HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Will End Up With More Points And A Better +/- Horcoff or Schremp?

View Poll Results: Who Will Have More Points And A Better+/- Horcoff Or Schremp?
Horcoff more points and better +/- 25 11.01%
Horcoff less points but better +/- 1 0.44%
Schremp more points but worse +/- 7 3.08%
Schremp more points and better +/- 91 40.09%
Seriously? Rob ****in' Schremp is challenging Horcoff?!?! 26 11.45%
Holy **** Horcoff has fallen THAT far?!?!? 38 16.74%
Holy **** Rob Schremp is a player!?!?!? 11 4.85%
We should've kept Schremp and buried Horcoff in the minors! 28 12.33%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2010, 01:46 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
I thought you were over Schremp BBO? This sounds like a poll just so you can brag about how good Schremp is doing at the moment,
Someone said that this poll should be done, so I made it since no one else stepped up to do it. This is the first Schremp thread that I've created in some time, it is just too funny to myself and some others to let this go without saying something about it. He maybe a better producer on a better team than the $5.5 million man.

Old
01-10-2010, 01:52 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
If Schremp keep it up he will pass HOrcoff in a week

Old
01-10-2010, 01:53 AM
battlegoon

Quote:
I thought you were over Schremp BBO? This sounds like a poll just so you can brag about how good Schremp is doing at the moment,
He has the right to brag, he was right about Schremp... Then again its only been 24 games...

Old
01-10-2010, 01:58 AM
surshot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
What would Mactavish think?
Mact-- Hey Horc I got you that big contract by giving you the most minutes and playing you with Hemmer all those years. I am hurt that the fans think it was my fault. So this season pretend that your shoulder is hurt everyone well believe but make sure you are in the line up I do not want you winning faceoffs or scoring any points. That way we can teach these fans a lesson for not sticking by me.

Horc--- Hahahahahahahahahaha thats going to be great and my contract is ironclad that well teach those fans for thinking i was over paid and not a first line center. You got it Mac i am going to do it, even schremp is going to have a better season then me.

Horc and Mact----Hahahahahagigglehahahasmooch.

Horc---I love you Mac.

Mact---I love you too now lets get naked.

Old
01-10-2010, 01:59 AM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlegoon View Post
He has the right to brag, he was right about Schremp... Then again its only been 24 games...
10 games does not make a career. Schremp still has a lot to prove if BBO wants to claim he was "right" about him.

Old
01-10-2010, 02:01 AM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by surshot View Post

Old
01-10-2010, 02:03 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Quote:

Old
01-10-2010, 02:04 AM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:

Horc---I love you Mac.

Old
01-10-2010, 02:27 AM
Tommy35

Quote:

Horc---I love you Mac.

toooo funny!!!

Old
01-10-2010, 04:32 AM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

Missing the "Schremp with less points and a better +/-" option, which is what looks to be the case.

Not that this means much. Horc is struggling badly with real minutes, Schremp doesn't play real minutes and still sucks at ES.

Old
01-10-2010, 04:46 AM
Arpeggio

Horcoff is the better hockey player. Schremp still has yet to score an ES goal, and he's being sheltered at even-strength anyway. Horcoff is a far better hockey player than Schremp will ever be.

Old
01-10-2010, 06:41 AM
CorpseFX

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlegoon View Post
at least Schremp is putting up points in a 4th line role and gaining confidence as he learns his way through the league in those 24 games. the Oilers didnt even want to offer him that. you have to applaud the dude for that.

also, how many seasons of wishy washy play did it take (or just straight up obvious eyeballing) for people to catch on that Horcoff has the skill of a Peewee house leaguer? hes going to be 32 and it took that long for people to write him off finally? thats probably more retarded than the Schremp Hype Machine because you people ate it longer always hoping for some consistency that was based more on Hemsky elevating Horcoff's game to work hard so he'd get a payoff. now that he has no one good enough to tandem with AT ALL to help salvage his season, hes exposed as a fraud (or so youd think by all the posters now other than the ones who have crushes on him - or have calculators for brains figuring out CORSI crapola).

he works hard. he does little things decently. he can chop in some slop goals. and has the hands of an Easter Island statue - none. thats all awesome but for 5.5 mil in cap hit in his early 30s? holy hell.

Last edited by CorpseFX: 01-10-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old
01-10-2010, 06:56 AM
CorpseFX

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
Horcoff is the better hockey player. Schremp still has yet to score an ES goal, and he's being sheltered at even-strength anyway. Horcoff is a far better hockey player than Schremp will ever be.
you could just magnify your example onto Horcoff and say he has to be sheltered with high end offensive players or he blows for the role he has been given. and even when given opportunities in places he cant keep up - like the Power Play - hes still used there to hinder it.

so face it, neither are "GREAT" hockey players. they both just serve different roles and mechanics on hockey teams. who cares if Schremp is a sheltered-fourth liner who puts up some EVS points and helps the PP? its a role. and why do EVS goals matter anyhow? as long as you score somewhere during the game when you have a chance and it leads to a win thats all that matters if youre a fourth liner. he also has 6 EVS assists - two direct ones tonight - that led to EVS goals. both of those goals led to a SO win and two points. the entire play leads to the goal - not just the goal scorer. everything is related.

everyone is just ticked that they were tricked into thinking Horcoff was some Swiss Army Knife of hockey and hes not. he has medicore to poor offensive skills and has to over-exert through insane off-season workout regiments to compensate in the roles he can do consistently to KEEP A JOB: be defensively responsible (oops) and win a face off. same thing goes for everyones favorite enemy now - Ethan Moreau.

over-evaluating role players and overpaying them makes for awesome message board drama.

