HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Need help (finding leagues)

Old
01-13-2010, 07:34 PM
AyVee

vCash: 500
Need help (finding leagues)

I'm looking for a hockey league my brother (maybe me too) can try out for, but I have absolutely no idea what I'm looking at. Everytime I look up something I'm bombarded with these leagues and terms that I'm totally unfamiliar with.
We're 17 and 19 and he's like maybe 6 feet, I dunno. I'm more around 5'11" or '10.

We're new to this (trying to find hockey leagues) but me and my father have been wanting to get my brother into ANY kind of league for a long time.

Can anyone give me advice on where a good league is for our age in and/or around the Colorado Springs, Colorado area?
Preferrably Ice, but hell I'll even take a roller league We're kinda desperate TBH.

The only place we've been for Hockey is the roller-outdoor-rink in Cottonwood Park.

AyVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 08:00 PM
SouthpawTRK

Doing a search on Google, there is a place in Monument (about 25 minutes from Colorado Springs) called Colorado Sports and Event Center. You can check out this link:

http://www.socnroll.com/ice_hockey.htm

I'm not sure if you guys are looking for a recreational league, or if you are looking to see if you and your brother can qualify for a team?

Hopefully, this is helpful.

SouthpawTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 09:16 PM
AyVee

Thanks. It kind of is. TBH, I have no idea what I'm looking for. My bro's needs might be specific, but my father doesn't really care.
I still have no idea what peewee, midget, tier, mite, squirt or any of those mean. AT least that link tells me the age group of those terms. More specifically here: http://www.socnroll.com/leagues.htm
So I guess our range is in High School? And I guess the Adult Bronze/Silver... whatever those are.
I apologize if I seem a bit clueless.

It's not that I don't try to do my own research, I guess I'm just very bad at researching because I can never find the answers I'm looking for, and quite frankly I'm getting very frustrated with the whole thing.

Old
01-13-2010, 10:01 PM
SouthpawTRK

ZhasX,

I want to apologize if my post came across like you did not do any research on the question of the original post. I was just saying that I did a quick search and found something that would hopefully be helpful.

You could probably talk to one of the local hockey shops; I think there is one called The Player's Bench. I'm sure that the people working there would be able to direct you and your brother to a league that will suit your needs.

Once again, sorry if my reply came across poorly; just trying to help.

While it can be frustrating to find answers to the many questions in life; you accomplished one of the hardest things that people face in life; and that is asking for assistance.

SouthpawTRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 10:14 PM
NigelSPNKr
#SavetheGoons

vCash: 164
Have you guys played before? The reason im asking is because if you havent had much experience, midget, juvenile (dont know the American equivalent is to these levels) and high school above a house league level might not be possible. There also may not be a house league level for those tiers in your area either. You could always look for a beginner level beer league (if you havnt played much of course) if you have no luck with minor hockey.

NigelSPNKr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 11:22 PM
AyVee

You didn't really come off as such, I just felt like saying, lol sorry for maybe portraying that.
But thanks both of you.

We've played and have some experience but I've only played shinny and my bro has done some in-line skate city teams for two years a long time ago. While those things you listed might not be possible for me, the main interest here is for my brother as he's too good not to play in a league IMO. As for me, I'm content playing pond/street hockey.

Last edited by AyVee: 01-13-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old
01-13-2010, 11:59 PM
Renneys Revenge

this is not meant to be an advertisement by any means and if i am violating any rules mods please delete this but if any beginners are looking for a league in the boston area get in contact with Hockey North America (www.hna.com). As of now I think there are enough players for a team but the more interest the more likely we are to have a season! PM me for any additional information.

Renneys Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 12:03 AM
NigelSPNKr
#SavetheGoons

vCash: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhasX View Post
You didn't really come off as such, I just felt like saying, lol sorry for maybe portraying that.
But thanks both of you.

We've played and have some experience but I've only played shinny and my bro has done some in-line skate city teams for two years a long time ago. While those things you listed might not be possible for me, the main interest here is for my brother as he's too good not to play in a league IMO. As for me, I'm content playing pond/street hockey.
With your guys ages and level of play i would recommend looking into juvenile house league and/or D-level beer league (im sorry i dont know the equivilant in America, im sure anyone that works with the different levels might know)

NigelSPNKr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 01:12 PM
DJnet65

Looks like there are a few Rinks in the Colorado springs area that you acan look into.

this is a list of Rinks in the area

http://www.rjmarq.org/skate/rink_reg...n=NorthCentral

This is the websites of a couple of those rinks.

http://www.coloradocollege.edu/_athletics/honnen/

http://www.worldarena.com/page.asp?id=8&name=Ice%20Hall

Your best bet is to call up the these rinks and basically tell them what you posted on this board, that you are looking fro a league for you and your brother to play in. I'm sure they could probably find something appropriate for your ages and abilities.

DJnet65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 02:04 PM
SuicideKings15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaBacon View Post
With your guys ages and level of play i would recommend looking into juvenile house league and/or D-level beer league (im sorry i dont know the equivilant in America, im sure anyone that works with the different levels might know)
CB, I keep forgetting, where do you play again?

SuicideKings15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2010, 02:07 PM
SuicideKings15

Oh, and to the OP; Maybe just weekly pick-up is in store this winter to get your legs under both of you and then perhaps you can find a summer beer-league and then a winter beer-league next year. The price for beer-leagues around here (Southern Ontario) is about $300 if you aren't sponsored and field a good sized team. I'm guessing it will be a bit more expnsive down there.

SuicideKings15 is offline   Reply With Quote