Notices

Thank you & Congrats from an Oiler Fan!

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2004, 11:19 AM
OilerFan24

vCash: 500
Thank you & Congrats from an Oiler Fan!

Flames fans, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for disposing of my most hated NHL team!! I think they have no class from the GM to the coach to the players to the fans! I think they underestimated the Flames and they will pay for it all summer long with another dissapointing playoff performance. I wish you the best of luck for the remainder of the post season and as much as it hurts my pride to do so I will be cheering loudly for the Flames the rest of way (I can't believe I just said that!)

Go Flames!

Old
04-20-2004, 11:45 AM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
You're welcome, it was our pleasure!

Old
04-20-2004, 02:17 PM
DBC Tweeker

We're happy to oblige!

Old
04-20-2004, 06:17 PM
Badger Bob

Very classy of you, OilerFan24. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Old
04-20-2004, 06:26 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan24
Flames fans, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for disposing of my most hated NHL team!! I think they have no class from the GM to the coach to the players to the fans! I think they underestimated the Flames and they will pay for it all summer long with another dissapointing playoff performance. I wish you the best of luck for the remainder of the post season and as much as it hurts my pride to do so I will be cheering loudly for the Flames the rest of way (I can't believe I just said that!)

Go Flames!
Hmmm....what does the 24 stand for....your post count to date? Also, you think it is maybe time to change that avatar?

I share the congrats to the Flames....was a great series, and they deserved the win.

Old
04-20-2004, 06:34 PM
Edler Von Gud

vCash: 1308
Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Sounds like a bitter Oilers fan who is pissed the Canucks knocked them out of the playoffs. Maybe the Oilers should have won a few more games earlier in the season and Oilerfan wouldn't have had to worry about losing to the Canucks in Game 82.

Old
04-20-2004, 07:58 PM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
Man, I'm going to miss you wacky Canuck fans :lol

Old
04-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Oilers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov
Sounds like a bitter Oilers fan who is pissed the Canucks knocked them out of the playoffs. Maybe the Oilers should have won a few more games earlier in the season and Oilerfan wouldn't have had to worry about losing to the Canucks in Game 82.
Oh well. What matters is that the Canucks are out with us too.

Congradulations Calgary, you deserved to win that series so much more. Can't say I'll be rooting for you here on out, but the Flames have definetely earned my respect after handily disposing of the Canucks, I only wish you could have got it done in Game 6 so Flames fans could have chanted 'Na na na na Goodbye!' so I'll do it instead:

NA NA NA NA
NA NA NA NA
HEY HEY HEY
GOODBYE

Doesn't feel too good eh? Thats how we felt when those trashy GM Place fans sang it to the Oilers.

Last edited by Oilers Hockey: 04-20-2004 at 08:18 PM.
Old
04-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov
... and you're calling Oiler fans bitter?

Far be it for ME to defend a Oiler fan, but...

Old
04-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Badger Bob

Looks like some Canucks fan haven't absorbed the loss yet. Accept the facts that:

* your power forward is under a criminal investigation

* your GM is a hotheaded blowhard

* your goaltending situation is just a tad unsettled

and most importantly...

THE CANUCKS WERE ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFFS BY A TEAM, WHICH WAS WIDELY PREDICTED TO FINISH NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE WESTERN CONFERENCE

Old
04-21-2004, 01:46 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
THE CANUCKS WERE ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFFS BY A TEAM, WHICH WAS WIDELY PREDICTED TO FINISH NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE WESTERN CONFERENCE
But were picked by many hockey experts such as Gord Stellick, Pierre Mcguire, Nick Kypreos (just to name a few) to beat us.

Admit it Flames fans, it was a blessing in disguise to play us without Bertuzzi (our best forward), Cloutier (our starter), Arvedson(best defensive forward), and yes, our captain playing with a hyper-extended elbow which requires surgery in the off-season. I know, I know, you all will point out injuries to key members such as Reinprecht, Simon, and Lydman.

Count your lucky stars, enjoy your round 1 series win, and good luck against the Wings, because I truly do hate them!

Old
04-21-2004, 12:32 PM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
But were picked by many hockey experts such as Gord Stellick, Pierre Mcguire, Nick Kypreos (just to name a few) to beat us.
Yeah, we already heard about how the Flames were the trendy pick to be this year's Mighty Ducks. None of them picked the Flames to contend for a playoff spot, at the start of the season. On the other hand, the Canucks were considered Cup contenders. End of story. Onto Motown.

Now, if only that Koltsev character can get over the loss...

Old
04-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Timmer

Gee, Its nice to see that you guys don't save all your hatred up just for the Leafs!

Closed Thread