HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anton Volchenkov

Old
01-11-2010, 11:04 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
Toronto offers hagman.

Top6 winger, slick moves, would be great on a hag-spezza-kovalev line.
Sens would want a more because its Toronto (and not enough) but its a decent start for sure.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Pretty much out of question... that's promising

Volchenkov and Petersson for Bergfors and a 4th? I know that's probably still off.
Bergfors is not getting traded for a rental. And we don't need Petersson, we have plenty of winger prospects.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 11:12 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Bergfors is not getting traded for a rental. And we don't need Petersson, we have plenty of winger prospects.
Alright. I'm not surprised, you just gave me a serious glimmer of hope. Whatever, the Sens don't need him... This summer I read he was officially a bust.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
With Karlsson coming up I think Letang would be more interesting. Letang seems to me like a poor mans Lidstrom, or maybe even a poor mans Dan Boyle without the power play prowess.
Yeah, I think Dan Boyle is a good comparison for Letang. He could be very similar if he reaches his potential down the road.

Quote:
How would Volchenkov, Campoli, SJ 2nd for Gogo and Letang sound?
Value's fine from a Pens pov. I think Ottawa would want a bit more. I also don't see the point in throwing Gogo & Campoli in the deal. They are similar D-Men, imo. Better off just keeping them out of it. Letang + picks/prospects would be more likely from a Pens pov, but even that's unlikely.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 01:01 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Hell, I'll give Gogo or Letang + picks/prospects at this point. Pens D has been brutal lately. Lots of upside in the 2 Pens youngsters (Gogo & Letang) but dealing with the inconsistencies of both of them is too much for this team to overcome sometimes.

That's ridiculous. You don't trade a young offensive defenseman with as much proven NHL ability as Gogs or Letang for a UFA - you can count the number of times that's happened on zero hands, and there's a very good reason why there's no precedent for it.

Don't knee-jerk react to a Pens slump on account of cruddy zone d, an inept PP, and a funky Malkin. Subbing in Volchenkov for one of the currently struggling kids won't change any of that.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 01:16 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post

That's ridiculous. You don't trade a young offensive defenseman with as much proven NHL ability as Gogs or Letang for a UFA - you can count the number of times that's happened on zero hands, and there's a very good reason why there's no precedent for it.

Don't knee-jerk react to a Pens slump on account of cruddy zone d, an inept PP, and a funky Malkin. Subbing in Volchenkov for one of the currently struggling kids won't change any of that.
I see your point. I am basing my opinion on the whole season and not the recent slide, though. I've believed all season that this team will need another defensive D-Man to repeat. We didn't effectively replace Scuderi, imo. Do you have a better defensive D-man to go after at the deadline than Volchenkov? I'd love to get Volchenkov without parting with Letang or Goligoski, I just have a hard time believing Ottawa's organization is going to accept a bunch of bird crap for one of their best players.

Old
01-12-2010, 01:37 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
Quote:
Pretty much out of question... that's promising

Volchenkov and Petersson for Bergfors and a 4th? I know that's probably still off.
Berfors isn't getting moved for a rental. What about something like Halischuk and a 1st?

AfroThunder396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 07:15 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

To Ottawa: Rostislav Klesla, Fjodor Ťjutin

To Columbus: Anton Volčenkov, + 2th

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Mach 9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post

No
Posted via Mobile Device

Mach 9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 08:32 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post

if you missed my first post, ottawa needs offense, particularily young offense. Any volchenkov trade would have to include a waiver exempt (for next year) future top-6 player. I gave some examples in my first post of players who would be suitable. I would suggest filatov, but ottawa has been burned by russians in the past, so i'm not entirely sure our GM would risk it.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 09:34 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
I see your point. I am basing my opinion on the whole season and not the recent slide, though. I've believed all season that this team will need another defensive D-Man to repeat. We didn't effectively replace Scuderi, imo. Do you have a better defensive D-man to go after at the deadline than Volchenkov? I'd love to get Volchenkov without parting with Letang or Goligoski, I just have a hard time believing Ottawa's organization is going to accept a bunch of bird crap for one of their best players.
This. FINALLY, someone that isn't grossly undervaluing Volchenkov, and knows what he brings to a team. Congratulations, sir.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
This. FINALLY, someone that isn't grossly undervaluing Volchenkov, and knows what he brings to a team. Congratulations, sir.
I think that Volchenkov will return a very strong UFA rental in a trade. But with Letang you're entering an ENTIRELY different class of player that has ever been included in a rental deal. And while I love AV's game - it's not like he's head and shoulders better than any other defensive d-man who was available at the deadline.

IMO, a stong return for AV would be a 1st round DP + a good prospect. Asking for a 22-23 YO offensive d-man who played a top 4 role on a Cup winning team is just ludicrious IMO.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 10:16 AM
JackBauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
Toronto offers hagman.

Top6 winger, slick moves, would be great on a hag-spezza-kovalev line.
Ottawa rejects. and disagrees with your assessment that Hagman belongs on our first line.

JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Egil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
I think that Volchenkov will return a very strong UFA rental in a trade. But with Letang you're entering an ENTIRELY different class of player that has ever been included in a rental deal. And while I love AV's game - it's not like he's head and shoulders better than any other defensive d-man who was available at the deadline.
I'd say he is head and shoulders better (he would do wonders for Pittsburgh if they face Washington), but agree on Letang being unrealistic. It doesn't add enough for Pittsburgh over trading a bunch of prospects/picks.

Egil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 02:37 AM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

He would do wonders for Washington also if they face Pittsburgh =)

And there is a good chance Caps can sign an extension.

And we have plenty possibilities in the farm. Like Osala/Perrault/A.Gordon (any position you want). Even Holtby maybe if Ottawa will include something else.

So I guess Capitals could overpay a bit. But imagine OV-Backs-Semin-Green-Volch line! Isn't it scary enough to overpay?

Raikkonen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 09:24 AM
artilector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruProf View Post
He would do wonders for Washington also if they face Pittsburgh =)

And there is a good chance Caps can sign an extension.

And we have plenty possibilities in the farm. Like Osala/Perrault/A.Gordon (any position you want). Even Holtby maybe if Ottawa will include something else.

So I guess Capitals could overpay a bit. But imagine OV-Backs-Semin-Green-Volch line! Isn't it scary enough to overpay?
I think ideally the Caps would prefer someone who can move the puck a little bit. Pothier will be gone, Poti has not done it consistently, it's too much to ask of Green to do it all by himself in playoffs.

Not that Volchenkov is a bad choice!

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 02:10 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
if you missed my first post, ottawa needs offense, particularily young offense. Any volchenkov trade would have to include a waiver exempt (for next year) future top-6 player. I gave some examples in my first post of players who would be suitable. I would suggest filatov, but ottawa has been burned by russians in the past, so i'm not entirely sure our GM would risk it.
I missed, sorry. But if young offense, so we cannot trade with you, I do not expect Howson would trade someone from couple Filarov-Voráček for Volčenkov. Maybe Majorov + draft. Maxim is a big talent too. But I do not know if Ottawa would agree eith it.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
I have a hard time believing that for the first time ever, a UFA defenseman is going to be worth either a talented young roster player who's producing and signed to a sweetheart deal for the next 2 years, or an even younger talented roster player who's an RFA and has 2 Finals runs under his belt, including one where he finished 3rd in blueline scoring after Lidstrom and Gonchar.

It's not worth compromising the future of our puckmoving defense for one playoff run with Volchenkov, and without one of Gogs or Letang.

And for the record, a 1st and a middle-of-the-road prospect is anything but bird crap. In fact, it's about as high a price as anyone has ever paid for a UFA defensive defenseman at the deadline. Don't let your love of Volchenkov push you past all precedent.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Karlssonlee

Volchenkov for Filatov

straight up?

Karlssonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Mach 9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
Volchenkov for Filatov

straight up?
If the Lee + for Filatov rumors were true, the we shouldn't trade them Volchenkov.

Mach 9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
I have a hard time believing that for the first time ever, a UFA defenseman is going to be worth either a talented young roster player who's producing and signed to a sweetheart deal for the next 2 years, or an even younger talented roster player who's an RFA and has 2 Finals runs under his belt, including one where he finished 3rd in blueline scoring after Lidstrom and Gonchar.

It's not worth compromising the future of our puckmoving defense for one playoff run with Volchenkov, and without one of Gogs or Letang.

And for the record, a 1st and a middle-of-the-road prospect is anything but bird crap. In fact, it's about as high a price as anyone has ever paid for a UFA defensive defenseman at the deadline. Don't let your love of Volchenkov push you past all precedent.
You know from the Pens board how much I love the guy, CW . As I've said over there, luckily I'm not the Pens gm because I'd overpay to get all my favorite non-Pens like Volchenkov on the team. Shero won't do that though, so no worries for you.

Old
01-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Asquaredx2

Of course this comes after a win, but another thing to point out is that the Sens are currently in the playoffs in the East. They stand there despite missing their entire top line (Spezza, Alfredsson, Michalek) and #1 defenceman, with both NHL goalies playing like absolute garbage (they've also missed Fisher, Foligno, Kovalev and Volchenkov at various times this season).

Given the offensive cavalry is on the way back, I have a hard time believing that the Sens are going to fall dramatically out of playoff contention before the deadline. And even if a deal hasn't been reached, I think they're far more likely to hang on to Volchenkov unless they get blown out of the water on some kind of trade proposal.

So, I think that unless you're prepared to overpay, perhaps even seriously, then you can forget about adding the A-Train.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:35 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Hartnell for Volchenkov

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:36 PM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

Just watched the Senators/Rangers game. After watching that, you can really tell that Volchenkov is one of the best shut-down defenceman in the league. When he's on his game, he IS on his game.
If the Senators were to ever trade him, it'd better be for an Ovechkin type player(figure of speech, not actually). If Volchenkov was to ever leave O-Town, a franchise player better be returning.

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:38 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilencerX View Post
Just watched the Senators/Rangers game. After watching that, you can really tell that Volchenkov is one of the best shut-down defenceman in the league. When he's on his game, he IS on his game.
If the Senators were to ever trade him, it'd better be for an Ovechkin type player(figure of speech, not actually). If Volchenkov was to ever leave O-Town, a franchise player better be returning.
problem is he is UFA.

we lost chara for nothing. can we afford to do the same with volch?

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote