HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hoggan sent back to San Antonio - Upshall back tuesday?

Old
01-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
Hoggan sent back to San Antonio - Upshall back tuesday?

http://coyotes.azvibe.com/2010/01/10...o-san-antonio/

Yakko tantrum in 5...4...3...2....

Last edited by Dolemite: 01-10-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 03:42 PM
SR

vCash: 500
I am starting to think your posting news to link to your site, so you get more hits on your site?

SR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR17 View Post
I am starting to think your posting news to link to your site, so you get more hits on your site?
You are very observant. I'm starting to think you have average intelligence at a minimum!

No offense Dolemite, but I've yet to see any content on that site that makes me come back. The articles on the Coyotes are quite nearly cookie cutter, and short of having some sort of insider access or more information than the masses it's not engaging. I hope it develops into a better product, don't get me wrong, so the best of luck to you.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 08:12 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
LMFAO. A tinge of sarcasm perhaps?
That said I really don't care if he chooses to post links to his own site. I'd rather have more people do Coyotes stuff on the net than less.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 08:14 PM
RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
According to Doug Moss on Saturday, Upshall a week to 10 days out from returning. Hope you're right, and he's wrong.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 08:42 PM
jmichael7753

I was sitting next to scottie during last nights game and I talked to him and he seems pretty sure he will be ready to go Tuesday. He said if mondays practice and tuesdays skate goes well he'll be in

jmichael7753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Coyotes Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael7753 View Post
I was sitting next to scottie during last nights game and I talked to him and he seems pretty sure he will be ready to go Tuesday. He said if mondays practice and tuesdays skate goes well he'll be in
This would be the best thing to happen to the Coyotes in preperation for the Sharks. And since he was put on IR retroactive to Jan 2nd, he would technically be able to come off IR on Jan 9. Let's hope this one works out.

Coyotes Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 01:21 AM
yakko

Quote:

Everyone wants more traffic to their blog, just like that guy that used to post lines when he really had no idea about the lines. I'd start a blog, but I also have no inside information and no special analysis apart from my long winded posts here. I guess not everyone can be even remotely self aware.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 01:22 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
You are very observant. I'm starting to think you have average intelligence at a minimum!

No offense Dolemite, but I've yet to see any content on that site that makes me come back. The articles on the Coyotes are quite nearly cookie cutter, and short of having some sort of insider access or more information than the masses it's not engaging. I hope it develops into a better product, don't get me wrong, so the best of luck to you.
Well, Coyotes fans complain about media coverage and the lack there of and I'm trying to find the right formula to satisfy the need for fans.

Besides, you all (are you paying attention Yakko?) REALLY need to learn what a press release is and the role it plays with media types.

What you see on the Coyotes site is what the media (myself included) gets from the team via e-mail (normally after it's published to their website). This is called a 'press release'. We take the release and if it's deemed news that's worthy to publish, we take the info then put it on our given sites/publications. Not all articles are going to be as short as this one is and it may seem repetitive. However, my site is dedicated to Coyotes news. If some articles are duplicated on the Coyotes site and other media sites that's just going to happen sometimes with sports media.

Here's more info about press release:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_release

Not all articles are going to be columns and such. It's going to be things like the Hoggan article sometimes.

Finally, if all I wanted is hits to my website I can very go into my Black Hat bag of SEO illegal hacks (illegal to Google and other search engines) and get hundreds of thousands of hits to my site within 30 days. But that's not what I'm attempting to do here. I'm in the process building readership naturally.

Last edited by Dolemite: 01-11-2010 at 01:42 AM.
Old
01-11-2010, 02:00 AM
yakko

Quote:
Yakko tantrum in 5...4...3...2....
First of all, you're pathetic. Just because I think you're a joke doesn't mean I'm throwing a tantrum. You obviously don't know what a tantrum is, because I'm pretty sure you just threw yourself one. You're attacking me because you can't defend yourself or your actions.

Of course, if you weren't so pathetic I would still question your intentions. It is incredibly suspect that someone that spent so much time being a Coyotes antagonist on these boards would suddenly turn follower and supporter right after you starting writing some blog.

Quote:
Well, Coyotes fans complain about media coverage and the lack there of and I'm trying to find the right formula to satisfy the need for fans.
You're not helping. You're just offering one more shallow source of regurgitated press releases and shallow opinions. By the way thereof is one word Mr Journalist.

Quote:
Besides, you all (are you paying attention Yakko?) REALLY need to learn what a press release is and the role it plays with media types.
Insulting your base isn't a great way to drum up support.

I know what a press release is. That might explain how I quite often scoop you despite not having an amateur blog to promote. I am also sure most people know what a press release is as well, but it is sad you feel the need to insult people's intelligence that way. It's just a sign of your arrogance I suppose.

I'm beginning to think you don't know what a press release is or the role it plays in media. A press release is a marketing tool, not a source of truth, not the whole story. It's a incredibly poor primary source of information. If you knew that you might actually have more to offer than just being a low budget, low value marketing channel for the team.

