HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Re: Forward Thinking & Hemsky/Penner

Old
01-12-2010, 11:55 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyforpm View Post
So, despite the fact that Hemsky's out for the season, it's a stupid thought?

He's still signed for another year, and very well could be extended if he takes to Boston.

Do you think the Leafs cared that Kessel was out for the first 2 months of the season? It's all about the future.
It may be all about the future, but fact is losing Ryder while you are in a contender's position this year hurts you this year. Losing Hall or Seguin via that pick also hurts you in the future, so really this trade does little for a team that already has a better Hemsky in Savard.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Oilers10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Breathe Hockey View Post
How exactly do you propose hemsky help the bruins in the PO's when he's done for the season with an injury?
My bad, I thought you were saying he doesn't show up in the playoffs that gets stigmatized to Euro players which is unfair.

Either way, Hemsky is great value for his contract and you statistics prove that. People expect Hemmer to put up a PPG so if he is not scoring for a game people see that as him floating. A guy like Ethan Moreau is expected to put up 30 pts a season so he can escape the wrath of E-town fans.

I just don't understand how every week a Hemsky thread appears and some meatheads bash him without facts. I proposed someone to look at Horcs stats without Hemsky compared to playing with Hemsky and some HF poster actually said to me he thinks Horcs stats would be better without Hemsky.

HORC is the pariah!

Oilers10 is offline   Reply With Quote