HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

TO's 1st round pick

Old
01-11-2010, 04:25 PM
grabo84

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
I think that if the Leafs trade Kaberle without a rosterplayer coming back - odds are pretty good the team will get significantly worse - right? Which means that their picks would stay in the top 4.
I agree, but that's also what I said last year when Kaberle got injured and when they dealt away Antropov and Moore. I've given up on predicting what this team does. It was more of a joke anyways.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 05:38 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach 9 View Post
no...

Taylor hall, or bust for them.

Hall and Seguin are a step above Fowler.
I think Boston wants Fowler.

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Diskothek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post
I think Boston wants Fowler.
Only if we can't get Hall.

Diskothek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Mojo19
GOlf LEAFS GOlf!

Kessel + Toronto's 1st in 2012?

I kid I kid.

Mojo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 06:21 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
That's the problem. You better bet that any team talking rental with them is going to say that they are only interested in the Toronto first.

If you're ATL and shopping Kovalchuk, the one thing that Boston has that nobody else can offer is the Toronto First.
So I guess Chiarelli is gonna be forced to give up TO's 1st then? Thats an interesting little world of negotiating..

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 06:23 PM
hfboardsuser

Malkin, Crosby, Staal and Fleury apparently.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Finnish your Czech
I love Olli Jokinen

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think that if the Leafs trade Kaberle without a rosterplayer coming back - odds are pretty good the team will get significantly worse - right? Which means that their picks would stay in the top 4.
You'd think that Boston would consider overpaying for Kaberle.

Finnish your Czech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Really? If TOR gets hot for a two week stretch - the pick could easily be in the 6-10 range. Would you be happy trading Oshie or Perron for that? I'd be pissed if I was a Blues fan.
He may, but thankfully, the Blues mgt wouldn't.

Typical HF boards thought process by DJ Stealth, the prospects must always be better then what we have on the team. (Grass is always greener).

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 09:12 PM
phillipmike

At this point Boston would be insane to trade the pick. If they can get Hall, Seguin or Fowler then the name alone of one of those three players will help their fans forget about losing Kessel.

phillipmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 09:26 PM
GIN ANTONIC

RE: Carolina's 1st. It all depends on who's in what position come draft day. If the Canes end up batting lead off after the lottery and are truly content taking either Hall or Seguin then why not trade down a spot? But this only works if EDM or Boston are hell bent on one particular player and how much it's worth for them to get their guy. Canes 110% don't draft Fowler. JR won't draft a Defenseman that high again when we need elite scorers and there's Tyler and Taylor on the board.

GIN ANTONIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 09:30 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAINIAC View Post
RE: Carolina's 1st. It all depends on who's in what position come draft day. If the Canes end up batting lead off after the lottery and are truly content taking either Hall or Seguin then why not trade down a spot? But this only works if EDM or Boston are hell bent on one particular player and how much it's worth for them to get their guy. Canes 110% don't draft Fowler. JR won't draft a Defenseman that high again when we need elite scorers and there's Tyler and Taylor on the board.
Every Boston fan is happy with any of the top-3, so I doubt you'll see The Bruins moving up if they are slotted 1, 2, or 3. IMO (and most Boston posters) think Boston wants Fowler and could even trade down to 3 if the know he'll be there.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
The only person I wouldn't trade straight-up from the Blues for the TOR 1st rounder is Erik Johnson.
Pietrangelo?

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 09:38 PM
GIN ANTONIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Every Boston fan is happy with any of the top-3, so I doubt you'll see The Bruins moving up if they are slotted 1, 2, or 3. IMO (and most Boston posters) think Boston wants Fowler and could even trade down to 3 if the know he'll be there.
If the Bruins are happy with either of the 3 then what you're saying makes perfect sense. Personally that's the route I'd go. I guess it's more on Edmonton if they're satisfied with either of the three. I think they'd be in the same boat as the Canes and not really be interested in Fowler with the strength of their D-core. So if they were slotted no. 3, I could see them trying to move up to get Hall or Seguin. I don't think they'd move down and risk missing their pick, but maybe if they have their eyes on someone further down the chart and feel they can pick up something decent in the drop. It just way too early to predict this stuff. But yes, we can still talk about it

GIN ANTONIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 09:48 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
my mind=blown
Why? That's like 3rd + 22nd for 1st...

Underpayment.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 10:09 PM
STAALing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Pietrangelo?
Yea. Fowler for Pietrangelo would seem like taking 2-3 years back for the same kind of project dman imo.

STAALing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:40 AM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Malkin, Crosby, Staal and Fleury apparently.

Now you're just being silly - Boston would have to add at least a 3rd or 4th round pick to even things out.

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:46 AM
BostonAJ

I'd trade it for Kessel back, which would all but guarantee the Leafs to get Hall or Seguin. Good trade both ways.

BostonAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 06:20 AM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonAJ View Post
I'd trade it for Kessel back, which would all but guarantee the Leafs to get Hall or Seguin. Good trade both ways.
For Toronto's first? I wonder if other Bruins fans and players would agree with you there.

Mike Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 07:48 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonAJ View Post
Well, considering that would mean Burke gave away his 2nd and 2011 1st, I doubt that'll happen. Personally, I would never trade Kessel for a draft pick. The odds of Toronto finishing outside of the top three are too high, and even if they do get one of the big three, there's no guarantee they ever turn into a player like Kessel.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 08:25 AM
FallsForItEveryYear

i highly doubt boston would trade both first for carolina's first unless we are talking at the draft and carolina has number 1 and boston has 4 or worse and something in the twenties. they certainly wouldn't do that trade before knowing for sure were each pick is going to be.

not sure if people have been keeping tabs but carolina suddenly doesnt look so hopelessly destined for last and toronto doesnt look like they turned the corner that people thought they had.

Toronto has 39 points in 46 games with only 15 wins.
Carolina has 33 points in 44 games with 13 wins.
Edmonton has 37 points in 44 games with 16 wins.

Toronto is only ahead in the standings by virtue of more games played and more overtime loses. at this rate toronto needs to finish with more points than both those teams because they would lose the tie breakers. they have also been fairly healthy.

Carolina with ward and staal have gained on Toronto quickly and with 4 games left to play between the two, what looked like a comfortable lead in the Taylor Hall race doesn't look so comfortable anymore.

Edmonton looks unlikely to go on a run with so many injuries and just a lousy team so Toronto could likely finish ahead of them.

I think Carolina catches Toronto though.

If Burke uses his head instead of his ego he'd be wise to trade Kaberle and a couple other veterans to try and replace some picks and prospects. Losing Kaberle would almost certainly severely damage Torontos chances of making a run out of the basement. Carolina will likely fire sale but it wont include staal or ward so any hit they take from the deadline deals isn't likely to be as big as Toronto moving Kaberle.

Just one mans biased Opinion though. (oh and as a Bruins fan I'd gladly take any of the big three.)

FallsForItEveryYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 08:47 AM
TheMoose

With their injuries and pp issues what about Tor 1st and Tor 2nd for Tomas Kaberle and Alex Ponikarovsky?

TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 08:50 AM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Personally, I would never trade Kessel for a draft pick. The odds of Toronto finishing outside of the top three are too high, and even if they do get one of the big three, there's no guarantee they ever turn into a player like Kessel.
While there are no guarantees (On any transaction or draft pick) I would definitely take the odds and make the deal. If I lose the bet I accept responsibility (Like Burke should be doing right now) and move on.

Old
01-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
With their injuries and pp issues what about Tor 1st and Tor 2nd for Tomas Kaberle and Alex Ponikarovsky?
Tor 2nd for Poni is not a bad deal for a team in the playoff hunt.

Why do people keep insisting that Kaberle is worth a top 3-5 (overall) choice?

Old
01-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsForItEveryYear View Post
i highly doubt boston would trade both first for carolina's first unless we are talking at the draft and carolina has number 1 and boston has 4 or worse and something in the twenties.
Depending on the other offers on the table it may take the two first round choices to make move up to first overall (If that's how things shake down when everything is said and done).

Old
01-12-2010, 09:01 AM
TheMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
Tor 2nd for Poni is not a bad deal for a team in the playoff hunt.

Why do people keep insisting that Kaberle is worth a top 3-5 (overall) choice?
Way I see it Ponikarovsky is worth more then just a 2nd (given Dominic Moore returned a 2nd last year). That to me helps off-set Kaberle vs tor 1st. Quite honestly throw in whatever else it takes to get back that pick.

TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote