maximus74

How many Leaf fans would trade Kabs for our #1 2010 back?

Maximus74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonbs View Post
kaberle is not worth that at all wideman may be having a down season, but he is still good, and sobotka is young and good at faceoffs and defense. kaberle is not what the bruins need and isnt worth a 1st rnd pick alone.
Wrong. I do that deal easily.

Kabs is better than Wideman by a fair margin. Compare salaries and you see that Kaberle easily is the better value.
Sobotka has yet to develop any offense in the NHL, and while he has in the A, and is still young, sometimes you have to gamble. He's best at C. We have 3. We have a couple more in the pipeline. He's expendable.

We have 4 1st rounders and 4 2nd rounders in the next 2 years. Giving 1 up is no big deal, and in fact might be necessary anyway.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Fire Julien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus74 View Post
How many Leaf fans would trade Kabs for our #1 2010 back?
That's irrelevant because you're not getting that pick back.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto77 View Post
Boston would think twice about doing Wideman for Kaberle alone.
Chiarelli would drive Wideman to Toronto and pay the tolls if he could get Kaberle straight up.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote