HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lee Stempniak to Buffalo

Old
01-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Dr Turk

vCash: 500
Lee Stempniak to Buffalo

I've seen a couple buffalo fans express interest in Stempniak, what would they have to offer for him?

Dr Turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Knowledge*

As a Sabres fan, I don't think the team is interested in any Toronto players.
The Sabres do not need a D man and Toronto offers nothing for the Sabres on the offensive side.

Knowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTurkelton View Post
I've seen a couple buffalo fans express interest in Stempniak, what would they have to offer for him?
Most who've expressed interest have also conceded bias because he's a "Buffalo guy." I don't think Stempy is what Regier is looking for. He's not a significant upgrade from Stafford or MacArthur, doesn't bring playoff experience and doesn't add much to the top 6 in the way of physicality. I believe Regier will look to add someone like Cullen who can help on the PP, has Cup experience and can move Roy out to LW.

But, to answer your question, I would offer a conditional 3rd for him (the worse pick between Buffalo's and Boston's 3rd rounder) if Buffalo was that low on options.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 04:26 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slesh View Post
The Sabres do not need a D man and Toronto offers nothing for the Sabres on the offensive side.
Not Stemp, but Poni, who is also for sale...
15g, 14a, for 29 points Would lead ur team in goals, and be t-3 with Pominville for points...
But iIguess thats no help..

If your statement read; Toronto and Buffalo, do not make good trade partners, because we are division rivals...then im on board...but as far as we dont have the players to help you?
Thats like us, insulting you by saying, nobody on Buffalo would be any help to us in goal.....
If your laughing at this one, that was my reaction to ur post...
Scoring goals will do ur team good, and, your goalie wont be exhausted by april, and will NOT have to be ur mvp, almost every night....like he has been...Without Miller, you guys aren't even close to where you are...give him some help...

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Knowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Not Stemp, but Poni, who is also for sale...
15g, 14a, for 29 points Would lead ur team in goals, and be t-3 with Pominville for points...
But iIguess thats no help..

If your statement read; Toronto and Buffalo, do not make good trade partners, because we are division rivals...then im on board...but as far as we dont have the players to help you?
Thats like us, insulting you by saying, nobody on Buffalo would be any help to us in goal.....
If your laughing at this one, that was my reaction to ur post...
Scoring goals will do ur team good, and, your goalie wont be exhausted by april, and will NOT have to be ur mvp, almost every night....like he has been...Without Miller, you guys aren't even close to where you are...give him some help...
Well, I am not laughing at the Leafs, but, quite frankly, your team does not offer the type of impact player needed to solidify 1 of our 2 scoring lines.
Sorry you feel the way you do, but, hate the Leafs management team, not a Sabres fan. And on that point, being a Sabres fan, I have found my team in the position Toronto is now, back in the 80's, during the Bankrupcty.

Toronto will rebuild and be a contender again, but don't be hating on fans who just calls them as they sees them.

Old
01-10-2010, 04:54 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Well, I am not laughing at the Leafs, but, quite frankly, your team does not offer the type of impact player needed to solidify 1 of our 2 scoring lines.
Sorry you feel the way you do, but, hate the Leafs management team, not a Sabres fan. And on that point, being a Sabres fan, I have found my team in the position Toronto is now, back in the 80's, during the Bankrupcty.

Toronto will rebuild and be a contender again, but don't be hating on fans who just calls them as they sees them.
Im not hating on anyone...but if you think Poni wouldn't fit on ur top 2 lines.....Hopefully Regier dsn't share your logic, for Sabres fans sake.

Old
01-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Quote:
Im not hating on anyone...but if you think Poni wouldn't fit on ur top 2 lines.....Hopefully Regier dsn't share your logic, for Sabres fans sake.
Just because Poni has more goals than any Sabres player doesn't mean he'd fit in our lineup. Stats aren't everything.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 05:04 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2189 View Post
Just because Poni has more goals than any Sabres player doesn't mean he'd fit in our lineup. Stats aren't everything.
I missed the part, where I said stats are everything...
But I look at ur top 4 wingers(29,26,21,41) and I pick 1, maybe 2 over him RIGHT NOW......future, maybe a different story, but with how ur goalie is playing, i'd be going for it!

Old
01-10-2010, 05:30 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

Quote:

i am not normally someone who picks on rookie posters however don't take this guy's opinion as fact here. toronto has plenty of young talented ufa's who would bring something to the table. toronto is a complicated hockey team to figure out. i agree about not needing a defensemen.

i am a big fan of bringing in lee.

Last edited by ImpressedDAHagent: 01-10-2010 at 05:44 PM.
ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 05:37 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

i hope the sabres are able to land Stempniak, while we can all dream of a bigger talent like a shane doan or the like. Stempniak would fit perfectly in our system and be an upgrade for our offense and powerplay. he would be one more player to rely on and give us a consistent effort. at worst he is an upgrade over kennedy though we are just looking for a certain skill set. (not suggesting that we trade kennedy)

it's a trade i wish would happen sooner rather then later. in terms of value well i was way off with my trade proposal however i would prefer that if the sabres are bringing in anyone we would use prospects and picks to do it.

if i need to sell how Stempniak fits onto the team, then the person simply doesn't evaluate hockey.

other options are torres. however i like Stempniak as a buffalo sabre. having 3 guys from buffalo is the kind of story line we need for this organization and i personally have a higher excitement level when a local product performs.

the leafs could use a bit of retooling and they have done fairly well drafting of recent.

buffalo: 2nd and gerbe

toronto : Stempniak

and a plane ticket out west for our road trip. that's an expensive ticket but i am sure Burke has plenty of frequent flyer miles.

sure i am offering a lot, but i like lee and i think it would work out as a rental. i wonder if Stempniak would want to come here? he wouldn't have to go far... maybe he would hate the night life?

Last edited by ImpressedDAHagent: 01-10-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old
01-10-2010, 07:23 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpressedDAHagent View Post

I want no part of this, and neither does Regier.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 07:41 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cous4th View Post
I want no part of this, and neither does Regier.
alright. well i am overpaying to get him. gerbe and a 3rd ?

what are you thinking?

Old
01-10-2010, 07:51 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
i hope the sabres are able to land Stempniak, while we can all dream of a bigger talent like a shane doan or the like. Stempniak would fit perfectly in our system and be an upgrade for our offense and powerplay. he would be one more player to rely on and give us a consistent effort. at worst he is an upgrade over kennedy though we are just looking for a certain skill set. (not suggesting that we trade kennedy)

it's a trade i wish would happen sooner rather then later. in terms of value well i was way off with my trade proposal however i would prefer that if the sabres are bringing in anyone we would use prospects and picks to do it.

if i need to sell how Stempniak fits onto the team, then the person simply doesn't evaluate hockey.

other options are torres. however i like Stempniak as a buffalo sabre. having 3 guys from buffalo is the kind of story line we need for this organization and i personally have a higher excitement level when a local product performs.

the leafs could use a bit of retooling and they have done fairly well drafting of recent.

and a plane ticket out west for our road trip. that's an expensive ticket but i am sure Burke has plenty of frequent flyer miles.

sure i am offering a lot, but i like lee and i think it would work out as a rental. i wonder if Stempniak would want to come here? he wouldn't have to go far... maybe he would hate the night life?
I so appreciate when posters have a level head and don't judge players simply because they play on a poor hockey team. The other advantage of adding Lee for depth is that he's currently used on our #1 pp as the shooter for Kabs. So in the event of in game injury he's an available option to drop down to the point for pp purposes. That's a good type of depth player to add when a team like Buffalo has a legit shot at legs in the playoffs. So many people just want the all star or nothing. i.e kings fans. I like your proposal although I don't think it would take that much. Gerbe doesn't seem like the type of player Burke would add though unless he's had a recent growing spurt. I'd be happy with your second proposal of Gerbe and a 3rd for sure.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 08:21 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Quote:

what are you thinking?
I believe that Regier has the impression that Gerbe is our most valuable prospect. I'm not sure it's the case, but since a 2nd bagged the Sabres Moore last year I would think that's good enough on its own.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 08:43 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

cool. thanks for the pleasant comments. yeah toronto is quite an impossible cookie to figure out. i hope the leafs sign stajan. however back to this deal.

Stempniak is not the ultimate addition but he has a few things going for him. (who knows what's out there and what darcy is looking for) i'd like to bring in another 20 goal scorer who is willing to go to the net and kill penaltys.

he reminds me of when we added Steve Heinze.

for me Stempniak is plenty.

Last edited by ImpressedDAHagent: 01-10-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old
01-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 4200
I could see the fit, hes a Buffalo native too I believe.

Epictetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 09:21 PM
last row purple

vCash: 680
Quote:

what are you thinking?
Im thinking... if you give us a 2nd, theres no need to wait until the deadline.

last row purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Knowledge*

Quote:
i am not normally someone who picks on rookie posters however don't take this guy's opinion as fact here. toronto has plenty of young talented ufa's who would bring something to the table. toronto is a complicated hockey team to figure out. i agree about not needing a defensemen.

i am a big fan of bringing in lee.
Really? I hadn't realized that stating an opinion was factual. Hmmm......well, one wonders why even make that statement. On to the next I guess, which brings up rookie posting, as you call it. Looking at Toronto's roster and looking at Buffalo's roster has absolutely zero bearing on whether i've posted once or one thousand times.

