HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will the Regina Pats trade Jordan Eberle?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2010, 06:24 PM
  #1
Hockey Fan #751
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,562
vCash: 500
Will the Regina Pats trade Jordan Eberle?

It's an interesting question. Will the Regina Pats trade Jordan Eberle before tomorrow's trade deadline?

It's a question that affects the Oilers more than you think. They're likely to miss the playoffs so if they don't deal him, he will probably join either Edmonton or Springfield sometime around March 13 (when the Pats season ends). If the do move him to Brandon or somewhere else there's a good chance he'll be playing deep into the WHL/CHL postseason.

Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 06:29 PM
  #2
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles
 
Jimmi McJenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,330
vCash: 500
I would expect them to, as long as it benefits the team.

Jimmi McJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 06:29 PM
  #3
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: EVIL EMPIRE
Country: United Nations
Posts: 60,520
vCash: 50
I hope they trade him to a team that makes the playoffs

if he comes into the last ten games of the year--he could cause a few victories

__________________
"If the Detroit Red Wings are defying gravity" by consistently contending without the benefit of high draft picks, "the Edmonton Oilers are defying lift.

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 06:33 PM
  #4
hfboardsuser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 12,280
vCash: 500
No. They just traded a huge chunk of their future for Carter Ashton. Turning around and moving Eberle would be admitting they made a mistake.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 06:33 PM
  #5
nullterm
Registered User
 
nullterm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port Moody, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,558
vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I hope they trade him to a team that makes the playoffs

if he comes into the last ten games of the year--he could cause a few victories
Indeed. Better off playing WHL post-season than with the big club right now. I'd rather see the Oil sort out it's current issues before bringing in bringing in it's future talent.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 06:55 PM
  #6
Tavaresmagicalplay*
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 19,306
vCash: 500
I don't think they will and I don't think they would want to

I don't even think eberle would want to be traded. Didn't they aquire Carter Ashton and another defenseman with the intention of making the playoffs?

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 06:58 PM
  #7
Hockey Fan #751
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaBargnani View Post
I don't even think eberle would want to be traded. Didn't they aquire Carter Ashton and another defenseman with the intention of making the playoffs?
Yes, and in December announced that Eberle (and Teubert) would not be going anywhere. But since then they've gone into the tank. They're nine points out with 28 games left. Do they stay true to their word or admit they made a mistake and try and get something out of those two players who won't be back next season?

Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 07:17 PM
  #8
I am the Liquor
Fire Mact
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,518
vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan #751 View Post
Yes, and in December announced that Eberle (and Teubert) would not be going anywhere. But since then they've gone into the tank. They're nine points out with 28 games left. Do they stay true to their word or admit they made a mistake and try and get something out of those two players who won't be back next season?
Im sure they will be fine now that they have their players back.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:03 PM
  #9
Real_Estate-Agent
Registered User
 
Real_Estate-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,744
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan #751 View Post

They're likely to miss the playoffs so if they don't deal him, he will probably join either Edmonton or Springfield sometime around March 13 (when the Pats season ends).
Eberle had 3 goals & 6 assists in 9 games last season in the AHL after Regina was out of the playoffs....

Why not test check his progress against older, more physically mature players once again......

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:04 PM
  #10
Arpeggio
Registered User
 
Arpeggio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,618
vCash: 500
If the Pats do miss the playoffs, expect Eberle to be up with the big team asap. Quinn's going to want to see what he's got.

Arpeggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:36 PM
  #11
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
I was expecting them to move Eberle to a contender but after the Carter Ashton stuff, yeah no.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:51 PM
  #12
SlowFreshOil*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
It would be surprising to me as Brent Parker likes to keep players on his team for the duration of their WHL career.

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:56 PM
  #13
Alex87
Registered User
 
Alex87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
If the Pats do miss the playoffs, expect Eberle to be up with the big team asap. Quinn's going to want to see what he's got.
It would also keep the seats filled at Rexall. Give us something to cheer for, anyways.

Alex87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 09:22 PM
  #14
alexo
Registered User
 
alexo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex87 View Post
It would also keep the seats filled at Rexall. Give us something to cheer for, anyways.

Funny, I was actually just about to say that it would sell some seats if he were recalled here after missing the playoffs.

alexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 09:52 PM
  #15
Real_Estate-Agent
Registered User
 
Real_Estate-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,744
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex87 View Post

It would also keep the seats filled at Rexall. Give us something to cheer for, anyways.
Would that not bring Eberle one year closer to becoming a UFA...........