Old
01-10-2010, 10:41 AM
North

Schremp even in a fourth line role had no place on this team. Just like Cogliano is finding for himself right now.

If Horcoff ever gets back on track, he'll still be overpaid, but he will be a far better player than Rob Schremp.

That being said, I'm glad Schremp is having fun now and that the Isles are willing to give him the opportunity to develop.

Like I said in another thread. He put up some points in some games, big deal. So did Robert Nilsson for half a season. Look what we ended up with. A 2 million dollar mistake (he is playing a bit better now, though).

Old
01-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Antidote

The reality check on the final result here is that Horc is an established vet who will play every game, while Schremp is on a produce or perish bubble that could easily see him in the PB or on the waiver wire if he can't produce consistent results.

For the moment - as REA pointed out - he seems to be having fun, getting points and the Isles are winning more than losing. His challenge is to keep producing while fixing the substantial flaws still in his game in a practice-shortened season.

At his current rate, Horcoff will finish with 37 points. To catch him, Schremp would have to up his points per game from .50 to .70 - a higher rate than anyone on the Oilers except Penner (.90).

Old
01-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Meanashell11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
Its quite amazing how threads get bumped or made when Robby does something. It would be quite interesting to see the outrage if he goes dormant & people start postingébumping threads.
And the answer is. Horcoff more points, worse plus minus(not in your poll). Horcs on a much worse team, & gets more ice against much stiffer comp.
This. Put Robbie out vs Thorton and Heatly or Iggy and he will be a board advertisement.

Old
01-10-2010, 11:15 AM
nabob
Hall for captain

Schremp

Horcoff

Old
01-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Sammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
What would Mactavish think?
Or your saviour Quinn (hows that going by the way) .
After all, it was under his watch the Oilers were rid of him.

Old
01-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanashell11 View Post
This. Put Robbie out vs Thorton and Heatly or Iggy and he will be a board advertisement.
And how has Horcules done against those guys this year? Schremp has been better on the draw that Horc and he hasn't been anywhere near as bad defensively as everyone likes to say that he is. He's a -4 on a team that is set to miss the playoffs by a handful of points. Horcoff on the other hand has been getting his ass handed to him when playing against other teams top players and probably against scrubs as well. If Schremp were 1/2 as bad as some of you say he is he'd get murdered on the road when his team doesn't have the last change.

Old
01-10-2010, 01:18 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
Or your saviour Quinn (hows that going by the way) .
After all, it was under his watch the Oilers were rid of him.
He only had one preseason to give Shremp a look, and he got a better look in that time than he ever did under Curly. He said Horcoff should be on the Olympic team. How do you reconcile that?

Old
01-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Julio18

It's funny that this is even a topic. It really shows how bad things are in Oilerville.

I mean REALLY?! Are we discussing this? They're both wannabe hockey players.

Battle of the fail

FTR - I pick loser Schremp more points and better +\-. Horcoff is a fraud.

Old
01-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Schremp may have a better +/-, but he won't have more points. The only reason he won't have a worse +/-, is because he doesn't play enough regular time, because he isn't effective enough.

Rob Schremp is the more skilled, less effective Kyle Wellwood.

Old
01-10-2010, 01:47 PM
myteammytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Schremp may have a better +/-, but he won't have more points. The only reason he won't have a worse +/-, is because he doesn't play enough regular time, because he isn't effective enough.

Rob Schremp is the more skilled, less effective Kyle Wellwood.
schremp's last 5 games:

9:30 EV time, 14:30 total
13:03 EV time, 13:20 total
11:42 EV time, 13:50 total
11:21 EV time, 13:11 total
11:22 EV time, 15:01 total

is the extra 3 or 4 minutes of EV time horcoff usually plays really going to be that big of a factor in the +/-??

Old
01-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by myteammytown View Post
schremp's last 5 games:

9:30 EV time, 14:30 total
13:03 EV time, 13:20 total
11:42 EV time, 13:50 total
11:21 EV time, 13:11 total
11:22 EV time, 15:01 total

is the extra 3 or 4 minutes of EV time horcoff usually plays really going to be that big of a factor in the +/-??
Yes, because it's 3-4 minutes in tougher situations. Rob Schremp is only a mildly regular player because he's put up point recently and because the Isles are brutal, in terms of depth. This is why Matt Moulson looked like an all-star in the early part of the season.

Old
01-10-2010, 01:58 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Brule 41 11 13 24 -1
O'Sullivan 44 9 13 22 -20
Horcoff 40 9 10 19 -20
Nilsson 29 6 8 14 -12
Schremp 24 3 9 12 -4
Cogliano 44 4 6 10 0
This list made me very sad.

I'm not sad that we got rid of Schremp, I'm just sad that a guy we gave away on waivers is producing more offense than guys who are getting paid 2 or 3 or 5 million dollars.

Closed Thread