But hey, thanks for "putting me in my place" gesture. Nice to know you "glanced over" my post without reading it to its "factual" based status with an "opinion".

Well, back to the issue at hand. Buffalo is stocked in Dmen, Buffalo does need an impact player, either playmaker or goal scorer. Not many of these available. Kovalchuck, but real pricey. On Toronto's roster I just don't see a talent that would come in and increase production. Just an opinion.

Old
01-10-2010, 09:32 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by last row purple View Post
Im thinking... if you give us a 2nd, theres no need to wait until the deadline.
Thats what im sayin...

btw;
could I interest you in Blake, or Finger? lol

Old
01-10-2010, 09:41 PM
gabeliscious

i think a 2nd rounder for stempniak is reasonable. i would also be happy with a prospect equivalent to a 2nd rounder. the prospect in mind is enroth but i get the feeling that buffalo is really high on him. with miller locked up its not that unreasonable imo.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 09:45 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

Quote:
Really? I hadn't realized that stating an opinion was factual. Hmmm......well, one wonders why even make that statement. On to the next I guess, which brings up rookie posting, as you call it. Looking at Toronto's roster and looking at Buffalo's roster has absolutely zero bearing on whether i've posted once or one thousand times.

But hey, thanks for "putting me in my place" gesture. Nice to know you "glanced over" my post without reading it to its "factual" based status with an "opinion".

Well, back to the issue at hand. Buffalo is stocked in Dmen, Buffalo does need an impact player, either playmaker or goal scorer. Not many of these available. Kovalchuck, but real pricey. On Toronto's roster I just don't see a talent that would come in and increase production. Just an opinion.
its just awefully rude to tell a fan base that no one on their team has value when that clearly isn't the case. there are about 5-10 player's on toronto i would take but its all relative toward value. sorry man and your right. however sometimes its more complicated then stats and point totals.

isn't Stempniak an impact player? which is really what i am trying to figure out myself. describe the kind of talent the sabres need on offense?

i hope something gets done before the deadline too. if we were to bring someone in now, it would stir up the offense, allow us to have time to figure out line combinations, work on the powerplay and give us another offensive weapon to spark slumping lines. when we lost kotalik and max we lost some powerplay goal scoring so this is needed to a degree.

Last edited by ImpressedDAHagent: 01-10-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old
01-10-2010, 10:35 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Vanek Ponikarovsky
GP 39 46
G 12 15
A 13 14
P 25 29

Poni makes 2 mil, what about ur guy?
And ur right, Poni would be no help to your guys production..
Should we send him to see Darcy on July 1st, since you guys are giving, to charity?
lol...heres one...
Ponikarovsky
for
salary dump(Vanek)

Old
01-10-2010, 10:47 PM
GrierIsGod123

Quote:
cool. thanks for the pleasant comments. yeah toronto is quite an impossible cookie to figure out. i hope the leafs sign stajan. however back to this deal.

Stempniak is not the ultimate addition but he has a few things going for him. (who knows what's out there and what darcy is looking for) i'd like to bring in another 20 goal scorer who is willing to go to the net and kill penaltys.

You seem to ramble a lot and don't say much that makes sense....the last thing we need is more penalty killers. We have an over-abundance of GOOD penalty killers, hence our highly rated PK. I just don't see where Stempniak fits on this team right now. He's not supplanting Stafford or Pominville for a top 6 RW position. He's certainly not going to take Grier's spot on the third line. I suppose you could replace Macarthur with him, but that would be a lateral move at best. Stempniak is a good player, but not what we need. I think Gerbe or Ennis could be just as effective on this team at the wing, as they already know the system and have loads of talent.

I'd rather the Sabres get a guy like Cullen, Stajan, Todd White, etc. In other words, a center who's good on draws and can play PP and improve our third line. You put a guy like that in the lineup and move Kennedy to the wing, and you have a legitimate third scoring line. Kennedy is not a good center at this point, mainly because of his hideous face-off abilities...he'd be more effective at LW, IMO.

GrierIsGod123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:50 PM
highoffglass
Cheers!

Quote:
Vanek Ponikarovsky
GP 39 46
G 12 15
A 13 14
P 25 29

Poni makes 2 mil, what about ur guy?
And ur right, Poni would be no help to your guys production..
Should we send him to see Darcy on July 1st, since you guys are giving, to charity?
lol...heres one...
Ponikarovsky
for
salary dump(Vanek)
tough to argue that, lol

highoffglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:53 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:

I think Burke may have some good interest if we could add Gerbe with the more I think about it. If he didn't want him on the NHL roster this year to replace Lee at the very least he'd be a welcome addition to the Marlies who are struggling as badly as the leafs this year. If we could add the 3rd or a 4th to do it sooner then later I think it would be a done deal.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote