HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who thinks TM is INSANE for playing Ivanans

Old
01-10-2010, 02:35 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

vCash: 500
Who thinks TM is INSANE for playing Ivanans

I cant take it anymore. He sucks. Our enforcer doesnt enforce. He takes stupid penalties. He wastes ice time and space. He is worse than useless. Why does our coach not see that playing him is detrimental to the team. Tonight it cost us 15 minutes of quality defensman ice time because OD and the Warrior had to do Ivanans job for him.

The classical defintion of insanity is repeating the same behavior and expecting different results. Has our vaunted coach slipped into that level of psychosis? why does he continue to dress and play Ivanans? WHY?

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 02:43 AM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
I'm in........................

Alone the idea of dressing Ivanans should Lombardi force to fire Murray

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 02:46 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

I see you picked up right where our discussion left off tonight

I will no longer blame Ivanans. It's not his fault.

Is Murray nuts? No. He has more important problems - like Kopitar, Brown, and Frolov

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 02:48 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

I wish someone had the balls to ask him why he plays #41? The only thing Ivanans does is take bone headed penalties and pretends to scare the opposition with his "intimidating" glares.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 02:52 AM
Shellz

Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Leave Ritis alone. He has one penalty in the last 3 games. I'm not exactly sure what you are blaming him for? Not scoring? Not fighting? Not hitting enough? One of those don't fit by the way.

Just stop.

Worry about players that you're actually suppose to worry about.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 03:10 AM
reset
Puck Luck

zzzzz

reset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 03:13 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Leave Ritis alone. He has one penalty in the last 3 games. I'm not exactly sure what you are blaming him for? Not scoring? Not fighting? Not hitting enough? One of those don't fit by the way.

Just stop.

I know he's least of our worries right now but he is taking up a roster spot. He doesn't do what an enforcer has to do. Instead our Dmen usually end up doing his job. He's a waste of roster space.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 03:14 AM
redcard

The reasons that Murray dresses an enforcer have been stated over and over again.

I don't pin this on Murray, if Ivanans isn't performing his role its on him to improve or Dean to acquire someone who can.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 03:18 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:

Just stop.

Ivanans is on the team for one reason, and one reason only, to drop the gloves when necessary. He isn't even doing that now, leaving it up to OD and Greene.

This thread is not to dump on Ivanans. If he wants to let other players do his job, that's his decision.

This thread is to question why Murray is still starting a player who brings nothing to the game.

Quick question: Who were the healthy scratches tonight?

Last edited by RonSwanson*: 01-10-2010 at 03:33 AM.
RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 03:30 AM
Hollywood

I would have taken someone like a Brad May or a Darren McCarty any day before RESIGNING Ivanans... Atleast with May and or someone similar they can atleast play positionally and when the puck ends up on their stick you are not wondering what will happen... I am not against him on our team but I am against him playing as much sa he does... And you lose some weight with a Brad May (or someone we could have signed for league minimum)compared to ivanans but people know a brad may or similar will fight anything and can hurt you...
If we had a 4th line( 3 players- not ivanans) that forechecked and played good defensively for 9-10 minutes a night we would be so much better than we are now. Our 1st line wouldn't be so drained at the end of games and it would be more difficult for other teams to match up against our number 1 line because of that extra trust in the 4th line...Guess who is playing every night against the number 1 defensive unit. Kopitar... We pay Kopi 7 mill and he has 4 goals in the last 28 games!!!!!
If we had someone other than ivanans we could afford an extra 4-5 mins for the 4th line and then kopi at home could get out on the ice vs the teams 3-4th lines more often....I have been arguing for this since day 1... What took the cake for me was ivanans playing against the detroit red wings, that haven't had a fighter since kocur or Probert, and he was playing with 8 mins left in the 3rd period and gets a stupid penalty when we are down 1-0....COME ON COACHES> COME ON MNGMNT

Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 05:09 AM
William H Bonney

Quote:

Just stop.

Raitis sucks. He's an ECHL player. I cringe when he's out there but you're right, it's not his fault, but when I complain about him, he's just the obvious example to vent frustration towards Murray and I assume that's the issue for most others as well.

Now, I'm in the camp that heavyweights like Ivanans aren't a necessity anymore, especially if we had some middleweights, like most other teams, that fought, but we don't. That's not Murray's fault, it's on Dean. But the problem with Raitis is he's not effective at what he's supposed to be able to do. He can't skate. He takes a lot of minor penalties given his ice time. He rarely fights anymore. He bogs down an entire line. He's a joke to other teams. I don't buy this "intimidation" factor people thinks he brings.

Doesn't everyone here remember how effective our 4th line was when Ivanans was in the press box? Segal's goal tonight was the first time the 4th line has scored all year when Ivanans was on it. And he wasn't a part of it. After being leveled by BJ Crombeen, he was trying to initiate a fight with down the ice while Segal was scoring.

People aren't worrying about the players when they worry about Ivanans, it's about the baffling, mid 90s style coaching decisions we see from Murray. When talking individual players, we should be worrying about Kopitar finding his balls, or Brown simplifying his game, or Frolov ruining all of his trade value before his unleashed, or about when the next Jones pinch is going to come, etc.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 05:11 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Randy Jones deserves his own thread more than Raitis. At least Raitis is pretty much expected to suck...

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 05:36 AM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Uhmmmmmmmmm.........

guys.........

The OP didn't wrote Ivanans sucks........
He wrote Murray must be nuts to dress him

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Hollywood

i believe both apply...I am starting to believe Murray will be fired

Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:38 AM
reset
Puck Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Randy Jones deserves his own thread more than Raitis. At least Raitis is pretty much expected to suck...
agreed.

reset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:45 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
Ivanans is on the team for one reason, and one reason only, to drop the gloves when necessary. He isn't even doing that now, leaving it up to OD and Greene.

This thread is not to dump on Ivanans. If he wants to let other players do his job, that's his decision.

This thread is to question why Murray is still starting a player who brings nothing to the game.

Quick question: Who were the healthy scratches tonight?
Yep, hence the title. The coach makes the nightly lineup, and playing a player who hurts the team is simply stupid or as I put it in the OP INSANE, for the reasons cited.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Although he can't play hockey and wastes ice time in general, at least he tries hard which is more than what can be said for a couple of other guys

Last edited by Muzzinga: 01-10-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 11:24 AM
South Beach

Singling out any "one" player tells me all I need to know about a poster and their knowledge of hockey or any other team sport, win or lose. Support them for crying out loud.

South Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 12:09 PM
yankeeking

I thought the last time we had a thread similar to this that some were over reacting about RI and i have been trying to watch him the last few games more closely and we all have to admit he has hit a new low in suxage and is not doing his job,when it was 3-1 or at least at 4-1 he should have picked a fight to fire up the team and the home crowd......the fact that TM left both him and jones on the ice last night,ivanis did nothing with almost 10 min. ice time again and jones was easily the worst player,getting almost 20 min's ice time and being on the ice for all 4 goals and responsible for at least 2of them by being out of position again, leads you t wonder about the coaches judgement if not his sanity........

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

I think Ivanans is a waste as well. Hopefully Clifford or Clune will be up next season.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Matt13

I dont like Ivanans either as I find his name hard to pronounce.

However, doesnt he need a dance partner in order to dance? Do you really think BJ Crombeen is going to go with him? I also think Winchester knows better.

I dont remember which game I was recently watching but I saw Raitis stick in the mid section of a player trying to get his attention but the player just kept skating. It might have been on the Segal goal. Luckily the play didnt stop, so I agree that he needs to pick his spots better, however blaming him for not fighting last night is lame. DJ King wasnt in the line up, however the Blues have a lot of tough guys and his presence was needed. His play is ok, all things considered.

Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
I think Ivanans is a waste as well. Hopefully Clifford or Clune will be up next season.

Do you really think that is going to solve things?

Clune hasnt cracked this line up, so that tells me his play isnt anything spectacular. Clifford, while crazy, is in juniors with no pro experience. Neither one of them is going to be able to take a heavyweight. So what we really need to think about is if Westgarth is going to be able to come and patrol the ice and keep things in check.

Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 01:17 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
i fully expect Mr. Jones to suck...

sweatypickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 01:47 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

I think he's insane playing him vs. teams like Detroit. Overall? Nah.. it's cool. TM is playing the hand he was dealt. If Ivanans isn't the right answer... then that's a DL problem that DL needs to solve.

TonySCV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 01:59 PM
funky

I'm in

I know why he is dressed, protection, fear, etc. I just don't understand why he is used in certian situations, ie) third period, down a couple

more importantly, what the hell is being done to light a fire under Kopitars ass

funky is offline   Reply With Quote