HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WE miss andrei K?

Old
01-11-2010, 09:53 AM
saints96

vCash: 500
WE miss andrei K?

It is very noticeable that we arent the same team without Akos. Just look at Pleks and Cammy. They both havent registered a point in 4 games. And pleks was having a carreer year this season. Im not saying that Pleks's success this season is a direct result of playing with Andrei but they do work well together. With Andrei out of the line up, were back to a 1 line team again. Now Pools Gomez and Gio have to step it up because the first line is lacking badly. Maybe when Skos returns it might help the first line but my point of this thread is to just point out how important Akos is to this team.(and some of you wanted him traded after 6 games)

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Kostitsyn being out wouldn't be as bad if we had a winger that was at least someone competent to compliment Plekanec and Cammalleri.

Sadly, as of now, we do not.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Markovskaya

I hate what I'm about to say but:

IF gomez / gionta / pouliot can step up while A kost is injured and win us enough game to make it to the playoffs.

THEN Plecky production slowing down a bit during that time would be favorable to the organization, lowering his value enough to make it affordable for the habs.

BUT it would be soooo sweet to see him with 90-100 pts at the end of the season

Markovskaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 10:17 AM
CPrice

I think it just goes to show that sometimes fans can be impatient and they need to give things more time before jumping to drastic measures.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 10:35 AM
la25ecoupe

Sergei will fill the role.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 10:38 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Man the first line is just ...wack without Andrei I miss this guy

Pleks desprately needs a kost next to him doesnt matter which

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 11:36 AM
IRON JELLY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Sergei will fill the role.
This.

Hopefully Sergei isn't out much longer. I don't think he has quite the finishing skills as his brother, but he can definitely create scoring chances and open the ice up a bit for Cammy.

He wouldn't look out of place on a line with Cammy and Pleks whereas Dagostini and Pacioretty do.

IRON JELLY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 11:40 AM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawno View Post
This.

Hopefully Sergei isn't out much longer. I don't think he has quite the finishing skills as his brother, but he can definitely create scoring chances and open the ice up a bit for Cammy.

He wouldn't look out of place on a line with Cammy and Pleks whereas Dagostini and Pacioretty do.
i agree he would feed cammy beautifully, not to mention skos has a wicked shot himself, i hope he comes back real soon, like, this week soon.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice View Post
I think it just goes to show that sometimes fans can be impatient and they need to give things more time before jumping to drastic measures.
I think what it shows the most is how weak our depth is.

D'Ago and MaxPac don't seem capable to follow a top 6 role. S.Kost might do better along side Plek-Cammy, but had troubles producing next to Gomez (Granted, Gionta wasn't back yet, nor was Pouliot).

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 12:23 PM
LesCanadiens

IMO AK was playing the best hockey of his career...so yes, we miss that AK. He was playing fantastic. Really surprising how physical he was during that stretch.

The AK we saw up until that recent resurgence wouldn't be missed much.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Next Best Thing*

Why do you have to bring that up?

translation: I don't like Andrei Kostitsyn

What gave it away was the fact that you were "surprized" at how physical he was.

Anyways, carrying on...

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I dont think there is any question that ak is missed. They are still trying to find the third musketeer on that line since he went down. When ak is playing the way he was before the injury, he's such a dynamic player and irreplaceable.

The question now becomes, who can at least spark that first line if nothing else? I think the best choices right now are sk (when healthy) and mab (no joke!).

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Tray4Adams

Trade the Kostitsyns. They're both heartless and we could give their ice-time to our blue-chip prospects such as Matt D'agostini, Max Pacioretty and David Deharnais.

/HFBoards from June-November.

Tray4Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 06:05 PM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Why do you have to bring that up?

translation: I don't like Andrei Kostitsyn

What gave it away was the fact that you were "surprized" at how physical he was.

Anyways, carrying on...
Wow...you're real good at analyzing my intentions. Impressive.

For the record...I don't "like" or "hate". It's a sport. AK has been, for the most part this year, ineffective, non-productive, and certainly not a phyzical force. He has shown spurts of being phyzical in the past, but I've never seen him take it to this level. He has lately, arguably been our most phyzical forward.

But hey, why am I explaining myself to you....you already know what I'm thinking

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Avim86

I try to stay away from Andrei threads , habs fan's are way too bipolar for my taste , I love the habs whether they finish in 15th place or 1st place...

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 07:15 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Kostitsyn being out wouldn't be as bad if we had a winger that was at least someone competent to compliment Plekanec and Cammalleri.

Sadly, as of now, we do not.
His name is Davtrik Sharron

....or Patvid Perrorp

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 08:04 AM
neofury*

I have a feeling Sergei will step it up and fill the role, reason being I think he's on the verge of breaking out, no logic to it, just gut feeling.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I have a feeling Sergei will step it up and fill the role, reason being I think he's on the verge of breaking out, no logic to it, just gut feeling.
I too hope he starts putting some points, but he's been playing very well since his call-up, but he has to show for it on the score sheet - I pray that ur right.

Old
01-12-2010, 08:37 AM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
I too hope he starts putting some points, but he's been playing very well since his call-up, but he has to show for it on the score sheet - I pray that ur right.
Well looking at it logically sergei was setting up plays really well with both laps and gomer none of which can really snipe: gomer's goals have all been goal mouth scrambles really or rebounds minus the one timer from cammy on kips

and well laps is only a shootout expert lol!

but sergei is really patient with the puck and sets up well on the half boards on es which allows him to a. pass behind the net b. have a look at the slot or even skate into it or c. pass back to the point which sets up a 1-2-onetimer or hopefully a marky mark cross ice to cammy on the left wing

sergei will help open up ice for cammy by drawing forwards with his puck poise and will also allow pleks with a bit of breathing room because sergei knows how to position himself and not a. pull a dago and run around like a headless chicken or b. pull a patches and do a. lol

bhuya71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
Well looking at it logically sergei was setting up plays really well with both laps and gomer none of which can really snipe: gomer's goals have all been goal mouth scrambles really or rebounds minus the one timer from cammy on kips

and well laps is only a shootout expert lol!

but sergei is really patient with the puck and sets up well on the half boards on es which allows him to a. pass behind the net b. have a look at the slot or even skate into it or c. pass back to the point which sets up a 1-2-onetimer or hopefully a marky mark cross ice to cammy on the left wing

sergei will help open up ice for cammy by drawing forwards with his puck poise and will also allow pleks with a bit of breathing room because sergei knows how to position himself and not a. pull a dago and run around like a headless chicken or b. pull a patches and do a. lol
I miss his lazer precision passing, man can he pew pew it question is, does he go on the first line right away? Or will Martin try him out elsewhere to see if he's up for it.

Old
01-12-2010, 09:26 AM
PacoXIII

It is clear now more than ever how much of a big piece of the puzzle Andrei Kostitsyn really is. He can score, shoot, pass, deke and as he likes to say:" Jhelp zi team"

PacoXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Gaston Therrien : <<Qui aurait pu prédire un jour que le Canadien s’ennuierait d’Andrei Kostitsyn?>> (Who would have thought that one day the Habs would miss Andrei Kostitsyn?)

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/289782.html

Everyone but him? Guess he doesn't want Andrei in Siberia anymore

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
Gaston Therrien : <<Qui aurait pu prédire un jour que le Canadien s’ennuierait d’Andrei Kostitsyn?>> (Who would have thought that one day the Habs would miss Andrei Kostitsyn?)

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/289782.html

Everyone but him? Guess he doesn't want Andrei in Siberia anymore
He's a big toolbag, but to his defense, this is the first time he's actually carried a line by himself (AK). During his streak, Plekanec has only been racking up a substantial amount of passes from Kostitsyn's chances and goals, so it's possible that Plekanec has in fact been cold during that whole streak of his and now it's just glaringly obvious. Pleks started the season on fire but since that trio was formed I think pleky took the foot off the pedal a bit and Andrei's been doing the heavy lifting with Cammy chipping in whenever possible (remember all those wtf passes he recieved from AK, easy tap-in goals).

Andrei is finally the player we all wished he would become, this guy is just a dominant force out there now that he's able to be the go-to guy on a line. Before, Kovalev was that presence on his line and if AK hit a rough patch, we still had Kovy so he wasn't terribly missed. But the student has become the master

We have him on this contract until next year so I guarantee you that he will be an 80 point player as soon as the 10/11 season, and hopefully then he can take a hometown discout since we've treated him and his bro pretty darn good as an org, and if Sergei is still there, that's even more incentive for him to sign at a discout. I'm thinking the first 10 year contract in the history of the habs org, possibly. (doubt there have been?)

It's scary that he's just 24, and we all knew he was a project when we picked im up (epilepsya problems, unfamiliar environment, didn't speak the language). KUDOS to him for coming over like that, and learning the NA game, something we haven't seen in our other russian draftees to this date, they can all rot in the KHL. Maybe next year he will be on the same level as Carter so we can finally take that shard off our back.

Last edited by Next Best Thing*: 01-12-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old
01-12-2010, 11:06 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Our PP has plumetted since he got injured

Coincidence?

I think not

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:12 PM
The Bernie Federko

A big guy skating down the wing with an excellent shot. It's really too bad that we don't have anyone to step up for him right now.

The Bernie Federko is offline   Reply With Quote