HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will the Regina Pats trade Jordan Eberle?

Old
01-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Hockey Fan #751

vCash: 500
Will the Regina Pats trade Jordan Eberle?

It's an interesting question. Will the Regina Pats trade Jordan Eberle before tomorrow's trade deadline?

It's a question that affects the Oilers more than you think. They're likely to miss the playoffs so if they don't deal him, he will probably join either Edmonton or Springfield sometime around March 13 (when the Pats season ends). If the do move him to Brandon or somewhere else there's a good chance he'll be playing deep into the WHL/CHL postseason.

Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

I would expect them to, as long as it benefits the team.

Jimmi McJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 06:29 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
I hope they trade him to a team that makes the playoffs

if he comes into the last ten games of the year--he could cause a few victories

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 06:33 PM
hfboardsuser

No. They just traded a huge chunk of their future for Carter Ashton. Turning around and moving Eberle would be admitting they made a mistake.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 06:33 PM
nullterm

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I hope they trade him to a team that makes the playoffs

if he comes into the last ten games of the year--he could cause a few victories
Indeed. Better off playing WHL post-season than with the big club right now. I'd rather see the Oil sort out it's current issues before bringing in bringing in it's future talent.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

I don't think they will and I don't think they would want to

I don't even think eberle would want to be traded. Didn't they aquire Carter Ashton and another defenseman with the intention of making the playoffs?

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Hockey Fan #751

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani View Post
I don't even think eberle would want to be traded. Didn't they aquire Carter Ashton and another defenseman with the intention of making the playoffs?
Yes, and in December announced that Eberle (and Teubert) would not be going anywhere. But since then they've gone into the tank. They're nine points out with 28 games left. Do they stay true to their word or admit they made a mistake and try and get something out of those two players who won't be back next season?

Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 07:17 PM
I am the Liquor
Fire Mact

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan #751 View Post
Yes, and in December announced that Eberle (and Teubert) would not be going anywhere. But since then they've gone into the tank. They're nine points out with 28 games left. Do they stay true to their word or admit they made a mistake and try and get something out of those two players who won't be back next season?
Im sure they will be fine now that they have their players back.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan #751 View Post

They're likely to miss the playoffs so if they don't deal him, he will probably join either Edmonton or Springfield sometime around March 13 (when the Pats season ends).
Eberle had 3 goals & 6 assists in 9 games last season in the AHL after Regina was out of the playoffs....

Why not test check his progress against older, more physically mature players once again......

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Arpeggio

If the Pats do miss the playoffs, expect Eberle to be up with the big team asap. Quinn's going to want to see what he's got.

Arpeggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I was expecting them to move Eberle to a contender but after the Carter Ashton stuff, yeah no.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:51 PM
SlowFreshOil*

It would be surprising to me as Brent Parker likes to keep players on his team for the duration of their WHL career.

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Alex87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
If the Pats do miss the playoffs, expect Eberle to be up with the big team asap. Quinn's going to want to see what he's got.
It would also keep the seats filled at Rexall. Give us something to cheer for, anyways.

Alex87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 09:22 PM
alexo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex87 View Post
It would also keep the seats filled at Rexall. Give us something to cheer for, anyways.

Funny, I was actually just about to say that it would sell some seats if he were recalled here after missing the playoffs.

alexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex87 View Post

Would that not bring Eberle one year closer to becoming a UFA...........

Old
01-09-2010, 10:01 PM
alexo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
Would that not bring Eberle one year closer to becoming a UFA...........

Depends on how many games he plays. If I'm not mistaken, if he plays 10 or more NHL games then it knocks a year off his entry level deal. Someone could probably elaborate on that better than me though.

Old
01-09-2010, 10:21 PM
reckless_abandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexo View Post
Depends on how many games he plays. If I'm not mistaken, if he plays 10 or more NHL games then it knocks a year off his entry level deal. Someone could probably elaborate on that better than me though.
Does that include playoff games? Nothing we would need to worry about, just wondering.

Last edited by reckless_abandon: 01-09-2010 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Had the word playoffs in a conversation about the oilers. mistake.
reckless_abandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexo View Post

If I'm not mistaken, if he plays 10 or more NHL games then it knocks a year off his entry level deal. Someone could probably elaborate on that better than me though.
I believe that also...

Oilers play 6 games in April plus 8 games in March after they might need to make a decision on Eberle - which would take him a year closer to UFA...

And if he wins games for the Oilers & drops us down a few spots in the upcoming draft, I for one, will not be impressed.....

Old
01-09-2010, 11:32 PM
alexo

You would have to think that there would be next to no reason to bring him up here towards the end of the season.. i'm guessing he'd get some games in Springfield instead. But who knows. But it would be nice to have those 9 trial games available at the start of next year instead (assuming he has to play 10 games to lose a year on his ELS).

And to the guy asking if it includes playoff games, I would have to assume so.

Old
01-09-2010, 11:37 PM
OilerNut*

Why bring him into the NHL at the end of the season? Let him finish off in the AHL. Can we at least try not to over hype this guy?

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:45 PM
surshot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
Why bring him into the NHL at the end of the season? Let him finish off in the AHL. Can we at least try not to over hype this guy?
Did it ever occur to you that the kid might deserve the hype? Not every prospect the oilers get is going to be the next Rob Schremp or Jani Rita. They might just turn out to be good.

Whats wrong with seeing what he could do at the end of the season? As long as he does not help us win I see no issue with it.

surshot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:53 PM
alexo

Quote:
Originally Posted by surshot View Post
Did it ever occur to you that the kid might deserve the hype? Not every prospect the oilers get is going to be the next Rob Schremp or Jani Rita. They might just turn out to be good.

Whats wrong with seeing what he could do at the end of the season? As long as he does not help us win I see no issue with it.
As I mentioned a couple posts above yours, and someone else pointed out, the games he plays here will accumulate towards that 10 game barrier for when the timer on his ELS starts ticking (meaning he'll become an RFA and, eventually, UFA sooner). Why rush him into the NHL just because we're excited to see him play?

Last edited by alexo: 01-10-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old
01-10-2010, 12:02 AM
OilerNut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by surshot View Post

I'm not saying he won't be good, I think he will be very good. But I also think he have to stop rushing these guys.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Dazed and Confused
Ludicrous speed, GO!

Does it matter? He'll be 20 before the summer, so his count down UFA will start then regardless*. So what difference will it make if he starts playing 3/4 months earlier.

* I'm not certain here, but if a players 27 years old by July 1st and not signed by a team aren't they UFA, regardless of years in the league. If someone could get the correct info, it would be greatly appreciated

Dazed and Confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 01:24 AM
McLion
Gretzky to McDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
Does it matter? He'll be 20 before the summer, so his count down UFA will start then regardless*. So what difference will it make if he starts playing 3/4 months earlier.

* I'm not certain here, but if a players 27 years old by July 1st and not signed by a team aren't they UFA, regardless of years in the league. If someone could get the correct info, it would be greatly appreciated
Its 25 when you get UFA. Jay Bouwmeister signed with the Flames when he was 25.

I'd rather Eberle get traded to a contender than come to this mess in Edmonton that we have.

McLion is offline   Reply With Quote