Quote:
What you see on the Coyotes site is what the media (myself included) gets from the team via e-mail (normally after it's published to their website). This is called a 'press release'. We take the release and if it's deemed news that's worthy to publish, we take the info an put it on our given sites/publications.
Yeah, you clearly don't get it. Do you see reputable news sources blindly republishing press releases? The key word there is reputable, in case you missed it. They don't. There is a reason for that. Most news channels are not in the business of being marketing channels for the material they cover. They actually have people engaging in critical thinking and writing up their own articles with more than one source with the goal of a more balanced perspective. They know that press releases are marketing material and know that in order to accurately report what they cover, they need more to the story than what they are being fed. Press releases are a tainted source. I'm just going to assume what source means when writing, but maybe that's a risk.

I'm not a journalist. I'm not even an amateur journalist. I just write up the crap I have to say on a message board. That should make it pretty sad that I seem to understand the media landscape better than you do.

Quote:
Finally, if all I wanted is hits to my website I can very go into my Black Hat bag of SEO illegal hacks (illegal to Google and other search engines) and get hundreds of thousands of hits to my site within 30 days. But that's not what I'm attempting to do here. I'm in the process building readership naturally.
Aren't you just the clever, little hacker? If you're so clever, maybe you know that getting hits isn't the ultimate goal. The goal is to make money and getting thousands of hits from mindless bots on the web doesn't actually increase click through.

You're not as clever as you think. Your blog doesn't add anything valuable. Give it up.

Old
01-11-2010, 02:06 AM
yakko

By the way, for those of you that are generally interested in the Coyotes press releases, they are generally available from the Coyotes twitter account just about as soon as they are published.

http://twitter.com/phoenixcoyotes

Old
01-11-2010, 02:08 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post
First of all, you're pathetic. Just because I think you're a joke doesn't mean I'm throwing a tantrum. You obviously don't know what a tantrum is, because I'm pretty sure you just threw yourself one. You're attacking me because you can't defend yourself or your actions.
If you dish it out on a forum, you better be prepared to take as well or else don't post.

Quote:
Insulting your base isn't a great way to drum up support.
I'm sorry, I didn't know inflection could be deduced from mere words on a forum.

P.S. It's called educating a fan base. I can't be held responsible if people like yourself are easily agitated from mere posts on an internet forum.

Old
01-11-2010, 02:13 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

I think you guys are the ones that need rt's caged helmet.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 02:17 AM
yakko

Quote:
If you dish it out, you better be prepared to take as well or else don't post.
What are you even talking about? I don't call you names every time I don't like what you do. I offer real news sources and real opinions. You just call me names.

Quote:
I'm sorry, I didn't know inflection could be deduced from mere words on a forum.
I doubt most people need you to tell them what a press release is, especially since you don't seem to really understand that yourself.

Quote:
P.S. It's called educating a fan base. I can't be held responsible if people like yourself are easily agitated from mere posts on an internet forum.
I'm really not that agitated. I think you're kind of funny in a pathetic sort of way. I find it that more amusing to juxtapose your nonsense with reality.

I also find it valuable to "educate a fan base" to the fact that you are not some innocent blogger trying to help cover and promote the Coyotes. There are actually a number of sincere people writing blogs about the Coyotes, like our friend Z4defense. You were an antagonist and borderline troll on these boards toward the Coyotes and their fans until you recently decided to start your blog. I'd hate for some of our newer posters to be deceived into thinking you are among the sincere.

Old
01-11-2010, 02:20 AM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
It's okay. I already have one, albeit rather rusty. I wear a full cage when I play.

Old
01-11-2010, 02:22 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
What are you even talking about? I don't call you names every time I don't like what you do. I offer real news sources and real opinions. You just call me names.

I doubt most people need you to tell them what a press release is, especially since you don't seem to really understand that yourself.

I'm really not that agitated. I think you're kind of funny in a pathetic sort of way. I find it that more amusing to juxtapose your nonsense with reality.

I also find it valuable to "educate a fan base" to the fact that you are not some innocent blogger trying to help cover and promote the Coyotes. There are actually a number of sincere people writing blogs about the Coyotes, like our friend Z4defense. You were an antagonist and borderline troll on these boards toward the Coyotes and their fans until you recently decided to start your blog. I'd hate for some of our newer posters to be deceived into thinking you are among the sincere.
I love how you think you know me. LOL You're funny.

One final thing too. I've noticed you're not around during the games in the GDT's but only after the games. Why is that?

Old
01-11-2010, 02:37 AM
yakko

Quote:
I love how you think you know me. LOL You're funny.
I don't think I know you. In fact, I'm sure I don't. I wouldn't want to know you. I only know what your actions say for you.

Quote:
One final thing too. I've noticed you're not around during the games in the GDT's but only after the games. Why is that?
How does that even matter? I can only assume that is another misdirection.

