HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Some Stats

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2004, 12:52 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Some Stats

Who was that guy sitting in the penalty box this series? Sheldon Souray, as he lead the team with 12 mins, then Koivu not far behind with 8 mins. Now we can't have 2 of our best players in the box. Souray had double the minutes then every player on the team outside of Koivu.

Who's our #1 defensemen in the playoffs? Rivet, cause that's what Julien thinks, as Rivet led all Habs in average ice time, with 24:37 (and rightly so, he was solid) with Souray close behind at 24:22. Markov 3rd with 23:19 but Komo at 14:37 is great to see. Langdon at 3:47 guess he's not tired.

Shooting the puck, is less better? As both Ryder and Zednik were tied for the team led in shots, with 26 a piece. But 52 shots and only 3 goals, 1 an empty netter, kills your shooting %. Souray 3rd with 19 shots. Of our 3 top shooters only 1 hit the back of the net.

Langdon is Mr. Accurate, leading the Habs with his 100 shooting %. Outside his 1 shot, Kovalev led the way with a 31.3% and Perreault was 2nd with 18.2% that's 7 goals between Kovy/Perreault.

+/- useless stat or important number? Zednik led the team with a +7, Rivet in 2nd with a +6. On the other side, Bouillon at -5 :mad: and Bulis at -4

Goals scored, a 2 man show. Kovalev with 5, Zednik with 3. The rest of the team combinded, 11. Koivu, Ribs, Perreault with 2 each. 5 players with 1 goal.

The setup man was Kaptain Koivu with 8 assists. Kovalev/Zednik with 3 each. Koivu had more assists then anyone on the team had in total points outside of Kovalev.

And Theodore at a .938 Save % Outstanding number, and his 1.87 gaa impressive as well.

Old
04-20-2004, 01:01 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Thanks for taking the time on this, Dan.

It is clear from the stats that the second line is going to have to get more productive against Tampa. They are overdue IMO, but I just can't see Julien going with Dags all series. I mean, even when he is playing, he doesn't see the ice past the half way mark.

I think Rivet and Markov had a wonderful series, and their stats represent that. If only someone can get big Sheldon to get back on track...hopefully his 4 day of "rest" will help what still ails him, as he is not 100% by any means.

Theo's stats are quite deceptive, as he really turned it on in the last three games to end up out-dueling Razor over the whole series. The stats would have told a very different story after the first 4 games.

Old
04-20-2004, 01:08 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Awsome stats Montreal.

Thanks alot!

Old
04-20-2004, 01:12 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
Thanks for taking the time on this, Dan.

It is clear from the stats that the second line is going to have to get more productive against Tampa. They are overdue IMO, but I just can't see Julien going with Dags all series. I mean, even when he is playing, he doesn't see the ice past the half way mark.

I think Rivet and Markov had a wonderful series, and their stats represent that. If only someone can get big Sheldon to get back on track...hopefully his 4 day of "rest" will help what still ails him, as he is not 100% by any means.

Theo's stats are quite deceptive, as he really turned it on in the last three games to end up out-dueling Razor over the whole series. The stats would have told a very different story after the first 4 games.
I agree the 2nd line is do. Especially Ryder. He's got too good of a wrsit shot to be kept off the scoring sheet. The problem is that they couldn't maintain a lot of pressure as a line, hopefully Julien works on this.

Souray should pick it up. I don't think he was all that bad, outside of next to nothing offensively. He did seem to struggle a big in his own end, but I still think he played well. Brisebois I'm more concerned about, as I thought he struggled the most out there. Perhaps a few days will be good for both of them.

Theodore really stepped it up when it counted, and if he stays away from the few softies he let in, we are in good shape.

Old
04-20-2004, 01:13 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
As both Ryder and Zednik were tied for the team led in shots, with 26 a piece.
Just a little adder to this.

Ryder leads the league in shots on goal WITHOUT a goal.

Closed Thread