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 10:01 PM
  #16
alexo
Registered User
 
alexo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
Would that not bring Eberle one year closer to becoming a UFA...........

Depends on how many games he plays. If I'm not mistaken, if he plays 10 or more NHL games then it knocks a year off his entry level deal. Someone could probably elaborate on that better than me though.

alexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 10:21 PM
  #17
reckless_abandon
Registered User
 
reckless_abandon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexo View Post
Depends on how many games he plays. If I'm not mistaken, if he plays 10 or more NHL games then it knocks a year off his entry level deal. Someone could probably elaborate on that better than me though.
Does that include playoff games? Nothing we would need to worry about, just wondering.


Last edited by reckless_abandon: 01-09-2010 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Had the word playoffs in a conversation about the oilers. mistake.
reckless_abandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 10:50 PM
  #18
Real_Estate-Agent
Registered User
 
Real_Estate-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,744
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexo View Post

If I'm not mistaken, if he plays 10 or more NHL games then it knocks a year off his entry level deal. Someone could probably elaborate on that better than me though.
I believe that also...

Oilers play 6 games in April plus 8 games in March after they might need to make a decision on Eberle - which would take him a year closer to UFA...

And if he wins games for the Oilers & drops us down a few spots in the upcoming draft, I for one, will not be impressed.....

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:32 PM
  #19
alexo
Registered User
 
alexo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
You would have to think that there would be next to no reason to bring him up here towards the end of the season.. i'm guessing he'd get some games in Springfield instead. But who knows. But it would be nice to have those 9 trial games available at the start of next year instead (assuming he has to play 10 games to lose a year on his ELS).

And to the guy asking if it includes playoff games, I would have to assume so.

alexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:37 PM
  #20
OilerNut*
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,959
vCash: 500
Why bring him into the NHL at the end of the season? Let him finish off in the AHL. Can we at least try not to over hype this guy?

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:45 PM
  #21
surshot*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: OILCOUNTRY
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
Why bring him into the NHL at the end of the season? Let him finish off in the AHL. Can we at least try not to over hype this guy?
Did it ever occur to you that the kid might deserve the hype? Not every prospect the oilers get is going to be the next Rob Schremp or Jani Rita. They might just turn out to be good.

Whats wrong with seeing what he could do at the end of the season? As long as he does not help us win I see no issue with it.

surshot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:53 PM
  #22
alexo
Registered User
 
alexo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surshot View Post
Did it ever occur to you that the kid might deserve the hype? Not every prospect the oilers get is going to be the next Rob Schremp or Jani Rita. They might just turn out to be good.

Whats wrong with seeing what he could do at the end of the season? As long as he does not help us win I see no issue with it.
As I mentioned a couple posts above yours, and someone else pointed out, the games he plays here will accumulate towards that 10 game barrier for when the timer on his ELS starts ticking (meaning he'll become an RFA and, eventually, UFA sooner). Why rush him into the NHL just because we're excited to see him play?


Last edited by alexo: 01-10-2010 at 12:07 AM.
alexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 12:02 AM
  #23
OilerNut*
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surshot View Post
Did it ever occur to you that the kid might deserve the hype? Not every prospect the oilers get is going to be the next Rob Schremp or Jani Rita. They might just turn out to be good.

Whats wrong with seeing what he could do at the end of the season? As long as he does not help us win I see no issue with it.
I'm not saying he won't be good, I think he will be very good. But I also think he have to stop rushing these guys.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 12:49 AM
  #24
Dazed and Confused
Ludicrous speed, GO!
 
Dazed and Confused's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,601
vCash: 500
Does it matter? He'll be 20 before the summer, so his count down UFA will start then regardless*. So what difference will it make if he starts playing 3/4 months earlier.



* I'm not certain here, but if a players 27 years old by July 1st and not signed by a team aren't they UFA, regardless of years in the league. If someone could get the correct info, it would be greatly appreciated

Dazed and Confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 01:24 AM
  #25
McLion
Gretzky to McDavid
 
McLion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
Does it matter? He'll be 20 before the summer, so his count down UFA will start then regardless*. So what difference will it make if he starts playing 3/4 months earlier.



* I'm not certain here, but if a players 27 years old by July 1st and not signed by a team aren't they UFA, regardless of years in the league. If someone could get the correct info, it would be greatly appreciated
Its 25 when you get UFA. Jay Bouwmeister signed with the Flames when he was 25.

I'd rather Eberle get traded to a contender than come to this mess in Edmonton that we have.

McLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.