I've actually posted during the game over the last couple. I have posted a few times how I don't really see a lot of value in posting during the game. I've also posted numerous times that I usually record the games on my DVR and watch them after they have started. I usually don't come on HF because I don't want to read anything about the game until after I have watched the game. I almost always post my impressions of the game soon after on the night of the game, often writing far more than most people probably want to read.

Old
01-11-2010, 03:00 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
I appreciate the effort, despite the nefarious agenda behind it. Your small little start up doesn't really add anything to the discussion, though. It doesn't particularly matter, but I thought I'd say that. If the site was formatted better... with more content... it might mean something. If you want to post your link I don't have a problem with it. But let's cut the crap and try not to pretend you are doing all of us a favor.

I mean... there's about 900,000 better sites in the US alone so you've got a ways to go

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
By the way, for those of you that are generally interested in the Coyotes press releases, they are generally available from the Coyotes twitter account just about as soon as they are published.

http://twitter.com/phoenixcoyotes
Exactly, I don't think we need education on press releases when you can see them every direction you turn if you are interested. Being the home of press releases is hardly extended media coverage. Like I said previously, I hope that it becomes more than a press release site and tries for some original content worth reading.

And I agree, to Z4's credit, the content that she has produced on her blog is much more valuable than a site regurgitating the company line from the Coyotes. I've enjoyed her blogs, even though I probably have not commented on that before.

Old
01-11-2010, 08:44 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Exactly, I don't think we need education on press releases when you can see them every direction you turn if you are interested. Being the home of press releases is hardly extended media coverage. Like I said previously, I hope that it becomes more than a press release site and tries for some original content worth reading.

And I agree, to Z4's credit, the content that she has produced on her blog is much more valuable than a site regurgitating the company line from the Coyotes. I've enjoyed her blogs, even though I probably have not commented on that before.
First off, please ignore Yakko's comments. He seems to have some bitter grudge against me from years past that I don't really know how it started. Nor do I really don't care. If he chooses to continue to hold on to the past, there's nothing I can do about that. Just don't let his bitterness cloud or effect your judgment(s).

There's lots of original content on the site. However, one of the roles as an editor is to decide on what to publish and not to publish. If you note not every press release is on the site.

The main thing I bring to the table on this site is not really opinion or reporting. The main thing I bring to the table is analysis. I can break down games at pretty minute levels. Now that I have Gamecenter I can break games down even more.

I've been researching a few original articles as of late and will have some autographed memorabilia to give away as well this season. However, the 'company line' articles will be included in the site as well because it is Coyotes news.

Last edited by Dolemite: 01-11-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Old
01-11-2010, 08:54 AM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
perhaps a bib as well

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 09:05 AM
zz

Quote:
The main thing I bring to the table on this site is not really opinion or reporting. The main thing I bring to the table is analysis. I can break down games at pretty minute levels. Now that I have Gamecenter I can break games down even more.
See, that's the problem. I don't think anyone cares about your analysis. That's what hockey forums are for - people like you and me, whose names are completely unknown, to rave and rant about the team's performance.

What's really missing from your content is real reporting. Interviews. Quotes. The stuff Z4 works hard to get. She shows up at every Coyote event and tries to get a fresh quote. To me, that's what journalism is about. Right now, I'm afraid your site is 100% noise, no signal.

And don't take this as a personal attack - I don't know you and have nothing personal against you.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
See, that's the problem. I don't think anyone cares about your analysis. That's what hockey forums are for - people like you and me, whose names are completely unknown, to rave and rant about the team's performance.

What's really missing from your content is real reporting. Interviews. Quotes. The stuff Z4 works hard to get. She shows up at every Coyote event and tries to get a fresh quote. To me, that's what journalism is about. Right now, I'm afraid your site is 100% noise, no signal.
Well, this comes to the main....challenge.....with the content on my site at the moment. Access to the team for quotes, interviews and things like that.

Let's just say I'm working on it and leave it at that. I can go into more detail about this if you would like offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
And don't take this as a personal attack - I don't know you and have nothing personal against you.
Oh I don't at all. I value feedback from everyone...just not Yakko's when he goes on the offensive.

Last edited by Dolemite: 01-11-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old
01-11-2010, 09:28 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I don't really want to be involved in this but I do have a question. What constitutes "press" or "media"? I thought you had to have some credentials before you had that title. Perhaps I'm just ignorant.

I don't typically visit the blog or open these threads, but piling on like this just doesn't seem...nice.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 09:30 AM

I hope you see this as feedback because honestly I have no problem with you. I agree with what ZZ said though, unless you have an interesting take on analysis, then there isn't much value to it. We all have our own levels of analysis that we offer. It'd be nice to see something offered that was unique in itself. I've seen the articles grading the Coyotes, I've seen the press releases and other articles on the site -- when it comes down to it I only go to give you benefit of the doubt as a poster on this site. Once you burn through your goodwill you are losing interest unless you develop more engaging content. That's the point I'm at, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

When I hear something is interesting on your site, then I might check it out again, but at this point you've lost me as a casual observer.